• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bought a GAP-10 and it seems like it should have come with a Hide Membership

Stagg

Slightly smarter than a lego brick
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2022
Kansas
Recently bought a second hand GAP-10 (formerly KCPD) and now I have to learn how to use it.
Figured the Hide is the place to start that journey, since I have been reading the forums for years, but never made an account.

A bit about me:
I'm a helicopter pilot.... and NO, I have never fired a gun out the window.
Enjoy buying guns and building them. Always have the intent to shoot them while wondering through the woods and never make time.
Most of my experience with guns is military related, but I don't do that anymore and my rucksack just collects dust in the attic.

I'll see you all on the internet, or if you are in the Kansas City Area maybe at the range.
Now to schedule a visit to GA Precision!

It's seen a bit of use.
Maybe I should just send it back to GAP for a tune up?
signal-2022-12-20-03-53-07-459.jpg

Welcome aboard. Go shoot it, if it still shooting laser out just keep shooting it. Have fun and stay safe.

Reactions: lash and 338dude
Thanks guys,

It runs like a top. The hard part is deciding what glass to buy.
Since I bought a 4k gun for half price, that means more for optics right?.... tell that to my bank account.

What range do you go to around here? I'm a Mill Creek guy from Olathe.

I hang out with Shoobe01 and have been going with him to Mill Creek.
That said honestly I go "home" to see family on the farm often enough that I mostly wait until then to shoot.... nice 1800 yard ranges with trees for a backstop and no little red flags or fees. Or we go shooting outside the KC metro area on friends property, which is usually a LOT of driving time spent back and forth.

These days I'm realizing that I might need to finagle a Mill Creek range membership. Kind of sounds like I will need to slip a knife into someones back so there is an opening !

Reactions: Hetzer and lash
has a cool weathered look, but a good solvent based remover will get that off and I bet it will clean up looking brand new. I bet it still shoots lights out.

looks kinda cool as it is actually.
I agree. Some guys will go out of their way to make theirs look like that. I think it looks great.

Welcome to Snipers Hide, from Central Florida.

Reactions: DustBun
Thanks guys,

It runs like a top. The hard part is deciding what glass to buy.
Since I bought a 4k gun for half price, that means more for optics right?.... tell that to my bank account.
ZCO 4-20 would be about right on that rifle.

has a cool weathered look, but a good solvent based remover will get that off and I bet it will clean up looking brand new. I bet it still shoots lights out.

looks kinda cool as it is actually.

It definitely gets to keep its paint job. It is very functional colors. I was originally thinking about changing the stock. But have grown to like the whole thing even the LOP for prone shooting.

I agree. Some guys will go out of their way to make theirs look like that. I think it looks great.

Welcome to Snipers Hide, from Central Florida.

Always amazed me how much time and effort people put into weathering their guns, jeans, and lots else. For years I have enjoyed smirking at people who ask how I "distressed" my painted guns, or wore "perfect" holes in the my pants. Hard use! I usually have to touch up my stuff after a few years, to heck with sanding some of it off.

I'm even thinking the optics and mount need to be painted to match..... wait do I have to rub a newly painted scope with steel wool to break it in for this gun?

ZCO 4-20 would be about right on that rifle.

Don't say that.
I completely agree! My buddy has one in the house right now, and it is pretty amazing.

I grabbed a Steiner t6xi 3-18x for starters, that should keep me busy for a bit. If (when) that doesn't cut the mustard I'll have to move it onto other toys and upgrade to a ZCO.

Don't say that.
I completely agree! My buddy has one in the house right now, and it is pretty amazing.

I grabbed a Steiner t6xi 3-18x for starters, that should keep me busy for a bit. If (when) that doesn't cut the mustard I'll have to move it onto other toys and upgrade to a ZCO.
It can really become a problem, I have perfectly functional glass on multiple rifles but since I got two ZCO's I keep having to talking myself out of upgrading the other scopes, they really are huge step up. Sounds like you have a nice setup, enjoy and welcome to the Hide.

Not to mentino the reddot issue. If a better scope needs to be paid for, out of principle.... then a better (aimpoint) reddot needs to be paid for also.
Same problem with thousands more dollars escaping ones bank account.

Reactions: earthtrekker1775