• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

++Bighorn TL3 Builds++

Forget the buck even nicer rifle! Close ups of the deer-getter please.

There she be! 243 AI, McMillan A3, 26” CarbonSix barrel with a TBAC ultra 7 can. It’s hell on coyotes too.

Attachments

• D334C32A-00AC-4E5C-BFA5-79ECAFBEC501.jpeg
    D334C32A-00AC-4E5C-BFA5-79ECAFBEC501.jpeg
    536.3 KB · Views: 137
Well got out today to shoot the TL3 rifle and couldn't be happier. Would have been easier if I didn't forget my mag and have to single load though. LOL Below are the first rounds fired. 1 and 2 were sighting in coming down from the upper right. Then round 3-7 are the 5 shot group to the left. The first 4 shots were in the little hole and the 5th was the one to the right. The right target is another 5 shots. Then it was home to clean and the Bartlein cleaned up easy as usual. I am pretty happy as I was shooting 11 year old factory 140 AMAX ammo. Josh @bohem has made me a believer in the prefits. Can't wait to try some ELDs and load some up for it.

IMG_1057.jpg

Well got out today to shoot the TL3 rifle and couldn't be happier. Would have been easier if I didn't forget my mag and have to single load though. LOL Below are the first rounds fired. 1 and 2 were sighting in coming down from the upper right. Then round 3-7 are the 5 shot group to the left. The first 4 shots were in the little hole and the 5th was the one to the right. The right target is another 5 shots. Then it was home to clean and the Bartlein cleaned up easy as usual. I am pretty happy as I was shooting 11 year old factory 140 AMAX ammo. Josh @bohem has made me a believer in the prefits. Can't wait to try some ELDs and load some up for it.

View attachment 7460053
Great shooting!! Love my TL3 as well and may pick up another here in the short future. @bohem makes a truly great barrel. My RPR prefit from him shoots everything I feed it and it’s more accurate than I am. Couldn’t be happier and I will get more barrels from PVA.

View attachment 7460053

As usual, very nice shooting Rob! It is always nice to see results like this. Congratulations on the new setup i think you're going to love it

Great shooting!! Love my TL3 as well and may pick up another here in the short future. @bohem makes a truly great barrel. My RPR prefit from him shoots everything I feed it and it’s more accurate than I am. Couldn’t be happier and I will get more barrels from PVA.
Thank you for the kind words! I am glad to hear your barrels from us are shooting as they should.

Reactions: mustang-cars
Did you order the Manners specifically for for the TL3?

Not asked to me but my Manners with mini chassis was made to be used with Surgeon and 700 actions and the TL3 dropped right in.

Went and took a couple better pics for you. There is a very small section that is overhanging the action but doesn’t effect function.

C689675E-EAB1-4945-AC89-1A26EBD4800D.jpeg
762CBD1E-652F-4046-80C5-25BD9D1A2250.jpeg

Reactions: Shoots 700's
Yup easy fix if it bothers you but I just used mine with the .223 barrel today and just like the 6.5 Creed ejection was as it should be and no issues running it like above except for cosmetic.

Looks like a lineup that could use a Zermatt RimX.

Have the vudoo v22

But just stumbled across an absolute steal on a benchmark pre-fit in 223. 8 twist 24” mtu so looks like I’ll be ordering my tl3 now!!! Super pumped. Thinking of doing a half trainer half hunter build and ordering a number 4 or 5 in 20 tac for coyotes

Just finished putting this one together today. TL3 with a Proof prefit and T2 w/mini chassis. Hopefully I can find the time to open up the barrel channel a little more and mount the scope next week.

Attachments

• 20201121_164704.jpg
    20201121_164704.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 20201121_164723.jpg
    20201121_164723.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: Classyredneck00
Ordered my tl3 dlc’d tn! Should be here mid to late this week! The 223 mtu benchmark is already here, tt special is sitting on the shelf, but may pick up another diamond, and for now it will share a chassis/stock until I decide what I want to do, thinking prs1/prs2. Can’t wait!

Last edited:
Well after way too long I am excited to finally be able to join this thread!! Now I ordered a dlc’d I thought but tn this showed up. Stainless with dlc’d bolt. Little undecided on weather or not to return it and wait a possible 6 months or just run with it. It’s growing on me cause it’s just different.

8E03DE5E-B330-45FD-952E-02B67E4478EB.jpeg

-Tl3 stainless dlc’d bolt
- 223 benchmark 1:8 twist mtu and a 20 tac benchmark 1:10 twist #5
- manners prs1t Altus sage flats with mini chassis
- tt diamond (special parked in it until the diamond arrives next week)
- area 419 arca rail and barricade stop
- schmidt 3-20x56

Well after way too long I am excited to finally be able to join this thread!! Now I ordered a dlc’d I thought but tn this showed up. Stainless with dlc’d bolt. Little undecided on weather or not to return it and wait a possible 6 months or just run with it. It’s growing on me cause it’s just different.

View attachment 7483661

-Tl3 stainless dlc’d bolt
- 223 benchmark 1:8 twist mtu and a 20 tac benchmark 1:10 twist #5
- manners prs1t Altus sage flats with mini chassis
- tt diamond (special parked in it until the diamond arrives next week)
- area 419 arca rail and barricade stop
- schmidt 3-20x56
It looks good man! The action matches the barrel and the bolt matches the scope nicely

It looks good man! The action matches the barrel and the bolt matches the scope nicely

Thank you! Builds a little reassurance! I really do like it, it’s just not what I thought. It’s definitely growing on me and is different the the others I own. I had a stiller tac 30 with stainless now it’s all tan, have a terminus Zeus with stainless barrel, have a 700 with black and stainless barrel, had a kelbly atlas tactical and stainless barrel (now all black) so this is just different.

Reactions: wpeach1912
Just picked up my first TL3 SA the other day! Going to toss my current 22/250 AI Savage pre-fit on first (only has a few hundred rounds fired) then go with a 22 Creed for the next barrel.

Quick question- what action screws are you using? I looked on Zermatt’s site and didn’t see any action screws advertised.

Any help would be great!

CB5D5B48-9E53-4807-A19F-1976B8BCEE43.jpeg

Thank you! Builds a little reassurance! I really do like it, it’s just not what I thought. It’s definitely growing on me and is different the the others I own. I had a stiller tac 30 with stainless now it’s all tan, have a terminus Zeus with stainless barrel, have a 700 with black and stainless barrel, had a kelbly atlas tactical and stainless barrel (now all black) so this is just different.
Which action do you like better the Terminus or the tl3?
I have a tl3 just like yours and thinking of doing a build on a terminus, but also thinking of just rebarreling the tl3 to a new caliber for hunting.
Do you like your terminus or would you get another tl3 if you had a choice?
Thank you
elmer

I have a tl3 just like yours and thinking of doing a build on a terminus, but also thinking of just rebarreling the tl3 to a new caliber for hunting.
Thank you
elmer

Two very different actions. It’s hard to explain. The bighorn is so far fantastic. I’ve only owned it for only 3 weeks but have roughly 450-600 rounds down it now and probably double that on dry fire now. I’m waiting for a different cocking piece to make it easier on close but so far I’m extremely pleased. It is effortless to slide the bolt, more so then any action I’ve ever felt, hard to explain, but I don’t know if it’s necessarily the smoothest but there’s a bit more “slop or less tolerances” in the bolt plus it being smooth just makes it effortless to cycle. I love mechanical ejectors. Been running one on a kelbly for 3 ish years ish and just love them!

The terminus is outstanding. It definitely feels slightly more refined if that’s the proper word. It feels definitely more solid. Built like a tank! It is incredibly smooth action. Love the quick change barrel feature and the threaded trigger pins. The 60 degree bolt lift can make it a heavier lift but I barely notice it. Once broken in, it’s just so fast!! Personally I hate to say it cause I’m so pleased with so many of my actions but if I had to pick I’d say the terminus is my favourite. My shooting partner bought one too and never got to build off it and we got him a defiance on trade and he prefers the defiance feel but he’s always wanted a defiance since day 1 so I think it’s more of a subconscious thing. I own both and I prefer the terminus.

I would be absolutely 100% happy to build off either one again and would absolutely recommend either one to anyone. I’ve wanted a bighorn for probably 3 years now and always purchased something different cause I was worried about the “binding issues” and a few reputable people on another site recommends against them, but I just couldn’t stop thinking about it so had to do it. My primary comp set up is the terminus in 25 creed, with my back up being the kelbly in 6 creed. My tl3 is my trainer in 223 with a second 20 tac hunting barrel coming. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

C95CB1FE-E6FB-49C6-89C1-69C3AEA5CD31.jpeg
3C835869-0827-45B9-8A97-A65A47464EF7.jpeg
3E133542-34E1-4B9F-B8B2-2FC9B85A8B5F.jpeg

Thank you
elmer
dont own a terminus but have played with more than my fair share.

i'd be doing a TL3 unless i wanted a Norma for hunting

also, note the terminus action are rather heavy

dont own a terminus but have played with more than my fair share.

i'd be doing a TL3 unless i wanted a Norma for hunting

also, note the terminus action are rather heavy

Well terminus “hunting action” is the Apollo lite and it’s actually lighter then a tl3 of similar specs. There Apollo lite is 27.20 oz, there apollo is 32.48oz ans the tl3 is 28oz

Well terminus “hunting action” is the Apollo lite and it’s actually lighter then a tl3 of similar specs. There Apollo lite is 27.20 oz, there apollo is 32.48oz ans the tl3 is 28oz
yes. but take a zeus or kratos and compare weight

buying a new action to save less than an ounce versus a bolthead and spinning a new barrel on. i know which i chose

Action: Bighorn TL3 SA
Barrel: Hawk Hill 26” MTU
Brake: Crosstac
Caliber: 6mm 🏳️‍🌈🐅
Trigger: Trigger Tech Diamond 💎 Flat
Chassis: MPA BA COMP w/folder
Bi-Pod: CKYE Pod w/RRS SOAR mount
Optic Mount: MPA
Optic: Leupold MK 5, 5-25

Attachments

• DAAC9D74-6B55-4C1A-B366-17071D61ADA0.jpeg
    DAAC9D74-6B55-4C1A-B366-17071D61ADA0.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 145
yes. but take a zeus or kratos and compare weight

buying a new action to save less than an ounce versus a bolthead and spinning a new barrel on. i know which i chose

Well now your talking slab side actions and they are all heavier. If you took the Kratos lite your back in the ball park. I do agree in general the terminus is a heavier action, but they have weight saving options.

That said, Im also not saying to buy an entire 2nd action to save less then an ounce is smart... but buying a second action to have a complete second set up that’s a different story, no matter what action he decides to go with. The tl3 is fantastic and I’m incredibly happy with it, but equal or more so with the terminus. But like I said before, two totally different actions here and it’s nice to have each one so the individual can gather his own opinion. Which is why I’ll be going for ks 3 lug, and impact next.. just to try them

Last edited:
Reactions: b6graham
Is there a torque & action wrench and barrel vise that folks are using with their Bighorn/Zermatt actions?

Is there a torque & action wrench and barrel vise that folks are using with their Bighorn/Zermatt actions?
The Zermatt Arms action wrench works just fine without having to disassemble anything in the receiver, as for the torque wrench any torque wrench that is reasonably accurate in FT/LBS will work.

The torque values are marked as follows on the action wrench:

Shouldered barrel: .223 - .308 75-85 FT/LBS (for your TL3SA/ Origin SA)

Magnum: 100 - 120 FT/LBS

Barrel nut: 40 -70 FT/LBS

Reactions: DIBBS
I use this action wrench. Maybe @bohem can chime in on when they will be in stock. Works great.

Any barrel vise will work.

Probably a month. I am unloading our backlog of production parts currently and getting caught up on stuff that isn't brakes and barrels

Reactions: DIBBS and Rob01