• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best 7.62mm Semi Automatic Sniper Rifle

Re: Best 7.62mm Semi Automatic Sniper Rifle

My Jeep, is my house... this is not. I'm a guest here... and I want to remain welcomed... ;-)

I did save a crap ton on my car insurance this year though...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I did save a crap ton on my car insurance this year though...

</div></div>
I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express

I think the answer regarding 100yd ranges has some to do with the American culture, and a lot to do with range construction.

100 yards is of course the length of a football field, and that distance is ingrained in so many minds, that many times a modest distance is conveyed to the public in 'units of a football field'.

Most importantly, I invite you to do a search of rifle ranges, especially in the Midwest and East of the Mississippi. Many, many, ranges stop @ 100yds.

Where I live, the closest rifle club had a max range of 200yds, and their local anti-gun county board is trying to sue the range out of existence. The next closest club has 600yds, but is a substantial drive, and membership is closed for now.

Does this help you to begin to understand the 100yd standard?
smile.gif

Sorry. I live in a world much bigger than 100 yards. Thanks for clarifying it for me though. I have often wondered where the 100 yard benchmark came from.

My point still stands. Just because a rifle shoots tight at 100 yards does not mean the rifle, and most importantly, THE SHOOTER... can be consistent at distance. It's a false sense of true accuracy.

The further out you go, the more skill it takes.

But... I could be wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry. I live in a world much bigger than 100 yards. Thanks for clarifying it for me though. I have often wondered where the 100 yard benchmark came from.

My point still stands. Just because a rifle shoots tight at 100 yards does not mean the rifle, and most importantly, THE SHOOTER... can be consistent at distance. It's a false sense of true accuracy.

The further out you go, the more skill it takes.

But... I could be wrong. </div></div>

100 yards is for evaluating the rifle, not the shooter. Environmentals will play little effect on the bullet.

This question reminds me of 'whats the best mod for my car for ****** racing?'

Spend the money and time on training for yourself, your rifle will outperform you until you have thousands of rounds through it and at least 6-12 months of training depending on how much time each month you devote to it.

Personally I didn't spend the money on a POF until I had 10+ years of shooting experience. Just get a sub $1,000 dollar gun and when its the gun holding you back, worry about upgrading.

If you are going to have one built give Brad a call at superior tactical solutions. He is building one for my son right now it is built off of armalite super sass, but with broughton 5c barrel tactical match chamber, and a jard match trigger. He built me a .260 rem in a aics 2.0 chassis and rifle is a hammer. Great guy to do bussiness with.

I just got the 18" Hogan 308 (like the POF except directly from the manufacturing source) and I love it. I will post pictures later but it is an exceptionally accurate long range semi auto rifle. I put a 3.5-10 Leupold Mark 4 L/RT with M3 turrets and used federal grain 175 with sub MOA results at 100 meters. That is about as good as you get. Plus the recoil is more like an AR15 yet the noise and pressure wave will let you know (and several people a few benches away with AR15's) that your gun has wicked stopping power. It was actually quite hilarious hearing them say "whoa, what gun is that." check it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paradude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are pictures of my Hogan 18" 308</div></div>

Nice rifle you have there but if you plan on using either of those photos for your signature, they need to be resized and made smaller because they're too large.

If "best" means most accurate, original poster might want to take a look on Les Baer rifles.

Plenty of fine manufacturers out there, but not so many who actually <span style="font-style: italic">guarantee</span> their product accuracy.
½ MOA, 7.62 AR:
http://www.lesbaer.com/AR308.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If "best" means most accurate, original poster might want to take a look on Les Baer rifles.

Plenty of fine manufacturers out there, but not so many who actually guarantee their products accuracy.
½ MOA, 7.62 AR:
</div></div>

I understand what you're saying but an accuracy guarantee is a marketing tool because you can have the most accurized and expensive weapon system in the world but if the shooter doesn't implement the proper fundementals then the weapons accuracy won't be worth a shit. That being said, I have no doubt that Les Baer rifles are as accurate as they are claiming them to be.

For example, G.A. Precision places a 3/4 moa guarantee on their GAP-10 but Lowlight was able to achieve 3/8 moa with it. In that same topic/thread he mentioned his POF being just under 1/2 moa. Does that mean that GAP or POF should place a sub-1/2 moa guarantee on their rifles? Certainly not and it would be foolish to do such a thing because that kind of accuracy isn't something that can be achieved by very many shooters.

What I'm saying is, I don't believe it's wise to purchase a rifle based on an accuracy guarantee because if you're not implementing the fundamentals of marksmanship then you're gonna be sorely disappointed in the accuracy when you leave the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
For example, G.A. Precision places a 3/4 moa guarantee on their GAP-10 but Lowlight was able to achieve 3/8 moa with it. In that same topic/thread he mentioned his POF being just under 1/2 moa. Does that mean that GAP or POF should place a sub-1/2 moa guarantee on their rifles? Certainly not and it would be foolish to do such a thing because that kind of accuracy isn't something that can be achieved by very many shooters</div></div>

I dont think we are disagreeing too much- but still.
Guarantee is a guarantee.
If car manufacturer guarantees 200mph top speed, they know car can make it.
If driver cant, its irrelevant.

The great thing about the American market place for 7.62 autoloaders is its size -- there are literally so many choices out there from varied merchants that it's hard to go wrong.

Much of today's choice boils down to money/cost/acceptable-tolerable price and wait time -- since most guns now share common DNA with an AR-type upper, lower, and quality trigger and barrel. For some cost is not a consideration -- for others access to repair parts and service is critical.

Handloads will narrow the field and preference as folks become more familiar with their particular gun selection -- and like any gun (ARs, Remingtons, AIs, Savages, etc.) folks will write about what they know vice comparing to other systems since they may never be exposed to anything more expensive than what they settled on or were issued.

A one-off custom special will benefit from hand-fitting and intimate attention, while an off-the-shelf is what it is.

yeah but finding mags for the scar? anyone heard of someone retrofitting fal mags to work in them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chongoMT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HK can't import long guns for civilian sales in the configurations American's prefer. It has nothing to do with them hating people, even though the customer service at times may seem contrary to that. </div></div>

Without even knowing the background info, I thought that this saying sounded funny. I would imagine HK just makes normal business decisions, within the rules that exist, but then again I probably have no idea what I'm talking about again, so...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
For example, G.A. Precision places a 3/4 moa guarantee on their GAP-10 but Lowlight was able to achieve 3/8 moa with it. In that same topic/thread he mentioned his POF being just under 1/2 moa. Does that mean that GAP or POF should place a sub-1/2 moa guarantee on their rifles? Certainly not and it would be foolish to do such a thing because that kind of accuracy isn't something that can be achieved by very many shooters</div></div>

I dont think we are disagreeing too much- but still.
Guarantee is a guarantee.
If car manufacturer guarantees 200mph top speed, they know car can make it.
If driver cant, its irrelevant.

</div></div>

It seems to me that the most useful kind of accuracy guarantee, would be one where the variable of the person operating the equipment is taken out of it entirely - so you can compare it to all the other accuracy guarantees. In other words, with the testing done from a machine rest.

I just don't get the short barrels on 7.62/.308 rifles. The expressed purpose of a Winchester .308 is to "reach out and touch someone;" so why, why, in the world of all that is rational, does a rifleman throw away 100's of feet per second so they can jump on the short-barrel bandwagon?

Too heavy with a 4 or more inches of barrel? Your father/Grandfather humped an M1 Garand without crying.

Too long with 4" more barrel? For what? House clearing?
The 7.62mm is best suited for long range engagements in Western Europe, and desert/mountain warfare. Anywhere the enemy has learned to stay beyond the effective range of the short barreled 5.56mm M4. Stop wasting the 7.62mm/.308 in diminutive barrels.

Just because you dont get it doesnt make it a bad idea! If I were operating in the mountains of Astan, the Desert or vast open areas of europe, I certainly would NOT choose a 308! I would want a magnum caliber such as 338LM. If I were operating in a semi urban or urban environment, I would want a 16" semi! But I am nobody with no credentials to attach to my opinion. But it certainly seems those in harms way see it the same way because that seems to be the trend. And I think those that are making those choices probably know a thing or thee about what works. To add to that I can tell you that my KAC EMC with a 16" barrel doesnt seem to give up hardly anything to my AIAW!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If "best" means most accurate, original poster might want to take a look on Les Baer rifles.

Plenty of fine manufacturers out there, but not so many who actually <span style="font-style: italic">guarantee</span> their product accuracy.
½ MOA, 7.62 AR:
</div></div>

Have you uh... ever delt with Les on a problem? I have. I'm here to tell you, between Les' ego and the Magnuson Moss act - it is either gonna run correctly out of the box or you're going to sell it and never buy another thing with his name on it.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Plenty of fine manufacturers out there, but not so many who actually <span style="font-style: italic">guarantee</span> their product accuracy.</div></div>Accuracy guarantees are a tourist trap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fnbrowning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just don't get the short barrels on 7.62/.308 rifles...why, in the world of all that is rational, does a rifleman throw away 100's of feet per second so they can jump on the short-barrel bandwagon?</div></div>Because the extra 100fps isn't necessary any more. With modern ammo a long barrel is no longer needed for the bullet to remain supersonic at 1000 yards. Besides, the purpose of a .308 semi is to own to 600, with only some capability beyond that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fnbrowning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too long with 4" more barrel? For what? House clearing?</div></div>It's not about barrel length, it's about weight and handling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fnbrowning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 7.62mm is best suited for long range engagements in Western Europe, and desert/mountain warfare. Anywhere the enemy has learned to stay beyond the effective range of the short barreled 5.56mm M4.</div></div>That may have been more correct thirty years ago, but it's no longer true.

What do you consider to be the effective range of an M4, and what do you consider to be the purpose/advantage of a 24" or 26" barrel on a .308 semi over a 16" or 20" bbl?

Larue OBR - didn't like the trigger, but that's ok, easily replace. Other than that, I love this rifle. I put 40 rounds downrange on saturday. I've got the 16 inch version with the 762ss brake mount. Nightforce MOA/MOA F1 on a delta AD mount. I wish I had pictures to post but no go on that. Wonderfully shooting gun. Very SOFT shooting too. I shot about MOA and I think I can do better with a better trigger. I was not impressed with the Geissele SSA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larue OBR - didn't like the trigger, but that's ok, easily replace. Other than that, I love this rifle. I put 40 rounds downrange on saturday. I've got the 16 inch version with the 762ss brake mount. Nightforce MOA/MOA F1 on a delta AD mount. I wish I had pictures to post but no go on that. Wonderfully shooting gun. Very SOFT shooting too. I shot about MOA and I think I can do better with a better trigger. I was not impressed with the Geissele SSA.</div></div>

You should give the Geissele SSA-E a try. Out of the triggers I've used (Timney, POF, SSA, SSA-E), it's by far the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fnbrowning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just don't get the short barrels on 7.62/.308 rifles. The expressed purpose of a Winchester .308 is to "reach out and touch someone;" so why, why, in the world of all that is rational, does a rifleman throw away 100's of feet per second so they can jump on the short-barrel bandwagon?

Too heavy with a 4 or more inches of barrel? Your father/Grandfather humped an M1 Garand without crying.

Too long with 4" more barrel? For what? House clearing?
The 7.62mm is best suited for long range engagements in Western Europe, and desert/mountain warfare. Anywhere the enemy has learned to stay beyond the effective range of the short barreled 5.56mm M4. Stop wasting the 7.62mm/.308 in diminutive barrels. </div></div>

Your grandfather didn't hump armor plates, radios, batteries, NVGs, LRF's,etc... I guarantee today's soldiers carry more weight than the soldiers of WWII

As said before, you can easily get out to a 800-1000m with a 16" 308. In A-stan, you find yourself doing long range patrols then clearing compounds (aka houses) on the same day.

The Army has been procuring the XM2010 which is a 300WM which is much more capable of "reaching out and touching someone."

M14 all day, especially with one of those fancy EBR stocks. Troy MCS is pretty sweet too, but its damn heavy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fnbrowning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does a rifleman throw away 100's of feet per second so they can jump on the short-barrel bandwagon?</div></div>

Because all that extra barrel really isn't needed until you are firing at targets over half a mile away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too heavy with a 4 or more inches of barrel? Your father/Grandfather humped an M1 Garand without crying.</div></div>

You mean my grandfather who was drafted and lost all his brothers because of the war and still has nightmares + malaria? Yeah he loved it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stop wasting the 7.62mm/.308 in diminutive barrels. </div></div>

Sure thing bud...clearly you know what you are talking about LOL

hey these guys like the obr lol

"seriously say one more f'en thing about my shorts"

MDspCO6-16-10fmcdh291.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If "best" means most accurate, original poster might want to take a look on Les Baer rifles.

½ MOA, 7.62 AR:
</div></div>
Have you uh... ever delt with Les on a problem? I have. I'm here to tell you, between Les' ego and the Magnuson Moss act - it is either gonna run correctly out of the box or you're going to sell it and never buy another thing with his name on it.
Good luck </div></div>

No, I do not own one. And did not mean to give impression that I do.
Seems that laws against false advertising are way stricter in this side of pond.

Sorry. Should have known better.
CounterSniper have done false ads for a while, and still going strong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solid_Squirrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've not seen the HK417/MR762 mentioned, which is understandable.

HK_417.jpg

So does anyone think if the 417 was available, and I suppose, priced differently - think would it be a contender, purely in the mechanical sense? </div></div>

I know MR308 owners, and have witnessed amazing groups shot with them.
I guess its mainly because of very well finished barrels. Still, 417 did not pass German army accuracy tests while ago if I recall correctly.

I will probably be accused of being a gun salesman here as I do not post, only lurk and read, but I was able to go out and demo the F&D .308 today in New Braunfels and I found the gun to be a very nice rifle. I was in between business meetings and the owner allowed me to shoot his prototype. I was just shooting iron sights at 50 yards, nothing fancy, but I was very satisfied with my 40 round fairly rapid fire group being in a 2 inch pattern at 50 yards on a slightly rainy day. The gun cycled smoothly, was very nice to operate and overall I thought it to be very well built. I was not really trying to set any grouping records or anything, just test it out and see how it performed. I have a Larue OBR and have fired the SR25 from KAC and I thought the F&D held it's ground nicely compared to those. I am not a salesman for them, I do not work for them, they were just nice enough to let me shoot the gun. I did not pay $10000 or $20000 or whatever it was for the gun and I am not trying to sell anyone on it with some sort of claims of greatness. All I can say is that I think if I were to put a good scope on the gun, I think I would have a very reliable shooter out to 500 meters without any problem. I plan to do just that in the next few weeks. If you are not interested in the gun, I understand, I just think that they might have gotten a bad rap from some posts that are not really indicative of the actual quality of the gun.

I cannot say that "nothing comes close" to this rifle as my LaRue is a nice gun and the KAC's are equally as nice, but I would certainly put this gun in the same ballpark. I do think that it is well thought out, very nicely constructed, certainly not ugly as someone posted and overall a fine gun. I am planning on ordering one to add to my collection and I doubt I will be disappointed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fnbrowning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just don't get the short barrels on 7.62/.308 rifles......why, why, in the world of all that is rational, does a rifleman throw away 100's of feet per second so they can jump on the short-barrel bandwagon?....</div></div>

Wrap your head around this one...

My 21" AR10 and 20" AE MkII both launch .30 cal bullets far faster and more accurately than either the M1 Garand or 1903 Springfield that my ancestors carried into battle. The bullet arrives with more than enough energy to kill anything with two legs and many with four.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fnbrowning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too heavy with a 4 or more inches of barrel? Your father/Grandfather humped an M1 Garand without crying.</div></div>

The Garand is probably the lightest "high power" rifle in my safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fnbrowning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too long with 4" more barrel? For what? House clearing?
......Stop wasting the 7.62mm/.308 in diminutive barrels. </div></div>

Actually the .308 when loaded with appropriate ammunition is an excellent CQB rifle. In that role I would drop the barrel down to 12.5" and make sure that everyone on the team is wearing ear pro (which they SHOULD BE anyhow). 110gr TAP does a NASTY job close in and doesn't over-penetrate.

It has been demonstrated time and time again that the 7.62/.308 does not need a long barrel to excel.

Carry a long barrel if you like. Those of us that shoot competitively and defensively know what the capabilities of the system are.

YOU MUST BE A PAID VENDOR TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE

Upgraded from an SA Scout Squad M1A in a Mk. 14 Mod. 0 chassis to an LWRC REPR. Although my REPR's the 16" barrel variant and purchased/meant to be deployed more as a battle rifle, I haven't looked back, and plan on one day grabbing one of the 20" barreled uppers to switch out with my 16" upper for long range shooting.

You can't go wrong with the battle proven M1A.

M14 is doing DMR duty in the sandbox -

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast_dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can't go wrong with the battle proven M1A.

M14 is doing DMR duty in the sandbox -

</div></div>

Sure you can. A good AR-10 can be had for what you pay for a top shelf M1A and the AR-10 will be much more accurate.

What about JP Rifles? They are releasing their dual charging PSC-12. Looks slick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast_dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
M14 is doing DMR duty in the sandbox -</div></div>

LMT and KAC rifles are too.

DEA FAST teams have been running the REPR in Afghanistan also.

reprafg.jpg

5097283456b6d1fd658eb.jpg

20" barrel version pictured, the guy standing has an M6A2.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast_dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can't go wrong with the battle proven M1A.

M14 is doing DMR duty in the sandbox -</div></div>

Take a look at what all has to be done to an M14 to make it even close to acceptable as a DMR rifle. Even then it's nowhere near as suited at the AR pattern .308's.

Refitting the M14's was out of necessity, not design. Take a look at what it costs to buy an M1A, add a bipod mount, scope mount and cheek piece or chassis system. Then you still have a less than ergonomic system that was never designed for the job at hand. Compare that to the cost of an AR based system. Then remember that the AR systems only require adding optics.

I won't argue the emotional side of it. I love the look and feel of the M14/M1A. I was offered the chance to carry one of our M14's on my department. I asked instead if I could carry my AR10 because I know it is simply a better tool no matter if the task is gun-fighting or holding a perimeter.

I'm looking at the LaRue OBR vs the GAP-10. In price, the GAP-10 wins, but I've heard amazing things about LaRue's quality control. Anyone got a preference on these two guns? I would prefer to hear from people who have dealt with both, if possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snake Plissken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DEA FAST teams have been running the REPR in Afghanistan also.

reprafg.jpg

5097283456b6d1fd658eb.jpg

20" barrel version pictured, the guy standing has an M6A2. </div></div>
Those guys look green as F*#k! Also notice how he has his glock in a mag pouch. Also looks like they have ole grandpa securing the rear.

I will agree the M14 should not be on the list. Too many things have to be done to it to update it to make it field worthy. Also lots of issues with the gas piston system and firing a can with it. Way over pressure so you have to put or make an adjustable gas plug. If you forget to change the settings back it wont cycle with out a can.(Seems to be sensitive with different lots and ammo types.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=264577198

pix604051289.jpg

pix991016947.jpg

pix911472900.jpg

pix053570534.jpg

</div></div>

Epic thread!!

This looks like the bastard offspring of a drunken fu*k between my old L1A1 and an AR. </div></div> Is the charging handle attached to a rod? It looks like when you charge it the rod goes back towards the shooters face. I just hope that whatever secures that rod in place doesn't break because that rod is going into your face. Whats wrong with copying the LWRC side charger? or try a Adcor Bear system side charger.

29 pages. I feel like I've just read the same novel for the tenth time. Oh well, at least the prototype guy jumped in to give it a different twist.
wink.gif

okie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those guys look green as F*#k! Also notice how he has his glock in a mag pouch. Also looks like they have ole grandpa securing the rear.</div></div>

Heh, someone else on another forum where I grabbed those pictures did say "they look like they just got there, their gear is too clean."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snake Plissken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DEA FAST teams have been running the REPR in Afghanistan also.

reprafg.jpg

</div></div>

I like how this guy has his ADM mount on backwards...

[/quote] Is the charging handle attached to a rod? It looks like when you charge it the rod goes back towards the shooters face. I just hope that whatever secures that rod in place doesn't break because that rod is going into your face. Whats wrong with copying the LWRC side charger? or try a Adcor Bear system side charger. [/quote]

The rod does not go back towards the shooter's face, but I did not look at exactly how it was secured. I'll find out. That is a good question. The bolt did charge very smoothly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nate8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking at the LaRue OBR vs the GAP-10. In price, the GAP-10 wins, but I've heard amazing things about LaRue's quality control. Anyone got a preference on these two guns? I would prefer to hear from people who have dealt with both, if possible.</div></div>

Look around on this forum and you'll find people who have dealt with and owned both. Personally, I wouldn't give Mark LaRue the sweat off my balls if he was dying of thirst in the desert.

George and the guys at G.A. Precision, on the other hand, know their stuff and are well respected throughout the shooting community for a reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nate8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking at the LaRue OBR vs the GAP-10. In price, the GAP-10 wins, but I've heard amazing things about LaRue's quality control. Anyone got a preference on these two guns? I would prefer to hear from people who have dealt with both, if possible. </div></div>

Quality control? It either shoots the way you want it to or it doesn't.

Both have lots and lots of happy owners so buy whichever makes you the horniest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wkopplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[/quote] Is the charging handle attached to a rod? It looks like when you charge it the rod goes back towards the shooters face. I just hope that whatever secures that rod in place doesn't break because that rod is going into your face. Whats wrong with copying the LWRC side charger? or try a Adcor Bear system side charger. </div></div>

The rod does not go back towards the shooter's face, but I did not look at exactly how it was secured. I'll find out. That is a good question. The bolt did charge very smoothly. [/quote]
Are you sure that the charging handle rod does protrude out the back of the receiver when racking it back? The sameone has been on gunbroker since December 2011.