• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blowing My Own Horn.......

kmussack

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2001
In September 2006 an on-line sniper magazine called Sniperwrox published an article I wrote on Counter Sniper Technology.

sniperworx publishing - Home

I went on to give a presentation on the subject at the National SWAT Sniper Symposium in January 2007.

Opertional Tactics - National SWAT/Sniper Symposium

I was contacted by the Public Affairs Officer at the United States Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School asking if I would sign a copyright release to allow my work to be added to the next revision of the Special Forces Sniper Training and Employment manual.

Of course I said yes.

It's been a long wait but yesterday I got a copy of TC 18-32 (FM 3-05.222) Special Forces Sniper Training and Employment, dtd. November 2013 and low and behold there's my stuff, pages 2-20 through 2-23.

In the references section in the back or TC 18-32 there's my name and everything.

I don't mean to brag, I just thought I'd share it because as a "hobbyist" I'm pretty happy about this.

Last edited:
Good stuff, and you're completely within your rights you be proud and "blow your own horn" a little bit.

I saw the title and thought you were Ron Jeremy.. All kidding aside, great job!

Outstanding! Congrats are definitely in order! Nothin wrong with being proud!!!

You Sir, have arrived! Congratulations! 2007 - 2013 is a nice wait, but the rewards of knowing that your doctrine is preserved, used, then will be used in the next decade by those who scrounge this manual will allow your words to at least outlive yourself! Cool Beans indeed!

I shot next to you on the 1000 yd platform at Rifles Only 6 or 7 years ago. You were on my left and my shooting partner was on my right. 20 plus mph wind and you called a .1 mil additional hold to my partner, who just made a first round hit, although, apparently, not centered. I looked at you and said "really?" You replied "I had to say something"

I still tell the story about shooting with you.

Congratulations Kevin.

Holy cow! Kevin! I thought you were retired in Central America with 4 young wives. You don't call, you don't write........
Very cool regarding your published work. Awesome knowing that your contribution will be taught as "the law" for our long gun drivers.
Very best to you and yours.

Terry berry be bi bo berry.................TERRY.

Kevin well done my friend, I have seen you over the years always helping others, all the while being the quite gray man in the shadows.

One question; Col. Kurtz or Kevin Mussack who is this in the photo?

100_2576.jpg

If I could blow my own horn, I probably wouldn't be married....

Oh, wait, wrong forum.

Congratulations, it must feel great.

I can't relate on the gun/sniper field as I am just a novice/hobbyist but in my main field of expertise I have a little notoriety and it does make one proud.

Wow, he's famous and he can pull all the ..... er, uh....'seasoned' shooters out of their hides with one post... Impressive!