- What is the platform for the scope? Bolt Action, Tikka, 300WSM
- What cartridge are you shooting? 300WSM
- What is your intended use for the scope? Hunting
- What type of conditions will you typically shoot in? Daylight, Lowlight
- What are the typical distances you intend to shoot? 100-600 yds
- Are there any specific specifications you would like? Illuminated, Lightweight
- What is the price range you can afford? $2000 or less
I'm trying to put a new scope on my 300WSM. This is going to be used for hunting purposes out to 500-600yds. Shots can be all the way down to sub 100yds as well. I keep coming back to the Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x50 in the Illuminated Fire Dot or TMOA reticle also looked at the Burris XTR iii in SCR Illuminated. Just wondering if there's a scope out there I'm missing on my short list before I pull the trigger on one. I've went back and fourth between SFP vs FFP. I want this to be as geared for practical hunting purposes and situations as possible. Any feedback or suggestions???