• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best return to zero Quick Release mounts

zink14

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2005
Wimberley, Texas
I haven't been in the Quick release market for a while, and when I did use them I never really took them off and replaced and tested. What is the benchmark in performance here? I am currently looking at SPHUR and a couple others any experience based input?

thanks

ZINK

Samson make excellent mounts and great return to zero. I have owned several. 1/2 cost of Spuhr. Of course Spuhr is excellent.

I have used a few Larue, A.R.M.S., Burris P.E.P.R., ADM.
The Larue i didnt have any issues with but i didnt like the direct contact of the camming mechanism against the rail and sold it since it would mar the rail and start showing wear through the coating.
The Burris i still have and like and havent seen any issues with return to zero.
The ADM is my second favorite and still have but the A.R.M.S. #22 throw lever rings i did the most switching and swapping around and for some dumb reason sold them becuase i wasnt using them at the time.
I think any quality set of scope rings would do even better when removed, replaced and properly torgued to specification, also having less parts and things to go wrong with them is a bonus.

The ERA-TAC qd is the only qd mount I’ve used that actually returned to zero. Not light or cheap,
But well made and it works. If you don’t need
QD, too many lighter weight options that mount a scope well without the added weight
Or cost. But if you need qd, and if you do, you would want it to return to zero, then get yourself a ERA-TAC. If there was something that worked better I would buy it.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Didn't like Larue, as mentioned above. Currently use Spuhr in my main rig. Have move they around a bunch, tested, and they work as advertised. Even had a co-witness drop on a second rifle and could swap between them.

Reactions: TwistedOneinSeven
Been using SPUHR for 4 years. Have lately been doing a lot of testing with it and could say that it will not change zero under any circumstances if you use threadlocker on the QD screws.

I noticed that after torquing, it slowly loosened during many (+15) installations and POI of 0.1mil showed up. The screw has now stopped loosening, so I am calmly waiting for the Vibra-Tite I ordered. I chose Vibra-Tite so it can be retorqued for another gun if ever needed.

Reactions: 7WSMShooter
I’ve had two Spuhr QD mounts. One on my ZCO I just traded, and one on my tangent theta. I haven’t shot my TT yet again on my AI after pulling it off, but with my QD mount on my ZCO, I had no shift in POI. I expect the same to be true on my TT.

I shot at 400 yds after having the barrel and scope off several times. Gentle breeze <5mph left to right that day. 2” group .1mil off center. I don’t think I’d buy a different mounting system, especially with RTZ like that

Last edited:
Reactions: Near miss
Mounts like QR version of ERA tac are so heavy (250-380g)
might as well carry T-wrench and fix-it sticks
(eg, NF UL rings are ~100g)

I’ve had great experiences with Bobro. And Andrew Bobro is the real deal and he is accessible. Once I swapped out a Leupold Vx6 about 10 times in one day. Return to zero was 1/2 MOA every time all day. It was a JP stick.