• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report Best data for 300 scenar in Shooter?

jonaddis84

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.area419.com
Since the bullet library in Shooter only contains the G1 for the 300 Scenar, has anyone nailed down the most accurate solution for it using a G7?

Lapuas site lists .368 G7, Ive seen .372 also, but what needs to be input for minimum velocity? Also does bullet length need to be input when using G7?

When I just put in the .368 for G7 and no minimum velocity, it gives me an elevation correction of 3.2 mils for 3000 yards....pretty sure thats not right!

Re: Best data for 300 scenar in Shooter?

One way to find it out is to go Lapua pages and download free Quick Target Unlimited -sowfware.

Then, calculate reference drops with it and compare results to whatever G7 -based application you are using. After tweaking G7 BC a bit, you´ll find quite easily trajectory that matches QTU results. Thats your BC.
Edit: link to QTU
http://www.lapua.com/en/customer-center/lapua-ballistics/download-lapua-edition.html

Naturally, you can print drop tables directly from QTU too if you need only papers.
But if you want to stick with G7 for some reason, this is very accurate way to find it out. QTU uses bullet specific Cd -values measured with doppler radar. Results are about as accurate as it can get, atleast with civil softwares.

edit2
I use G7 mobile software. With QTU, I was able to find excact ballistic match for both 250gr Lockbase and 250gr Scenar.
with 250gr Scenar (or , I can use single G7 BC value up to 1400meters, beyond that I switch to alternative bullet profile with sligthly different BC to get again less that one click error from 1350m to 2000m. Same thing with 250 LB, although limit to alternative BC is 1100meters.
Easy to do, atleast with Android Shooter. Just pick differend profile when needed.

Lapua says:
<span style="font-style: italic">G7 BC for 300gr is 0.368.
"Ballistic coeffients are based on Doppler radar data and calculated by Quick Target Unlimited Lapua Edition from V0 to V100"</span>
Since its from 0 to 100meters, you might want to check it by yourself, for longer ranges.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When I just put in the .368 for G7 and no minimum velocity, it gives me an elevation correction of 3.2 mils for 3000 yards....pretty sure thats not right! </div></div>

Sorry missed that. totally wrong sight height?
Got similar error, was using millimeters instead of correct centimeters. Metric mode though.

I guess they never designed that QTU software to be used in imperial units, I cant get the trajectory table to display the drop in anything but cm, even though the range is in yards.

Guess I just need to spend some more time messing with the software.