• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

++Bighorn TL3 Builds++

for folks who are red loctiting a "shoulder" in, or those that are drilling and tapping set screws, any words of wisdom on it? You apply the loctite then headspace as usual right?

It works just like you'd think it would work. My primary caution is to take a little care to avoid getting the Loctite on the action threads or shoulder. I haven't learned this the hard way, but if you were sloppy it'd be possible.

Any more I set the headspace (with loctite) by hand, then after it's cured I pull the barrel off, clean, apply a dab of anti-seize, and torque it onto the action. The way I do it now I could get by without my barrel nut wrench.

My Dasher is done! I have formed 50 pieces of brass so far. A bunch to go.
IMG_5579.JPG

What is the weight of this setup?
Would have to double check but I think with can, can cover, atlas, empty mag, scope, etc. Its right at 12 pounds. I think bare rifle is 8 lbs, 4 oz

New scope and brake. I just need to get my action DLC'd... and maybe a Proof CF light Sendero in 300WSM. :devilish:

TL3 AW
Manners T6A gen 2 mini chassis
Jewell HVR
PVA Bartlein 26" 1:8, chambered in 6.5x47, PVA Jet Blast brake
Nightforce 7-35 ATACR F1 with a Mil-C in NF ultralight rings.

12bAeac.jpg

Well all of you just pushed me over the edge with your Bighorn builds. I just ordered a TL3, Manners T4A, Badger M5, and a Bartlein barrel. Going to have PCR do the build. Planning on a 22” 6.5 Creedmoor.

Are you having any feeding issues for the saum ? I bent my feed lips and that helped some....but my cases still are not ejecting correctly. It looks like I still have too much bolt over ride and the case hanging up on the top rear of the ejection port.

7 SAUM has fed great for me, I use the 7 round Accurate WSM mags. I do recall having to pull the bolt back with a bit more authority than other smaller calibers in order to get good ejection.

Are you having any feeding issues for the saum ? I bent my feed lips and that helped some....but my cases still are not ejecting correctly. It looks like I still have too much bolt over ride and the case hanging up on the top rear of the ejection port.
These are empty cases or just cycling rounds? What scope are you running? Our 6.5 SAUM rounds hit dad's turret, but empty cases eject just fine. Like Sheldon mentioned it does take a little more authority to send them flying.

Well, after getting tired of the Manners wait and building around the MPA, got the call that my Manners was ready a few days after putting the rifle together. Switched it out before ever even firing with the MPA :rolleyes:. Now sits in a T2A-gap with mini-chassis and 419 Arca rail. The Kahles 525 and MPA scope mount are new as well. Pretty pumped about this setup.
IMG_2541.JPG

IMG_2542.JPG

Shot the first loads out of the 6.5x47 barrel. I used new Lapua brass, Varget, 140 RDFs, and CCI 450's. Wanted to break-in and do a pressure test. Book max looked like ~35gr, I went up to 36gr wihch is still lower than I've seen here with 140s. Never saw a stiff bolt or any other signs except a little primer flow on 35gr (2nd down from top left in pic), which didn't repeat or flatten at 35.5gr and 36gr. I had just cleaned the barrel and am thinking I may have had some solvent still in the chamber.

Not much brass stretch on the first firing, started at 1.460" base to shoulder and once fired at 1.463"

0.030" off seems to be the got to for the RDFs. I found my touch with the 140RDF to be 2.148" base to ogive, loaded to 2.118"

Going to load groups of five and shoot over the magnetospeed now. Modified one of the MPA rat rods to line up coming off the ARCA rail.

IMG_2536.JPG

That’s a nice looking setup.
How do you like the 419 arcs rail?

I've only shot the 11 rounds pressure testing and breaking in over lunch. It seems to work well just playing around in the backyard with it. Too early to tell how it will do under recoil on props and such. It's the original, not their new locking unit. Just design wise, if your looking for functionality out of barricade stops and similar, I think the MPA setups are more fit for purpose.

Reactions: Kane0519
Well empty cases kind of eject towards the front of the gun. When they hang, you can clearly see where the rear top of the ejection port is catching them. Let added rounds will sling across the room, but with both cases you u have to run the bolt very hard.

If the port was straight across and not angled down, it may almost fix it.

When you get a hang and pull the t out with your fingers, you can see the next round pop up as you pull it out.

I do not have any control round feed either, but I’m not ready to Dremel the accurate mag yet.

Anyone interested in swapping bolt heads, I have a brand new never used 308., looking for a magnum.

For those running their TL3 in competitions(prs), have you had any issues with the bolt binding under shooting conditions, speed cycling,etc?

For those running their TL3 in competitions(prs), have you had any issues with the bolt binding under shooting conditions, speed cycling,etc?

no. But it takes some practice, getting used to when you first get it. If you pull the bolt fully to the rear, then if you apply upwards instead of forward pressure you get a little bind. If you push the bolt forward, no matter how fast, instead of UP, you have no issues. I have 3 TL3's that I run weekly and its smooth as glass. Just takes a little practice.

No issues here. Didn't feel like I had to do anything different to learn the bolt. Just ran it normally and it's never bound up on me.

No issues here. Didn't feel like I had to do anything different to learn the bolt. Just ran it normally and it's never bound up on me.

I agree. Same here. But I've had a few guys get behind my gun trying to rack the bolt and slamming the bolt UP instead of forward when its fully to the rear. That's when it binds slightly. You run it normally and no issues what so ever

Reactions: Sheldon N
I actually did have an issue with the bolt binding when I first got a TL3. To the point I talked it through with Aaron on the phone. The fix was a combination of break in and a little adjustment of my technique. After a couple thousand dry fires I couldn’t do it wrong. I haven’t personally felt an action in the last couple years that I’d trade one of my TL3’s for regarding feel, but there’s a couple popular ones I haven’t played with.

Reactions: Sheldon N
Ive heard that it does really well with the spacing and coating for the dirty stuff

IMG_0649.JPGIMG_0652.JPG

Here is my new build. Can't wait to shoot this.

6.5x47 Lapua
Manners PRS2 in Core Elite Highland camo with mini chassis
Area 419 Hellfire
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56

Reactions: jetsurgeon
I feel like I'm finally sitting at the big table at Thanksgiving.

Been working on putting this together for a while now.

6.5 Creedmoor
XLR Carbon Chassis
18" Proof carbon fiber barrel
Deadair Sandman-S
Tangent Theta 525P

Mark_Rifle-7831.png

The good news is you're never going to lose that rifle :ROFLMAO:

Good looking build sir.

Last edited:
Reactions: usmcmad
Just need to glass bed and it will be done . Manners et6a in Swamp, Bighorn TL3 Dlc coated , trigger tech , badger m5 enhanced , Bartlein Heavy Palma finished at 24" chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor ( chambered by Spartan Precsion ) , Badger rings, Nightforce ATACR 7-35 tremor 3, Accuracy 1st bubble level ..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    596.8 KB · Views: 160
Getting closer to finishing build for 6bra. My TL3 has the aics cut and need to find a known magazine and mag kit that will help load this cartridge properly.

What do you gents use and recommend?

Getting closer to finishing build for 6bra. My TL3 has the aics cut and need to find a known magazine and mag kit that will help load this cartridge properly.

What do you gents use and recommend?
If you want to try something cheap you could get a Ruger aics mag. It works with a 6mm br so it should work for you. If not your only out $30.

I use arc mags for my dasher. They feed great as long as they are clean. I keep ancloth with me in my shooting bag and give the inside a quick wipe down before I load for a stage if it’s real dusty out. It’s worth it to me to have such a short mag that holds 10 rounds.

I picked up a used TL3 recently, just over 600 rounds on the action. It doesn’t feel as smooth as I imagined it would. I had a Bergara Premier action that I believe was smoother. I feel the ejector, which is fine, but it just feels like there’s quite a bit of friction. How can I make this smoother?

Upgraded my KRG Bravo to a Manners EH-1! This is my first Manners stock, it's impressive. It was a full custom order so it took about 5 months, but totally worth it!!

Also, do Manners stocks that have the mini chassis come with a magazine? I got the CIP length mini chassis, didn't order a magazine, but it came with a CIP length AICS mag!!

TL3 Long action
Manners EH1 with CIP length mini chassis
Proof 26" 28 Nosler
AMG in ARC rings.

28.jpg

Last edited:
Upgraded my KRG Bravo to a Manners EH-1! This is my first Manners stock, it's impressive. It was a full custom order so it took about 5 months, but totally worth it!!

TL3 Long action
Proof 26" 28 Nosler
AMG in ARC rings.

View attachment 6945273

She’s beautiful! I like that a lot. What does it weigh as pictured?

Also, do Manners stocks that have the mini chassis come with a magazine? I got the CIP length mini chassis, didn't order a magazine, but it came with a CIP length AICS mag!!

TL3 Long action
Proof 26" 28 Nosler
AMG in ARC rings.

View attachment 6945273

Great looking rifle! What is the name of the camo scheme you have on there?

Last edited: