• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do you think there’s a difference between Rolex and Timex? Kinda the same thing, both keep time, one is significantly higher quality. I have high-end and low-end rifles and they all shoot, but they are not the same.
I hear what your saying, but to me ARs are a little different.

Let's take two ARs each made by a different manufacturer both are made out of the exact same material and both are milled to the exact same dimensions one has a better looking finish than the other, but other than that they are 100% identical. The one with the better finish is $500 more than the other. I will take the one with the lesser finish all day. Now I am not saying its like that with every AR, but it is with a lot of them.

And yes sometimes IMO you are paying more for a certain rollmark and if that's your thing you do you.

Reactions: Bluedog82
Do you think there’s a difference between Rolex and Timex? Kinda the same thing, both keep time, one is significantly higher quality. I have high-end and low-end rifles and they all shoot, but they are not the same.
Unfortunately in this case Rolex doesn’t give a shit about the 2A or civilian sales.

This isn’t to say you should cheap out on your rifle(s), but it makes sense to support those who would support you. KAC and HK ain’t on that list.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Thoughts on LWRC, Aero, and Seekins? I recently had to ban optics planet, they won't send me completely legal parts in NY. Sucks that companies big enough to make an impact simply are too scared to deal with these scumbag politicians.

Unfortunately in this case Rolex doesn’t give a shit about the 2A or civilian sales.

This isn’t to say you should cheap out on your rifle(s), but it makes sense to support those who would support you. KAC and HK ain’t on that list.
Who are top manufacturers in your opinion then that don’t suck in regards to 2A/ civilian sales?

Realize you didn’t ask me but FWIW
ADM
Seekins
Never used any adm stuff, how is it?
Edited for my mistake. They have one available complete for 1300. But they charge 1200$ for one with no muzzle , bcg, or charging handle.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Never used any adm stuff, how is it? Quick Look on their site, and an upper is 1300 with no charging handle or BCG. Definitely puts them in “top tier” pricing category at the least
I like and use ADM's one-piece mounts, but they are very proud of any upper that comes with a barrel and handguard.

They have an American Defense MFG UIC Billet Upper Receiver for $250.00 so that means they put a lot of value just into the barrel and handguard.

Seems like it's a little disproportional when you consider what you can get a barrel and handguard for IMO.

Thoughts on LWRC, Aero, and Seekins? I recently had to ban optics planet, they won't send me completely legal parts in NY. Sucks that companies big enough to make an impact simply are too scared to deal with these scumbag politicians.
I hate LWRC for no reason..no bad experience with them at all, but damn I have an unjustified hate for them

This doesn’t help you at all lol

• Haha
Reactions: TonyTheTiger
Yea I was hit with a little bit of sticker shock on their site when I saw the upper pricing
I like and use ADM's one-piece mounts, but they are very proud of any upper that comes with a barrel and handguard.

They have an American Defense MFG UIC Billet Upper Receiver for $250.00 so that means they put a lot of value just into the barrel and handguard.

Seems like it's a little disproportional when you consider what you can get a barrel and handguard for IMO.
I edited my post. Error on my part. They offer a complete upper for 1300 with BCG and changing handle.

They also offer a “non complete” upper with no muzzle device, BCG, or charging handle for 1200. That’s what I was referencing. Weird pricing schedule there , but my mistake on my original post.

1300 is a little better for a complete upper, but still putting them in top tier pricing IMO

I will only rank what I have direct experience with, both issued weapons and personal.

1.) KAC SR-15. I got mine back when you could get into one for about $2K. Current pricing is retarded, and a hard pass. That said my SR-15 gets grabbed first to go to the range or for pretty much anything else.

2.) Daniel Defense. Mine has been great, at the higher end of pricing short of KAC/HK/LMT silliness I like my DD a lot. Very good barrel.

3.) Colt. Had a few issued to me albeit M16’s and I own a Pre-Sandy Hook manufactured M4A1 SOCOM II that is a phenomenal shooter with good ammo. Very solid over all, not sure about current Colts though.

4.) FN. My last issued weapon was an FN contract M16A4 back in 2003-2004. Never let me down, terrible GI trigger though, but who knows who actually built the trigger.

5.) CMMG. Dumpster fire. Avoid at all costs. Bought back when I thought AR’s were AR’s and manufacturer roll marks were just cosmetics.
What happened with your CMMG?

Well when the barrel extension comes loose off the barrel and the manufacturer doesn't give a shit, they tend to go on the "do not buy" list.
Different scenario, but that was one of the reasons (manufacturer doesn't give a shit) I got rid of my S&W M&P10 I needed to order a new gas tube (and yes it was my fault for fucking it up), but I was told by S&W it was a proprietary length and they had no idea if or when they could send me a replacement. I don't have a problem with proprietary as long as the manufacturer will support said product and sell replacement parts.

One keeps time infinitely more accurately than the other too.

I hate LWRC for no reason..no bad experience with them at all, but damn I have an unjustified hate for them

This doesn’t help you at all lol
Why do you hate LWRC?

Other than their barrels, I would take an LWRC over just about anything else out there?

Rail system is we designed. It retains zero well.

One of the best bolt carrier designs imo

Beefed up upper

Polylithic style rail and upper interface

Their gas block design is very efficient and durable and precise

One of the best lowers out there, actually ambi bolt catch and release on both sides as well as mag release on both sides

The only thing annoying about working on them is a special tool for barrel nut

Also the simple on a standard barrel needs a few passes with a file for it to fit in the LWRC upper

What happened with your CMMG?

Well where to begin?

1.) The upper CMMG used didn’t have M4 feed ramp cuts so they ground them in at their shop I guess. Barrel extensions protrude slightly past them so they do nothing. They’re not anodized either which is really nice.

2.) The bolt carrier gas key wasn’t properly staked or otherwise secured and came loose, conveniently chewing up the end of the gas tube. Eventually short stroking started to occur because of gas pressure loss, hence my reason for discovery.

3.) The chrome lined barrel flaked off some of the chrome lining and got what appears to be pitting where this happened even though the barrel was always cleaned and stored with a light coat of CLP in the bore.

4.) The barrel appears to have been cut to 16” with a chop saw with no effort made to crown it after that. Mediocre accuracy from the start.

5.) The lower receiver had the castle nut installed backwards.

6.) The carbine shipped with a standard CAR weight buffer, and combined with the big old honking gas port netted a harder recoiling over gassed under buffered combo. On the “plus” side the over gassing and under buffering let it run with a pretty bad gas leak from the carrier gas key.

The carbine is now a stripped lower, there were no other parts worth salvaging or re-using.

Why do you hate LWRC?

Other than their barrels, I would take an LWRC over just about anything else out there?

Rail system is we designed. It retains zero well.

One of the best bolt carrier designs imo

Beefed up upper

Polylithic style rail and upper interface

Their gas block design is very efficient and durable and precise

One of the best lowers out there, actually ambi bolt catch and release on both sides as well as mag release on both sides

The only thing annoying about working on them is a special tool for barrel nut

Also the simple on a standard barrel needs a few passes with a file for it to fit in the LWRC upper
Like I said…my hate for them is completely unreasonable

• Haha
Reactions: Milf Dots
Who are top manufacturers in your opinion then that don’t suck in regards to 2A/ civilian sales?
I am in no way to qualified to comment on “top” manufacturers, but I’d back ADM and Seekins and add JP if you want something a step up. If a plain jane AR is what you seek, BCM and SOLGW are easy choices and super pro-2A.

My first was a Colt HBAR from early 90's ran well, but shot very little sold to a Marine buddy think it was $400 or so new?

Then PSA sub $500 beater I put about 5k though then buddy has put another 10k through it over last 7 years and still runs perfectly.

Then I stepped up and bought a PWS which was great for about 6k rounds until 2 of the bolt locking lugs sheered off in addition to a failure of the barrel extension with major peening and deformation. Sent in and it sat for months on end waiting on a new barrel. Got it back and gas block leaked on 1st shot and couldn't even cycle. Went back for several more months waiting on barrels and it runs fine now. If I bought another gasser I'd give PSA a try again and bypass the more expensive route. I've not heard or read of issues with PWS before so I'm inclined to think it was a one off, but my experience do what it be.....it was not fun. They ultimately resolved it.

It would be better to break down the categories into Mil-Spec-ish, Gucci, Race Guns for action shooting, PDW/HD mini-ARs, and Hunting rifles.

There are a bunch of companies that have entered the market over the past 10 years doing some interesting things, and a lot of others who are chasing the lowest price points that miss the mark in quality, reliability, accuracy, and TDP compliance.

I. Gucci ones that interest me are:

Cobalt Kinetics
GAP
MSTN
That company with the EDM-cut receivers and taper-fit barrel nut, forgot the name.
LaRue
LWRCi
Nemo/2A
Noveske
Precision Firearms
SLR Rifleworks

II. Race Guns default answer is JP Enterprises, who pioneered the AR-15 race gun. Cobalt Kinetics had some crazy race guns before the new ownership stopped all that.

III. Mil-Spec type blasters with basic forged receiver sets and tight tri-bore carriers, quality bolts, chrome-lined barrels, correct gas ports, springs, small parts, great build quality is KAC, FN, BCM, and DD. KAC takes reliability and other details in their own direction with little improvements with the bolts, gas system, receiver features, muzzle devices, suppressor use optimization, and ergonomics. I see some good things from some of the new entrants in this space, but don’t have any hands-on with them (SOLGW, TRIARC). Should add Centurion to the list too.

BCM
Centurion
DD
FN
KAC
SOLGW
TRIARC

IV. PDW/Mini ARs are still being fleshed-out, with different ideas and departures from the plain Jane AR world:

Q
LMT
Maxim Defense
Noveske
SLR

V. Hunting Rifles
Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel
JP 6.5 Grendel
LaRue 6.5 Grendel
Nemo/2A Armament 6.5 Grendel / 6mm ARC/ 7.62x39
Wilson Combat 300 HAMR / 6.5 Grendel

There are a bunch I’m overlooking for sure. I didn’t know 2A Armament got bought-out by Nemo.

If someone is looking for Mil-Std carbine blaster, easy answer is BCM. If they are bored with the Mil-Spec looking guns, venture into any of the Gucci, PDW, Hunting, and Race guns if they want. I’m at the end of my 4th decade of shooting, building, accurizing, and messing with AR-15s, so I’ve seen a lot of different changes and unexpected evolutions over the years. My perspective is a lot different than 10-40 years ago. I’m currently into the 6.5 Grendel PDWs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ernest 5.56