• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BHTC UKD CHALLENGE 6/9/12, LEWISTOWN PA

fargo007

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2007
Bucks County, PA
www.bhtcorps.com
Online registration is required. After the roster is full, payment instructions will be sent out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDI2VDBseWNlWUROZjNhRWJFNUt1OFE6MQ

Details:

The BHTC UKD Challenge is a long range precision rifle match in which range estimation, marksmanship, and problem-solving skills are all combined to test the shooter. It is an UNKNOWN DISTANCE match. No laser rangefinders are permitted. One seen in your hands at any time is a DQ. Target height and width are provided<span style="font-weight: bold"> one time</span>, at the commencement of the match.

The scoring model is friendly to beginners, as well as rewarding the rifle-ninja for a superior performance, and keeping the scores tight at the top. You get big points for the hit, and bonus points for rounds unfired. Beginners should not hesitate to try this match.

Distances are from muzzle to 1025Y. Because of the nature of the firing positions, the short harris bipod is strongly discouraged.

Targets will include paper, reactive polymer and steel.

Expect some things that have never been done before.

Match fee is $75.00.

There is a prize table with a grand prize of an AR upper and lower from Defiance Machines. Vortex optics is putting up a 15x50 Recon spotting scope as well, so there is lots of good stuff.

Bunking at the clubhouse (byo cot & bag) are $10. The club also serves breakfast and lunch for $7.50 per meal. It is excellent home-cooked food. The firing line is covered/shaded in most cases.

--Fargo007

Re: BHTC UKD CHALLENGE 6/9/12, LEWISTOWN PA

"Got the swag, kept the money, job well done!"

Count me in mate!

This is a real good time, and the ladies do a great job making sure we're fed.

Never mind... Found what I was looking for....
wink.gif

Round Count 70 as of now....
wink.gif

Looking forward to it!

Should be a good time! I will be there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike4045</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should be a good time! I will be there! </div></div>

Mike, you're a Road Warrior !!

Sam, I will try to remember the Splenda this time!

I signed up, but I am not sure how to pay? I think I missed something on the link???

You will receive an email from Fargo with payment and match instructions. I think he waits till the roster is full so that he only has to send one group email rather than 40 individual ones as we all register.

Great, I didnt want to miss something. See you guys there, looking forward to it.

I would like to make it Freddy but with my birthday party the night before it makes travel tough. Sorry.

Freddy:
What time do we need to be there on Saturday? no swiss seat this time?

No problem Rob. Catch you next time. Tony is gonna represent.

Briefing starts at 0830. Arrive at 0800 if you are having breakfast at the club.

A reporting instructions email has been sent to all shooters on the roster. If you registered and did NOT receive this email, I need to hear from you ASAP.

We got better stuff than the swiss seat coming. You guys are in for some trub.

--Fargo007

Match is full at this time. The registration app is no longer accepting responses.

If you want to get on as an alternate, please PM me.

--Fargo007

Thank you everyone who put so much work into this match for us...

Congrats to NOMAD on taking first place...

Also, thanks you to Wells Custom Gunmakers for the "Free Tax Stamp Cert" toward a new suppressor...

Big thanks to BHT and the crew as always you gave us a fun, challenging, and exciting match to test our gear and equipment.

As always the club is so good to all us shooters. We cant thank you enough for allowing us to come and play.

It was great to see some old friends as well as meet some new shooters.

Congrats to all the shooters for coming out challenging yourself.

Congrats to HUGO the guy shot his ass off!!! It was a pleasure hanging out with him and shooting with him yesterday. The guy is creeping up on all of us keep your eye on him. I have a feeling you will be seeing him at the top of the rankings more often!!

Look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Tony

Thanks to BHTC and all the others who put this event together, I really enjoyed it despite missing a number of shots I should have been able to hit and not being able to see some of targets.

It was a nice challenge and a whole level up from other shorter range comps I've been to.

And to whom do I offer thanks for the drawing prize?

I rode home with a wicked nice and pricey spotting scope from vortex - I will definitely able to use it.

Thanks again!

Thanks Mike and Josh it was a great match. I had fun and it was the first time I won anything. Now to put together a nice AR with that Defiance Z15 set.
grin.gif

Hank

Thanks to BHTC and MCSA for running/hosting the match. BHTC runs a great match, and MCSA could not provide more hospitality. Where else can you get a home cooked breakfast and lunch. And that banana cake for lunch... mmm.....

Contrats to Tony and Hugo for some good shooting. It was a pleasure watching each of you shoot, and Tony keeps things interesting.

It was a great day and I'm looking forward to the next one!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for coming, I had a lot of fun and thought that the match ran really well. Freddy's CoF had a bunch of little tricks in it, and it was pretty neat to see how various shooters approached the stages that I was helping with.

Below are the finalized results. I'm sure that Freddy will get the detailed scores out to shooters soon.

Til then, here's what I have from yesterday.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Shooter Total Finish</span>
Tony Gimelli 730 1
Hugo Herold 680 2
Mike Eddy 575 3
Dennis Ahel 535 4
Ray Walsh 510 5
Jane Rosasco 505 6
Aaron Hipp 470 7
Mike Pohuski 470 8
Mini Miller 445 9
Jeff Wong 410 10
Steve Mack 395 11
Steve Bechtel 380 12
David Brocca 365 13
Sam Miller 355 14
Jeremy Jones 340 15
Scott Victor 335 16
Mike Heriot 330 17
Thomas Scharf 280 18
Jim Rosasco 245 19
Shawn O'Connell 220 20
Greg Banta 185 21
Mike Witek 160 22
Chad Beitler 145 23
Robert Hankins 140 24

Congratulations to Tony, Hugo, Mike Dennis and Ray!

Thank you to all of the match sponsors including:

Defiance Machine
Impact Data Books
Long Range Accuracy Bipods
Short Action Customs
Vortex Optics
Wells Custom Gunmakers

The full score sheet is up!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?...amp;output=html

Thank you to everyone who came out and shot, and special congrats to Tony for his SECOND victory of the UKD challenge. Will anyone be able to stop him!!!!

Let us know what your favorite stages were. We had a lot of new things going on this time.

--Fargo007

USMC was a favor of mine... Hard on the neck, but challenging....
wink.gif

What diabolical challenges will there be for the fall UKD?

This was my first trip to shoot with the blackhat crew and I'll certainly be back. Fun stages, good facility, and a well run match with very little down time. What else could you ask for??? Lunch and cake? Yup!

The USS Blackhat stage was one of my favorite stages, but I liked the UKD format in general.

Thanks to everyone involved in running this match!

Hugo,

Nice shooting bro. BIG numbers up there where many had none.

Now, do you honestly think I am going to run out of ideas?

I've already started working on that CoF.

I shot that USMC stage a couple times during our 2 day course, and I really enjoyed it too.

It really boils it down - It is 100% pure UKD shooting skill with no icing, and no fork, knife, plate, or napkin. I felt it belonged in the match because I favor the approach of going back to the basics.

17/24 goose-egged on their cold bores - What was going on out there? People going for the big bucks out long? I see Jane hit a 1000Y CBS. That must have been awesome for her. Go G.I. Jane!

I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there guys. It really sounds like a good time was had by all and the remarks I received privately indicate the staff did a great job.

--Fargo007

Another great match!! Thanks to all who put the hard work and effort into making these matches challenging and fun. Thanks also to all the sponsors who donate to the prize table.

Mike,

Nice job. It felt good getting back on the stick since I got injured last Sept. Nice to shoot a match that ran as smooth as this was. I hope to see you there again.

Ray

I had a great time! This was my first match ever and I learned allot. I was pretty happy with where I placed all things considered.

The swinging picnic table was quite a bit of fun.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">So what were the actual or approximate distances?</span>???</span>...I thought for sure some one would post them by now.

I never could hit Juliet.

Especially enjoyed the USMC stage, HMS Blackhat, the SBU, and the other right side stages with the steels partially behind cover. To surpass that you'll have to rent a helo or a camera dolly and tracks for us to do some serious negative lead work.

Never thought before I arrived I'd be shooting 2/3 of the match with my sights at 500+1 and 600+2, but it was still enjoyable despite having to sit out the cards and paintball stages.

We just need some full or nearly full size steel at 600 and also full size movers for <span style="text-decoration: underline">carbines</span> at 600 in New Holland now....

What's a full size mover?
wink.gif

When a target turns sideways, it appears thinner, unless we're shooting at an obese person. LOL

I was told the distances but I don't remember.

--Fargo007

I had a PM into Josh for the distances but I guess he couldn't find his sheet. I wanted to check my calculated distances against the known distance to see how well I did.

I was also wondering the distances myslef.

Sorry guys, it completely fell off my radar.

From memory though, The ones out in "No Man's land" were 710, 765, 810, 905

I think that Juliet was the 900yd target. Work has been really crazy for the last month, I need to go dig out my sheet, I do still have it.

A-200
B-300
C-570
D-525
E-475
F-725
G-735
H-760
I-800
J-840
K-900
L-1025

To see those numbers in print really makes me feel better about my hits - and don't feel bad about missing Juliet, I was probably going subsonic by that distance.

I remember hitting Hotel - $#@! yeah, 700 + yards!

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">And to BHTC: I really appreciate NOT using the 1 shot only format , getting two more chances at targets really adds to the experience and helps to actually learn - especially for a newbie.</span></span>