• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

++Bighorn TL3 Builds++

Not if you want the controlled round feed.
Well he said at range barrel swaps. So AI or Zeus are set screw based.

Other than that you need a vice or a switchlug unless you wanna try a barloc and then your options are basically endless. Even CRF has what 4 options then?

To clarify. I shoot bighorns and will add Terminus to the stable but not a set screw Zeus

Was gonna wait to share until I got better pics but what the hell. Used to be in a Grayboe Terrain and had an XTR II. Traded the XTR II for this Manners T4A that was originally tan and cut for a Surgeon. Sent it back to Manners for a paint job and re-inlet for my SR3. Could not possibly be happier with this Manners and the company in general. Also upgraded to a Razor AMG EBR-7. Rifle has a Proof CF Savage Pre Fit chambered in 7 Rem Mag. After about a year of building it and changing things around, I’m absolutely in love with it.

Attachments

• 11E2D4A0-2D65-49EC-A6AC-DD1FBF9DF5A2.jpeg
    11E2D4A0-2D65-49EC-A6AC-DD1FBF9DF5A2.jpeg
    416.4 KB · Views: 296
Just got a Brownells email announcing they now carry Bighorn products. Origin, TL3 and bolt heads.

If their coupons work with these, will be the best deal around..

As of last week some 10% coupons I tried worked but other coupons did not. But that applied to all of the actions they carried, not just bighorn.
You dont get to chose the handle though, its the default tactical knob.

As of last week some 10% coupons I tried worked but other coupons did not. But that applied to all of the actions they carried, not just bighorn.
You dont get to chose the handle though, its the default tactical knob.

I never worry about the knob. Bighorn
has always swapped out whatever I had for whatever knob I wanted by sending back my new knob. I prefer and have helical Diamond knobs on my 4 Bighorns

Reactions: Boogieman84
Gents need some input, I would like to run a switch barrel set up (25 saum/7-300 prc) so I need a long action. My concern is that a short round like the shirt magnum may not feed properly in the long action....any experience gents?

^^^thanks for the response.

how about the thick tang option on the tl3 is the extra thickness needed to support heavy varmint contours and heavier or does the medium tang offer all the benefits needed without the inletting problems?

how about the thick tang option on the tl3 is the extra thickness needed to support heavy varmint contours

I don't think you necessarily need a heavy tang. Most of my match barrels are MTU or Heavy Varmint, and I even have a 30" Heavy Varmint 7 SAUM barrel, run them all on a medium tang action with free floated barrels.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
^^^thanks for the response.

how about the thick tang option on the tl3 is the extra thickness needed to support heavy varmint contours and heavier or does the medium tang offer all the benefits needed without the inletting problems?
I had contacted Ray from Bighorn Arms in regards to that with a specific question to the M24 contour and a medium tang and I was informed that all their actions will have no problem accommodating that barrel. In the meantime I have seen plenty of heavy varmint, and MTU barrels on medium tangs and have not heard one of the owners state anything that would lead me to believe that there was a problem. Don't know about the new Competition contour but there is nothing that a quick e-mail to Bighorn Arms would not clear up, and I do mean quick, besides KRG, and TriggerTech, Bighorn Arms has one of the fastet customer response times in the industry.

I had contacted Ray from Bighorn Arms in regards to that with a specific question to the M24 contour and a medium tang and I was informed that all their actions will have no problem accommodating that barrel. In the meantime I have seen plenty of heavy varmint, and and MTU barrels on medium tangs and have not heard one of the owners state anything that would lead me to believe that there was a problem. Don't know about the new Competition contour but there is nothing that a quick e-mail to Bighorn Arms would not clear up, and I do mean quick, besides KRG, and TriggerTechm, Bighorn Arms has one of the fastet customer response times in the industry.
Most of our team members are running competition contour barrels with medium tangs and they have not run into problems. We feel confident that the medium tang will work across the board with whatever you hang on the end of it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! It's a goal of ours to stay on top of our customers questions.

Please never hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help with any question or situation you've got. Thanks! - Ray

Most of our team members are running competition contour barrels with medium tangs and they have not run into problems. We feel confident that the medium tang will work across the board with whatever you hang on the end of it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! It's a goal of ours to stay on top of our customers questions.

Please never hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help with any question or situation you've got. Thanks! - Ray
You see what I mean? Love these guys and their products!

I love this thing, I've had 4 other 308 rifles this shoots and feels the best out of all of them. This is also the best and most consistent I've ever shot. The target has 8 groups of lapua 5 times fired brass, 4064 varying from 42.3-44.1, br2 primers and 175 smk at 2.800 oal. All except for bottom left is 5 shot groups and no more than 5/8" most hovering at 1/2". I'm going to go up in charge weight to 45.6 unless I see pressure signs, but so far this rifle has been rock solid.

PVA Tl3
24" m24 button barrel
Jet blast brake
Timney Calvin Elite
Xlr envy with bag rider

Attachments

• 20191129_100725.jpg
    20191129_100725.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 20191029_173726.jpg
    20191029_173726.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 154
Either Northland Shooters Supply, or Altus Shooting Solutions, if they don't have one you can try Mile High Shooting or order from Bighorn Arms. The heavy tang is something dealers rarely stock because of the lesser level of demand. Trim and medium are readily available.

What’s everyone running for 10rd mags in their AW Cut TL3’s? Specifically speaking of 6 Creedmoor since I just acquired a PVA pre fit barrel from a Hide member.

I’ve been running AI AW Mags with my 22-250 AI Barrel with great success. But was thinking of running a different mag for the 6 Creed. Also don’t like how the base plates are welded on my AW’s. Makes it harder to clean them. Was thinking MDT’s or ARC’s. Something center feed/double stackish.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks all.

I am looking at buying a TL3 here soon, what is everyone’s preference for the magazine cut? The AW cut or AICS cut?

I'm the same as @reubenski my TL3 is AW cut, but I don't use AW mags. I've always used AI mags with the spacer kits for my 6 Dasher

I have 3 TL3's and run Area419 extensions on 2 ARC mags with 100% problem free feeding with 6.5x47L and 2 10rd AICS with PVA BR kits and mag extensions for 100% 6BR feeding.

I have 3 TL3's and run Area419 extensions on 2 ARC mags with 100% problem free feeding with 6.5x47L and 2 10rd AICS with PVA BR kits and mag extensions for 100% 6BR feeding.

Do you think it is worth getting the AW cut or just get the AICS cut since it seems like that style magazine is the way to go?

Both of mine are AW cut, and I've had too many issues with the AW mags so I just use AICS style mags. What I'm wondering is, are the AICS cut actions more resistant to bolt/mag interference when there is pressure on the mag? I'm curious if not having the larger cut for AW helps them stay put better? I'm not sure though, never used one with the AICS cut.

Both of mine are AW cut, and I've had too many issues with the AW mags so I just use AICS style mags. What I'm wondering is, are the AICS cut actions more resistant to bolt/mag interference when there is pressure on the mag? I'm curious if not having the larger cut for AW helps them stay put better? I'm not sure though, never used one with the AICS cut.

I purchased mine relatively early and it does not have the AW cut. I have put pressure on the bottom of the mag and have not induced any malfunctions. I have tried this with one factory AI mags 10 rounder and one 5 rounder, as well as, two Accurate 10 rounders. I am actually super mindful of this issue because of those damn rooftop stages...sometimes I don't get the bipod high enough.

In this case, it would be a lot of filing!
You can also put the bolt in a vice or lock jaw pliers, and then use a hacksaw to cut it down. I've done this a time or two and its really easy. Ideally you'd want to have a nut as well. Thread the nut on toward the head and then after the bolt has been cut take the nut off and it helps clean up the threads.

Did the screws that came with the ACC work for you? If not, what size did you use? I just tried to install my TL3 into an ACC and the screws were too long.

Whelp, when I used the $#@!ing washers included with the chassis, the screws fit fine. I shouldn't do armory on Friday after a hard work week!

All's well that ends well. Armory is supposed to be fun and relaxing don't let the stress catch up with you, leave it at work.

Reactions: christopher.dow
Dumped my 30 Nosler Proof Research Barrel for a Bartlein 17 HV modified. Struggled with accuracy for 18+ months.
23883CA6-1FD7-4675-B43D-F07247C05E59.jpeg

Reactions: duramaxed