• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

++Bighorn TL3 Builds++

Bored so here’s another pic of the ol’ belted mag
CF85F430-EDB2-47C8-B22F-8AB3FE508AFD.jpeg

not sure how many people this applies to. but i'm sure quite a few people have gotten an origin and then a TL3 after. we know Hunt makes a recoil lug to use TL3 barrels on an origin, but that doesn't work the other way.

I have a spacer made that will allow for the use of Origin barrels on a TL3

could potentially make a batch if there are enough people interested

18" 6.5 creedmoor barrel (Bartlein M24 1:8) currently on my action. Also have a 26" 6creed barrel (Bartlein Heavy Palma 1:7.5 4 groove) for it and they both shoot!

Manners T2AGAP in swamp w/ gen 2 mini chassis.

Attachments

• 20190821_143954.jpg
    20190821_143954.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 258
  • 20190821_143911.jpg
    20190821_143911.jpg
    557.4 KB · Views: 302
  • 20190821_084104.jpg
    20190821_084104.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 261
I believe this was addressed long ago but I can’t seem to find it,

The TL3 is a direct drop in to the KRG bravo stock?

I believe this was addressed long ago but I can’t seem to find it,

The TL3 is a direct drop in to the KRG bravo stock?
If you're buying new, yes it will fit no problem. If you're buying used, some of the early Bravos used a different backbone and the recoil lug slot isn't big enough for the TL3. There probably aren't that many of those out there, but it would be worth checking in my opinion.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
If you're buying new, yes it will fit no problem. If you're buying used, some of the early Bravos used a different backbone and the recoil lug slot isn't big enough for the TL3. There probably aren't that many of those out there, but it would be worth checking in my opinion.
Thanks. I’ll be buying new! I recall them having two options about a year ago on their site for rem700 inlets but one now. You cleared it up for me

Reactions: SonicBurlap
What mags are you using? Any issues with feeding the longer 147-156 grain bullets from the mag?
I am using Accurate Mag WSM magazines that I modified to give a more consistent controlled round feed. I haven't had any problems with the 140-147 class bullets. I just picked up the new Berger 156, but haven't used it yet. I'm guessing I'll have to jump them a bit but it should work fine.

Reactions: DEWD_STUFF
I am using Accurate Mag WSM magazines that I modified to give a more consistent controlled round feed. I haven't had any problems with the 140-147 class bullets. I just picked up the new Berger 156, but haven't used it yet. I'm guessing I'll have to jump them a bit but it should work fine.
Interested in what you find

Last question for a while for the group...

any experience with ALTUS prefits???

I’ve got an Altus prefit. It’s a proof research stainless shouldered prefit. Heavy Palma, 20”, 6.5cm. Got it super quick and it’s a solid choice. Accurate and have about 1100 rounds through it so far in about 7 months. My next shouldered prefit will be from proof through experticity to save a bit.

Reactions: Chili47
I’ve got an Altus prefit. It’s a proof research stainless shouldered prefit. Heavy Palma, 20”, 6.5cm. Got it super quick and it’s a solid choice. Accurate and have about 1100 rounds through it so far in about 7 months. My next shouldered prefit will be from proof through experticity to save a bit.
Awesome, I am deciding on a 6.5 prc barrel had seen that ALTUS offers a Bartlein in 5R, was going to do a proof of experticity for the price but have been seeing negative things in the PRC and 4 groove rifling, I don’t want to save 100-200 bucks then end up regretting it based of the results down range. Thanks a lot for the information I appreciate it!

Reactions: Cajuntransplant
Awesome, I am deciding on a 6.5 prc barrel had seen that ALTUS offers a Bartlein in 5R, was going to do a proof of experticity for the price but have been seeing negative things in the PRC and 4 groove rifling, I don’t want to save 100-200 bucks then end up regretting it based of the results down range. Thanks a lot for the information I appreciate it!

No problem. Friend of mine has a proof chambered carbon fiber in PRC and its a hammer and super accurate. He runs the hornady 147s in handloads I believe. It’s a great setup.

Reactions: DEWD_STUFF
^ you and I have dang near the same gun! I like your taste!
18” 6.5 CM barrel and 24” .223 barrels. 6.5 PRC soon

Attachments

• EA4B9616-18AD-4058-8D30-C50DD3EB55B2.jpeg
    EA4B9616-18AD-4058-8D30-C50DD3EB55B2.jpeg
    752.6 KB · Views: 167
Reactions: JEG
Love my TL3’s and the versatility they allow for by the easy switch setup. Now have a few calibers for these things: .223, .22 Dasher, 6CM, 6.5CM, and 6.5 SAUM. Have been shooting Hunts Long Range 6 and 6.5 barrels. He has some of the fastest turnarounds and some calibers he keeps ready to go on the shelf. Not to mention, they HAMMER! These 2 in the pics are 26” M24 Proofs that he spun.

Need to send these things in for a little DLC love.

Had to build up the Vudoo to match the big guys.
7C4350AB-33A8-4A33-A340-171268F22AA5.jpeg
B93AF359-12DB-4985-A96D-723F58A601EE.jpeg

I’m running Accurate WSM mags myself, but had the freebore shortened up .030” from SAAMI specs. Still a slight jump with 147s.

I wouldn’t bank on not having any issues with the 5R and 147s. I’m zooking them out of a 18” Bartlien 5R running 2890.

I’m running Accurate WSM mags myself, but had the freebore shortened up .030” from SAAMI specs. Still a slight jump with 147s.

I wouldn’t bank on not having any issues with the 5R and 147s. I’m zooking them out of a 18” Bartlien 5R running 2890.
Thanks, I was planning on getting my barrel with the .130 freebore. I want to try the 150 SMK over the 147 and then play with the 153 atip and 156 berger. My limitation is the mag length with DBM.

Question for those who dropped their TL3 builds in a KRG Bravo chassis, did you go with the trim, or the medium tang?

Thanks, that's what I thought but better to ask than be sorry. The medium is what I'm going to get; for a while I was thinking about getting the trim to avoid issues with whatever stock I might want to drop it in but the Bravo is my preferred and I like the medium tang better.

Anyone run a proof profit on your tl3? Looking at doing a 26” carbon 6.5prc and wondering how its working for anyone who’s gone that route?

Anyone run a proof profit on your tl3? Looking at doing a 26” carbon 6.5prc and wondering how its working for anyone who’s gone that route?
I just screwed on on this week haven't had the chance to shoot it on paper but it head spaced just fine and should be awesome if it shoots like my other proof barrel.

I run a shouldered stainless prefit in 6.5cm chopped to 20” and friend has a 6.5prc one in carbon fiber. Both work great and shoot great.

18” in PRC??? That’s is smoking a 147! I have a Lite palma 20” I’ve yet to start a load workup on that be nice to be anywhere near 2900... What powder you seeing those results with???

I run a shouldered stainless prefit in 6.5cm chopped to 20” and friend has a 6.5prc one in carbon fiber. Both work great and shoot great.

Is his PRC carbon also a 20"? If so, what velocities is he seeing? I'm debating a PRC build in 20 or 22".

Got my 24" in yesterday and its lights out with factory 147s not real fast though.... getting 2900 but im only 35 rds in.

Headspace was perfect.

Last edited:
Are there any retailers with the most updated version in stock now? I.e. DLC w/ nitrided body.

Are there any retailers with the most updated version in stock now? I.e. DLC w/ nitrided body.
You could try the following: Altus Shooting Solutions, Hunt's Long Range, Northland Shooters Supply, Southern Precision Rifles, Mile High Shooting Accessories, Gunware or Brownells.

Someone will have you covered.

I am finally caught up on this thread, thank you all for the wealth of information. I am giving up on my John Hancock wait and building a TL3, hopefully I’ll be posting pictures in here before too long. Has anyone tried an elftman tactical trigger with one of these actions?

Reactions: Bigrederic
I am finally caught up on this thread, thank you all for the wealth of information. I am giving up on my John Hancock wait and building a TL3, hopefully I’ll be posting pictures in here before too long. Has anyone tried an elftman tactical trigger with one of these actions?
HMFIC with an origin maybe?

HMFIC with an origin maybe?

When I started looking at a custom build I was always drawn to a TL3, tried to skimp with a savage barrel than I had to cancel after a years wait, then 20 months on a JHR, it seems God does not want me to own a 6mm creed at this time. I like the idea of at range barrel swaps with the TL3.

When I started looking at a custom build I was always drawn to a TL3, tried to skimp with a savage barrel than I had to cancel after a years wait, then 20 months on a JHR, it seems God does not want me to own a 6mm creed at this time. I like the idea of at range barrel swaps with the TL3.
might wanna look a Terminus Zeus too if you want quickchange

or a WTO switchlug