• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Bought an XD40... salesman was a bit of a tool

Gravity_Knight

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2011
Colorado
youtube.com
Local place, huge store. But some of those guys are interesting. I was looking at Sendero's and some heavy barrel savages while I was there and we got to talking.

I was talking about the .260 being pretty popular/awesome (I don't own one, I'm a 308 guy but even I know they are good). He informed me that the 260 is dead, and for good reason. I told him the 260 offers very impressive ballistics with low recoil, He informed me that the ballistics aren't as good as a 308 and that the 260 is a womans/childs gun and that's what it was designed for originally... LOL. He just went on and on... I found another guy and bought my XD from him.

Pretty happy with the XD. Wanted a .40 (just have 9's and smaller) and set out looking for a Sig p2022 or 250. Their prices were terrible on those and they only had 9mm models. But they had the XD at a fair price, gun feels good and seems to shoot real nice. I'm happy...

XD40_small.JPG

Re: Bought an XD40... salesman was a bit of a tool

Out the door for just over 5

Looked to be about $20 less than other stores in my area.

Seen some strange prices at this place. I bought my SPS tactical for $619 which seemed real reasonable. Yet they had Sig 2022's for like $650..ouch Online the 2022 and my XD are pretty close on price. Don't know what the deal is with that....

check shooters connection and other places you can trick out the trigger and other stuff

Why did you choose the XD instead of the XDm?

Basically price. XDM .40 at this store was little over 150 more iirc. I would love an XDM but I can't spend that kind of cash on another pistol...rifle- sure...

Plus, the extra mag capacity is cool, and the grip options and longer barrel but honestly I don't think it was worth spending more for it (IMO) This isn't a gun I will shoot a whole lot. Probably get it out a couple times a year and keep it familiar. My next step is a concealed permit and I may carry it from time to time... I think it will be a better gun to carry vs. my glock.