• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Biden Administration Launches Investigation into Broken McDonald’s Ice Cream Machines

While on the surface it seems funny and stupid. Deep down it's becoming more in tune with the Right to Repair movement.

There's good reason to get Right to Repair laws passed at all levels in our society, not to mention if it means the ice cream machine gets fixed it's a win/win.

It looks and reads like ..
the MicyD's Corp. have bought machines with a service contract that requires all machines be repaired/maintenance by Taylor Commercial Foodservice LLC , or a License Rep. of Taylor food .

I personally don't see the problem ??? If you don't want the service , Don't buy the machines and service contract package from a Co. that owns and holds propitiatory right/licensing of that machine .

Reactions: tomcatmv
the MicyD's Corp. have bought machines with a service contract that requires all machines be repaired/maintenance by Taylor Commercial Foodservice LLC , or a License Rep. of Taylor food .

I personally don't see the problem ??? If you don't want the service , Don't buy the machines and service contract package from a Co. that owns and holds propitiatory right/licensing of that machine .
So it's not actually that the employees are too lazy to bother making you something, at least when you get drive-thru?

'Cause that's definitely how it was at Steak n Shake where I went to college. Go to the window, machine is down. Pull around and go inside and it's a bleedin' miracle, they'll suddenly make you a shake.

So it's not actually that the employees are too lazy to bother making you something, at least when you get drive-thru?

'Cause that's definitely how it was at Steak n Shake where I went to college. Go to the window, machine is down. Pull around and go inside and it's a bleedin' miracle, they'll suddenly make you a shake.
it's Not Ice Cream .. it's legally represented as ' soft serve ' .

It’s dog vomit and they shouldn’t be allowed to sell it

I had a meeting with the Taylor guys a couple years ago and they explained the problem to me. If I remember correctly, the machines require a take down and cleaning every day or every other day. This is something like a 2 hour process. The McDonald's employees, as brilliant as they are, do not do this and instead run the machines to failure requiring Taylor people to come fix them every couple weeks. So basically the machine will be out of service for as many days as it takes a company guy to add that location to his schedule and get it done. The 24 hour locations are more likely to have this issue for obvious reasons.

Of course none of this requires the involvement of the big guy. If he cant lure kids to his hairy legs with ice cream perhaps he can try happy meals.

Last edited:
Actually tremendously interesting topic to me, and this is a really good article about the issues behind it all. If we're going to have an FTC this sounds like the kind of thing they should have investigated a couple years ago

I read up on these on an autistic click hole binge. After about 3.5 minutes of research, I came to the overwhelming conclusion that it’s literally lazy employees who don’t like to properly clean them. So the Dindoos just say it’s broken.

can I apply for a 6.5 million dollar grant to tell them it’s lazy ass retards?

I read up on these on an autistic click hole binge. After about 3.5 minutes of research, I came to the overwhelming conclusion that it’s literally lazy employees who don’t like to properly clean them. So the Dindoos just say it’s broken.

Watch the video and then tell me what you think.

Reading the wired article under my previous post I see they have a picture showing the parts needing to be cleaned and a Dickmonald's manager stating it needs to be done every two weeks. From my conversation with Taylor, if not done daily/every other day (depending on hours of operation) they will fail in about 2 weeks. I would guess this manager has figured out they can do it every two weeks and it wont shit out for their location.

Reactions: Bender
I had a meeting with the Taylor guys a couple years ago and they explained the problem to me. If I remember correctly, the machines require a take down and cleaning every day or every other day. This is something like a 2 hour process. The McDonald's employees, as brilliant as they are, do not do this and instead run the machines to failure requiring Taylor people to come fix them every couple weeks. So basically the machine will be out of service for as many days as it takes a company guy to add that location to his schedule and get it done. The 24 hour locations are more likely to have this issue for obvious reasons.

Of course none of this requires the involvement of the big guy. If he cant lure kids to his hairy legs with ice cream perhaps he can try happy meals.
Believing Taylor is about the same as believing Fauci.

While on the surface it seems funny and stupid. Deep down it's becoming more in tune with the Right to Repair movement.

There's good reason to get Right to Repair laws passed at all levels in our society, not to mention if it means the ice cream machine gets fixed it's a win/win.
Yep, same as the John Deere problem. They passed right to repair laws decades ago for Automobiles.

Reading the wired article under my previous post I see they have a picture showing the parts needing to be cleaned and a Dickmonald's manager stating it needs to be done every two weeks. From my conversation with Taylor, if not done daily/every other day (depending on hours of operation) they will fail in about 2 weeks. I would guess this manager has figured out they can do it every two weeks and it wont shit out for their location.
Funny that other "restaurants " use Taylor Equipment but don't suffer the same issues.

Not funny or strange at all. Clean them as directed and the problems go away.
So you are saying that only McDonald's has lazy employees.

Follow the money.

You must work for Taylor. I know a franchisee who has a crew dedicated to go from store to store cleaning machines and his are still down a good percentage of the time.

The employees deal with angry customers, the franchisees loose a lot of money. McDonald's made a deal with the devil.

Reactions: shoobe01
So you are saying that only McDonald's has lazy employees.

Follow the money.

You must work for Taylor. I know a franchisee who has a crew dedicated to go from store to store cleaning machines and his are still down a good percentage of the time.

The employees deal with angry customers, the franchisees loose a lot of money. McDonald's made a deal with the devil.
I do not work for Taylor. They had there ME's and some upper management come to the company I previously worked for to see if we could help them increase their throughput by showing them our operation. I'm not really interested in continuing in this conversation. I only engaged to pass along what I knew and use it as an excuse to call Biden a piece of shit.

Right to repair and the lack there of affects me daily in my profession.
I think there are a number of reasons companies restrict tecnical ability and parts, not the least is trying to protect their image of quality to the end consumer. The problem comes when the consumer has only one option to get a product serviced or repaired and must pay whatever price the manufacturer demands. They then take it somewhere that says they can do the job. Maybe they can, maybe they cant. Yes, they could not buy said product but the manufacturer could ensure there are qualified service centres that could service the product and have access to parts. Testing equipment could be much like the automotive industry, The after market has various levels of sophistication with thier testing equipment and the softwear is not top secret agent shit. Yet cars are still relatively more reliable and safer than they ever have been before. Thats competition for ya. This would ensure the human race could get even fatter and spend more money for type 2 diabetus treatment because they could get their dam soft serve because the machine would work.

Actually tremendously interesting topic to me, and this is a really good article about the issues behind it all. If we're going to have an FTC this sounds like the kind of thing they should have investigated a couple years ago

Excellent read… yeah, now I get the FTC interest.

thanks for posting

Sirhr

My uncle used to own 5-10 McD’s and he said don’t ever get the ice cream. The machines never get cleaned and they’re disgusting.

I kinda think it’s as simple as lazy employees along with lazy management. They don’t feel like they get paid enough. Fuck it …it’s broke.

Smart business practices recurring revenue in a capitalist society. They all signed a contract to abide by it. Render unto Caesar , its a tax deal with it.

I worked at a McD's when I was a kid. I remember the store had 2 soft serve machines. We would clean one or the other each day so that each machine would run no longer than 1.5-2 days between cleanings. The management team was pretty strict about this and trained a few of us on how how to do the cleaning as well as inspecting the machines during the cleaning process. The machines, like any machines, would breakdown. But breakdowns were few and far between.

Ah "right to repair".....nothing like more govt intrusion Into the free market......

Not funny or strange at all. Clean them as directed and the problems go away.
Smart business practices recurring revenue in a capitalist society. They all signed a contract to abide by it. Render unto Caesar , its a tax deal with it.
I worked at a McD's when I was a kid. I remember the store had 2 soft serve machines. We would clean one or the other each day so that each machine would run no longer than 1.5-2 days between cleanings. The management team was pretty strict about this and trained a few of us on how how to do the cleaning as well as inspecting the machines during the cleaning process. The machines, like any machines, would breakdown. But breakdowns were few and far between.
Wait... so you are telling me, if people don't do basic maintenance... shit breaks. Besides can I get a #3 large with a coke... how much of a conversation have you had with a modern day Mcdonalds employee? Most really are not very capable people, they don't own or maintain much of anything.

Life hack, when you eat at a fast food joint check the nozzles on the soda machine. If they are clean you might be good as someone actual took the time to clean them, if they are covered in mold and mildew find another place to eat.

Reactions: kmckinnon

So, is Hunter crackhead Biden gonna “appear” as CEO of Taylor Commercial LLC?

• Haha
Reactions: candyx
I guess I see it the other way. "Right to repair" opens up the free market.
It's might "open up" the market.....but if you have govts forcing companies to run in certain ways....ide hardly call that "free"

Its funny to watch these parents attack mcdonalds employees through the drive thru windows over ice cream. They should be given MicMachetes to lop off the arms of these people so they can tell them Now take your one arm dumb ass over to Dairy Queen.

• Haha
Reactions: Jscb1b
It's might "open up" the market.....but if you have govts forcing companies to run in certain ways....ide hardly call that "free"

Actually it's the government fixing a government run problem.

The vile companies that want to lock you into losing your crops and livelihood because their lazy techs can't be assed to get to your farm to type in a code before the rain comes, are using GOVERNMENT GUNS to enforce their evil ways.

They only get away with it because corporations bribe the government to provide free enforcement of their vile evil ways at YOUR expense.

I'm always surprised how many "good" folks are all totally guzzling down the "greed is good, corporations are god, whatever the rich say well they have a right to do because.. money" line of B.S. propaganda that the Elites pay to have shoveled to the masses to make them feel they should be grateful to be slaves. Then those "good" folks seem to wonder why they wake up in a dystopian nightmare?

Same thing with loans and contracts cleverly crafted to trap you. Stupid "good" folks blather on about "well tough luck you weren't smarter than a team of hundreds of lawyers who figured out how to trick and entrap you... well they own you now as a slave so you should just be happy and be a slave."

I like to go back to the ancient laws that were laid down by decent deities that had very strict rules on putting limits to what evil humans could get up to with power and money, because evil is always better at "lawyering" than the good and always better at getting money and power than the good. So if you make "the law" and "money and contracts" your gods instead of worshiping what is actually Godly, Just, True and Fair, well you will wake up in a nightmare world.

Happens every time and then eventually the only way out is wholesale bloodshed and violence to reset things back to where the common folks have a chance.

Corporations and those that use money and power to get what they want, NEED to be held in strict check to make sure they do not destroy society to make themselves a bit richer.

Reactions: Holliday
was typing out a long response but decided not to.

buying a product is not the equivalent of entering a life long service agreement with the manufacturer. With several products that’s how it is now. If you don’t play along you end up in the government court and you lose.

was typing out a long response but decided not to.

buying a product is not the equivalent of entering a life long service agreement with the manufacturer. With several products that’s how it is now. If you don’t play along you end up in the government court and you lose.
If you don't like the terms of buying a product.....don't buy the product.

Free market at work

Don't go crying to the govt about "fairness"

If you don't like the terms of buying a product.....don't buy the product.

Free market at work

Except when they use their monopoly power to make it so you can't buy anything like that unless it's from them...
Oh and then they claim they can change the rules any tough luck, if you don't like it you can just toss your hard earned money away...

Again... the free market is practically a myth these days in our mega globo corp controlled world and is very soon about to be extinct.

Except when they use their monopoly power to make it so you can't buy anything like that unless it's from them...
Oh and then they claim they can change the rules any tough luck, if you don't like it you can just toss your hard earned money away...

Again... the free market is practically a myth these days in our mega globo corp controlled world and is very soon about to be extinct.

Monopoly....when you get so good at capitalism that even so called capitalist's hate you for it...

...You're right, ide much prefer if the govt made things "fair" and "equal" for us all...

It's funny, everyone is free market, anti Communism, limited govt......until things become the least bit inconvenient for them.....

...then they run to the govt for help....

Its funny to watch these parents attack mcdonalds employees through the drive thru windows over ice cream. They should be given MicMachetes to lop off the arms of these people so they can tell them Now take your one arm dumb ass over to Dairy Queen.
Last time is stepped foot in a McDonalds, I decorated the inside of the building with the order they got wrong 4 times in a row. Not missing much by never eating there again.

Monopoly....when you get so good at capitalism that even so called capitalist's hate you for it...

...You're right, ide much prefer if the govt made things "fair" and "equal" for us all...

I guess you love living as a serf to your corporate overlords then. I can't help you with that because I refuse to play serf to them.

When corporations can get away with things that would send the small business owner to jail and at the very most have to pay back a small portion of their ill gotten gains, but more likely just have to make "additional investments in the local area", YES that IS evil and that is how you get a monopoly and use your power and money to make sure nobody can compete with you can squeeze everybody for whatever you can. Yes I do want the government to apply laws fairly and equally or get the hell out of the way.

When they can simply ignore laws, contracts and justice and screw over anybody they wish and then once they have won, chalk anything up to "the cost of doing business" anybody who wants to say that's right but somehow the little guys need to obey the law or be harshly punished is beyond being reasoned with.

Pick any of these big corporations you so love, go over their criminal and government regulation histories and fines and things they bribed and paid they way out of and ask if your local small independent store owner did any of those things, would they still be in business or even not in jail? When they can bribe judges and politicians to twist the law and constitution to let them steal and rob property at gunpoint (paid for by the taxpayers) to increase their profits, I'd say we can pretty much count the law having any right to be respected as a dead idea.

Discussions like these are why I am firmly resolute in knowing that this world is beyond saving and there is no point trying to help save it because of the short term stupidity of humans. It's why I understand the only thing to do is get out of the way and let people get to the dystopian nightmare they so beg for as soon as possible and hope one day like most enslavement systems it eventually crumbles and falls to the barbarians and out of the chaos, hopefully some people will be able to start over again and maybe try not to let things get that bad quite as quickly.

I kinda think it’s as simple as lazy employees along with lazy management. They don’t feel like they get paid enough. Fuck it …it’s broke.
Back in July my wife and I went away for her birthday to a town 3 hours from me. Walking past the McDonald's there, they had a sign on the window saying that they were hiring 15.00 for crew members and 16.00 for managers....who the hell would want to deal with all the headaches for a dollar more an hour.....🙄🙄🙄🙄

Doc