• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bourbon snobs need not enter.

If you want an inexpensive, bottled in bond, bourbon try JW Dant. Pour it give it a few minutes to oxidize and let extra methanol cook off and have at.

Shit I keep in case Johnny-Common stops in.
16218628171901793819638046228978.jpg

Maybe you would like military special from the bx?

You folks have much finer tastes in the hootch you drink than me.
I would suggest that you kick that Burpon to the curb, go to the liquor store and get you some fine stuff like, Old Milwaukee or Busch Lite and leave those headaches behind.

I would suggest that you kick that Burpon to the curb, go to the liquor store and get you some fine stuff like, Old Milwaukee or Busch Lite and leave those headaches behind.

Thought of this lol

If I want to do some good whisky I will always revert to my Son and his garage.
He always has some good shit in there and I don't want to know where it came from---but it came from near and far.
Never any PopSkull type shit-- nothing but the best, ageing and all, and a very tight group, kind of like Squirrels.
They are far better than any micro-breweries ever though of being but kind of like that and only go for the good stuff.
Tastes good and will definately knock your dick into the dirt. I am spoiled.

Reactions: Redmanss and Fig
I drank Old Milwaukee for 30 years.

Started gaining weight so I switched to bud light.
Still gained weight and drank more.

My budget limit is mid range bourbon and whiskey and I can live with that.

The barrel proof / cask strength stuff is worth the extra to me for a treat as I have slowed quantity for quality at my age.

I still keep regular whiskey around but kind of jaded now.

• Love
Reactions: Foul Mike
Life's too short to drink shitty bourbon.
View attachment 7632588

View attachment 7632591
Not a bourbon drinker here (Scotch/Irish is my game); but the Rare Breed wasn't that bad. I cannot find any Old Forrester here regularly but I did get some 1897 which is well, "fire water." Not a fan. I keep looking for a good bourbon that seems to be worth the markup. So I may use your picture as a starting point :).

Not a bourbon drinker here (Scotch/Irish is my game); but the Rare Breed wasn't that bad. I cannot find any Old Forrester here regularly but I did get some 1897 which is well, "fire water." Not a fan. I keep looking for a good bourbon that seems to be worth the markup. So I may use your picture as a starting point :).
There is some old Forrester 1920 on top of the safe in the back. it's good stuff. Most of the stuff I have is barrel proof or cask strength so they may turn off someone who's not used to bourbon.

Love me some Woodford. Used to be a big Makers lover but once I tried the Woodford I never buy anything else. Damn good bourbon for less than $30 a bottle. I'm sipping one now!! or was it my third??
That old fashioned in the photo looks damn good.

Woodford would be swill too if it wasn’t for the fact it’s the best thing you can get at any random bar or restaurant in the US. It’s a mediocre bourbon at best. Basil Hayden, Buffalo Trace, and Angels Envy are in the same price range and absolutely shame it. Like showing up to a gang bang where all the rest of us are packing 8+ with your 3” thunder thimble.

• Haha
I used to chase bourbons looking for "the best". When the boom hit a few years ago and there were dozens of new brands constantly popping up I came to the realization that there's no need to spend lots of money for a good, drinkable bourbon.

i've had MANY a snob belly up to my bar and drink out of the bottles of "good stuff" and go home drunk and happy. Only a couple of them know that I refill the bottles with Very old Barton:

brbon_bar11.jpg

Bunches of bottles stacked up.... if you have a nice liquor to display then at least display it in a proper carafe. This looks more like a little bit of a problem than an every once in awhile nip with a friend. At least hide your addiction like a decent person... one or two bottles out at a time is classy... sorry im going back to being a poor now.

I used to chase bourbons looking for "the best". When the boom hit a few years ago and there were dozens of new brands constantly popping up I came to the realization that there's no need to spend lots of money for a good, drinkable bourbon.

i've had MANY a snob belly up to my bar and drink out of the bottles of "good stuff" and go home drunk and happy. Only a couple of them know that I refill the bottles with Very old Barton:

brbon_bar11.jpg

I wish VOB was available in my state. It was and think still is the most popular bourbon in Kentucky, that says a lot.

Reactions: 1500varmint
Woodford would be swill too if it wasn’t for the fact it’s the best thing you can get at any random bar or restaurant in the US. It’s a mediocre bourbon at best. Basil Hayden, Buffalo Trace, and Angels Envy are in the same price range and absolutely shame it. Like showing up to a gang bang where all the rest of us are packing 8+ with your 3” thunder thimble.
Opinions are well you know, if Woodford is swill to you there isnt much to say except I like swill!! But I also like PBR so there's that.........

Reactions: Soulezoo
If it got Clarence Emil "Bud" Anderson through WW2 as a fighter ace its good enough for me.

• Love
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I was always told Rye for old fashioned old fashions.
Bourbon for Old Fashions and Rye for Manhattans.
But you can do what you like and no one really cares.

WWII flying Ace Bud Anderson, who lives near me BTW, named his P-51 Old Crow. Now when anyone asked, he said it was because the crow was the smartest bird in the sky. Now if you knew him, he'd tell you that it was after the cheapest rot gut you could get and he'd had some encounters with 😉.

Reactions: MCSO1357
Dammit! I was late!

Hey, Bud Anderson and (RIP) Chuck Yeager both live(d) close to me. While Gen Yeager was a crusty old bastard (not being disrespectful, he laughed at me when I called him that), Col. Anderson is truly a great guy to be around. Celebrate him now, he doesn't have a lot longer with us.
They both put up with me because I was a Crew Chief in the AF for 26 years.

I'm with you all........I like what I consider a good bourbon.......Woodford, Makers Mark.....Basel Haydens, Knob Creek, Bullet Rye.........

I do consider Old Crow a bottom of the barrel whiskey, but come this weekend, I will do what I always do, buy two shots of Old Crow, and two Budweisers...........one for me, one for my friend.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Not much into Bourbon but Bullet at about $31/750 ml is ok and not disastrously expensive (and yeah, fuck Pappy's). Its a bit of a sweet aftertaste that some object to.

Four Roses is even cheaper at about $25/750 ml and is serviceable, IMO.

Old Crow....about $18/1.75 L!!! :eek:

Hell, after the first drink, who can tell! haha
Regular Beam is $18 a handle at Costco.

Reactions: Baron23
02/2020 Bookers was as good as any little book I've tried. Ive had 1 and 4, own #3 but haven't opened it.
1 was good, 2 was ok, 3 was really good, 4 is ok. The thing about Little Book is they are experimental batches. Just have to go into them knowing that they are Freddie's science experiments. I prefer most batches of Bookers to all 4 Little Books.

Add some Colt 45, TJ Swan, Cold Duck chasers to that deadly brew and bring on the headaches.