• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Blonde Moment

WATERWALKER

0311 SHELLBACK
Minuteman
  • Apr 19, 2014
    Deep in the Lone Star
    Yesterday morning my wife & I attended our daughter's (4 yr old) first horse showing. My wife agreed to help w/ concessions. My wife is blonde & lefthanded. Not a big deal, I agree. So another blonde "horse mom" stops by & notices my wife is left handed & asks "You're left handed & blonde? Me too!" My wife answers "yes." The other mom's next question was "Do you ever find that when you open doors you walk through & get hit in the forehead by the door?" Alright, no tact, nothing. I laughed, A LOT! I just couldn't stop. To my wife's credit, she kept a straight face. This was the first time either of had ever met this woman. That's a great first impression. What do ya'll think?

Last edited:
    I had to look at a door to see how that was possible, then laughed my ass off visualizing her getting hit with the door.

I had to look at a door to see how that was possible, then laughed my ass off visualizing her getting hit with the door.

By the way she talked about hitting doors it happens all the time. I couldn't help but LMAO & rip on her a little bit. Simply irresistible.

Ya'll feel free to weigh in & / or share similar ordeals.

I am left handed, not blonde, I needed stitches after splitting my eyebrow open opening a door. Only did it once. It was the front door to my house. I'm not sure what made that day so special.

I imagine this happens when someone left handed opens a door- that opens toward them and with hinges on the right- with their dominant hand. This would cause the door to swing into their body instead of across their body, as these doors do for us who are right handed. As a rule of thumb, find the hinges and use the hand closest to them to open the door.

I think she is a keeper because she is funny and not trying to be and they are the funniest to have around at parties.