• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BIG ONE .408CT

Re: BIG ONE .408CT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAS_Sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.armeriacamuna.it/pdf/prova_armimag_408/prova_armimag408.pdf

this is the italian rifle in 408 ct ... very great rifle!! i have shoot a pair of times and is very precise and strong!! Here in italy, 408 is a few used caliber... we have few long range location where use this caliber... but is very very great..i'm lovin it!

Do you Know Big One before today??? </div></div>
First of all the photo below is from the movie 'Shooter' Second it was made here in Idaho at the Cheytac office. These guns are fast and hard hitting. Go to there shooting school and they will have you hitting targets over 2500 meters within a few rounds. Give it try and you will love it! Never heard of the gun in the web link but looks pretty good.

The taf photo is indeed from the movie, but the link goes to an article about a BAT actioned rifle that looks nice. Can't read Italian so I can't tell where the rifle in the article was actually made, although the additional engraving on the receiver seems to be in english too.

BAT makes a nice action, but they sure opened up the bolt face.

i ve translate for you..

BIG ONE: “our little bazooka”; the main features of this very very long range rifle are scaled up in accordance to “big boomer” calibers used here in, all derived from 408 CHEY-TAC® case.
For this project we use two Bat Machine products: a 10” (length) x 1.750” (diameter) octagonal action or a (slightly) smaller 8,5 “ (length) x1.55” (diameter) one (see reviews). The barrel is a stainless Krieger “single cut rifled” with a detachable 3 expansion chambers muzzle brake. As stock we suggest a McMillan BigMac, Tooley MBR or a Tactical A5 one and we “lock and load” this massive barrelled action by three huge aluminium pillars + glass bedding. A Jewell BR or HVR trigger is “de rigueur” on this beauty! The available calibers for the BIGONE are: 408 CHEY-TAC®, 375 CHEY-TAC® and 338/408. The price of a BIG ONE rifle is approx. € 6.300,00 (20% Italian V.A.T. included).

I know where the link goes and made the comment I have not heard of the other gun (BIG ONE) IN THE WEB LINK. It looks nice, Fluted Bolt and everything. I have only shot the M-200 408 Chetac but this one looks nice also. Sorry for any confusion!

wink.gif

have them send one over and Ill test it.

I wonder how much it would cost to import to US ?

While I agree it is a very sharp rifle. Why would you pay to import one when you could have the same rifle built here in the states? From what I saw quickly looking over the specs and pics all of the parts are made in the US.

yes.. and you are lucky because in USA is a caliber more diffusing that italy and europe(also the 50 bmg) and you can find a great rifle a low price!!! In USA, you can buy chey M200??? i love this rifle...

Hi,
as a matter of fact I consider to buy BigOne in .408CT. Unfortunately the company hasn’t sent me a quote yet. I would be grateful to know more about quality of their rifles and about the company itself (if the company is reliable and customer-friendly). My experience with CT is restricted to the M200 and LER. I agree that .408 is a great caliber!

By the way, I also look for information about Heinrich Fortmeier gun Modell 2002 made in Germany. Anyone shooting it?

Best regards,

Jurek

the armeria Camuna is very professional, i have changed the original barrell of my rifle with a Krieger.. the guys of the Camuna have maka a good work on assembly and calibration
laugh.gif

Our regulations (Pl) require that for sport use the biggest caliber is .45 and no restrictions for hunting :)
So in principle .408 may be a sport item and .50BMG a hunting one.
Of course it is not all that easy to get the license, but when you have it the situation is not so bad.

in Italy the maximum is big one (408) ... no other rifle in 408 are cataloged...
frown.gif

I want the m200 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well,
M200 is great, but LER is lighter and more handy. If you must walk with it for a while you appreciate it.
Jurek

There are very very few rifles chambered in 408 Chey Tac in Italy , just 2 or 3 IMHO , and very very few shooters that have the right knowledge to be able to shot it , also there are no more than 1 or 2 ranges with shooting lines to 2.500 meters available to civvies , so the diffusion of this caliber and the rifles chambered for it 'll be very very limited .

Stated that a couple of my mates and me are some of those few shooters that can be interested in purchasing one of those SWSs chambered in 408 CT or 460 Steyr , and stated that the only way to get one is ordering it custom build from one custom armory because no M200 or similar is imported over here , we sure 'll prefer something more tactical than that BIG ONE , we 'll probably get one SWS with detachable / folding stock ( like the McM TAC-50 stock ) & detachable ammo magazine , just thinking about that in these days .

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are very very few rifles chambered in 408 Chey Tac in Italy , just 2 or 3 IMHO , and very very few shooters that have the right knowledge to be able to shot it , also there are no more than <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 17pt">1 or 2 ranges with shooting lines to 2.500 meters</span> </span>available to civvies , so the diffusion of this caliber and the rifles chambered for it 'll be very very limited .

Stated that a couple of my mates and me are some of those few shooters that can be interested in purchasing one of those SWSs chambered in 408 CT or 460 Steyr , and stated that the only way to get one is ordering it custom build from one custom armory because no M200 or similar is imported over here , we sure 'll prefer something more tactical than that BIG ONE , we 'll probably get one SWS with detachable / folding stock ( like the McM TAC-50 stock ) & detachable ammo magazine , just thinking about that in these days .</div></div>

PP,where are these shooting lines to 2.500 mt???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: n2rockets</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are you guys getting equipment to reload .408? </div></div>

Dies: Lawton or CH4D
Brass: Jamison International
Bullets: Jamison or Lehigh

Dies: Lawton, bullets: Rocky Mountain 420 grain jacketed, brass: VRI I believe made by Bertram for VRI, powder: Reloader 25, primers: Fed magnum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAS_Sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
PP,where are these shooting lines to 2.500 mt???</div></div>

I'm sorry , the only one shooting range with 2.500 meters shooting lines that I know is available only to a small and selected group of civvies , unfortunately I'm not authorized to share this info .

PP out

Hi,
I have visited Grande Armeria Camuna and the company looked very professional for me. Now I am waiting for the delivery of the BIIIIIG ONE in .408CT. I am looking for contact with owners of .408CT rifles to exchange information. I will probably make measurements with Doppler radar of MSG bullets made by Lutz Moeller. In fact I have already made some tests but using radar that was not built for rifle bullets but for artillery shells. It was possible to trace small bullets only to 150- 200 m.
Jurek