• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best place to purchase a Vortex scope?

galveston22

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2009
Texas
I am looking to buy a scope in the next week or two. I have decided to go with a Vortex Crossfire 4-16x50ao 30mm ill mil dot. I know some of you have your own websites so I wanted to give you the business first. I have looked at Liberty optics but the price is higher than the manufacturers webstore price.

Re: Best place to purchase a Vortex scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: galveston22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have looked at Liberty optics but the price is higher than the manufacturers webstore price.</div></div>

Have you CALLED or PM'd Liberty Optics? Manufacturers always have minimum advertised pricing that they (the dealers) are required to publish, I have a hard time believing that Scott can't beat their online pricing.

I can highly recommend these guys in no particular order.

Liberty Optics (Scott)
Cameralandny.com (Doug)
csgunworks.com (Mike)
bigrivertactical.com (Donnie)

All are sponsors here and I've bought from all of them, they won't disappoint you and will have the best prices you can find. Make sure you mention you're a SH.com member when you speak to them, they typically give better pricing.

Chris at Addax Tactical should be able to get what you need.

+1 for Scott at liberty optics

I bought my vortex from liberty optics. Definitely give Scott a call, Email, or PM him here for pricing
wink.gif

I just bought a Vortex scope from Scott. Ordered it on Sunday night and it arrived on Wednesday. Not bad from MT to PA. PM or email him and he will beat his list price and his price includes shipping.

Scott @ Liberty optics took care of me promptly and professionally. Would gladly do business with him again. He's got my vote.

mike russell

LibertyOptics gets all my optical business from now on. He has more than what is listed on the website.

I'll throw this out here because it needs to be said. While i hadn't planned on it, i ended up with three new vortexs at the same time. Two were crossfires, the other was a 3.05-10x50 diamondback.

One crossfire went back because the factory wasn't honest about the mil-dot size. The other went south after 55rds of stock .308. The diamondback is on a .243 with about a 100rds through it and working good, it also seems to me to be better glass than the crossfire.

I know everybody has had better luck with their crossfires, this simply needed to be said, hope your works great. blue

Guys,

Since I just got registered, this might be a good time to do a quick intro and also respond to bluealtered's post.

I work here at Vortex Optics in both product development and dealer support. Although my shooting background lies in the hunting world rather than military or LE, 20 years of hunting the mountains of Idaho as a pro guide for sheep & elk has given me tremendous experience in a variety of tough shooting conditions including high altitudes, very rough terrain, steep slopes and non-stop winds. As you can imagine also, lots of time behind binos & spotting scopes.

Although we're currently much more well known in the hunting world, we've been very hard at work behind the scenes on an extensive line of tactical optics, some of which (Razor FFP riflescopes) will surface later on this year. More unique stuff will appear not long after that.

From here on out (well, not when I'm off hunting !), I'll be trying to stay reasonably active on SH to help with product questions and concerns. We also look forward to supporting SH soon with some advertising.

Now to get to your concerns, bluealtered. In no way, shape or form would we deliberately try to be dishonest about something like a mil dot spec. There's just nothing for us to gain doing something like that. It is certainly possible that a mis-spec could be published - we do our best, but it does happen now & then. Please PM me and give me details - if there is an error we'll correct it ASAP. However, as far as I know, all published mil dot specs are accurate. Remember that these are SFP scopes, and as such, mil dot specs are only accurate at one magnification - 14X.
I'm also very sorry to hear that you had a Crossfire fail. These are entry level scopes (Diamondbacks are a step up, as you mention) and we do walk a bit of tightrope between providing a nice cost to you guys and still supplying a high quality product. I think by and large we've done a great job of this and if you do somehow manage to break one, no one in the industry does a better job of covering you under warranty. If anyone here ever has a problem with our service, let me know and I'll see to it you're taken care of.

Sincerely,

Paul Neess
Vortex Optics

Welcome aboard the Hide, Paul!!!

Hiders,

Paul is my account rep at Vortex. In my 6 years of business I haven't found a better company to work with from a dealer perspective, or from a customer service perpsective. Just great folks to work with, and Paul, as he stated, is an avid shooter and hunter. Paul has been a fantastic rep for Liberty Optics. If you read his post you can see what I hinted about, a great line of tactical stuff coming down the pike, because Vortex<span style="font-style: italic"> wants it</span>.

I second the notion that the factory wouldn't be misleading about the specs on the mildot. Vortex is straight up, and they have nothing to gain by not having their scopes subtend correctly at 14x. I'm sure manufacturing tolerances in a $200 scope might mean 13.9x or 14.1x from time to time, but this can happen with scopes costing much more.

Thanks for the recommendations, guys. We have been Vortex devotees from the beginning and it's good to see LO being recognized as a resource for these fine optics.

Scott