• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Bowhunters Thead

My personal best from 2009

Attachments

• B79B0873-BEFF-4F51-8FD0-3E5606773737.jpeg
    B79B0873-BEFF-4F51-8FD0-3E5606773737.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 70
I'm shooting a Hoyt Defiant 30
65# Draw weight
GT Hunter Pro arrows - Rage Hypodermics

We get a yearly archery mule deer tag so it's seen a lot of use the last couple years. Can't wait till Sept 1! I still have yet to get one in velvet so it's a major goal of mine.

IMG_3665.JPG
22520200_10159437208210427_7324168160405722260_o.jpg
2018 Mule Deer.jpg

Got my VXR today! Who knows how long it had been at the shop. Just waiting on the black gold sight to come in and it'll be good to go! Shot it without the sight and it's so smooth. can't wait for bow season

Attachments

• IMG_2204.jpeg
    IMG_2204.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2205.jpeg
    IMG_2205.jpeg
    377.3 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: CShooter92
You all are making me think I need to upgrade my hunting bow...

Still shooting a 2004 Mathews Outback, Beman ICS Hunters, fixed blade 100g NAP Thunderheads, and a Whisker Biscuit rest. Took my buck last year at 7yds, so I'm having a hard time justifying the need.

Did just pick up a new Bear Royale for the kid though..

Still shooting a 2004 Mathews Outback, Beman ICS Hunters, fixed blade 100g NAP Thunderheads, and a Whisker Biscuit rest. Took my buck last year at 7yds, so I'm having a hard time justifying the need.

The animals won't know the difference. Keep on shooting if you have confidence in the bow. Took 10 years of daily shooting and 3 sets of strings til I upgraded. Then I got addicted to new stuff and upgrade every few years.

Reactions: MNhunter1

Hey man, I know a guy who used to have an old outback that wishes he never got rid of it. Plus, Indians used sticks and sharp rocks right?

Reactions: MNhunter1
Got my VXR today! Who knows how long it had been at the shop. Just waiting on the black gold sight to come in and it'll be good to go! Shot it without the sight and it's so smooth. can't wait for bow season

Man, that green is slick as hell. I like that alot. Mine is the Realtree edge

Hey y'all, first time on this specific thread for me. I'm contemplating selling my bow (BowTech "The Legend" limited edition) and can't seem to find a place to sell it on the hide. I want to offer it to hide members before I go anywhere else. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• 20200827_132206.jpg
    20200827_132206.jpg
    668.9 KB · Views: 50
Got covered in poison ivy trying to hang a stand last week, may go get it again... gotta pull cards tonight anyhow

I’m packed up and ready to go heading from Pennsylvania to Southeast Montana powder river area with three tags in my pocket. Elk- either species of deer and Antelope.

Matthews Chill X 2015
70#
30.5” draw
305 fps
Slick tricks or G5 strikers
HHA 1 pin slider

Last edited:
Reactions: remmynikon.308
Running a 2017 Hoyt Pro Defiance Turbo
GoldTip Airstrikes
Wasp Drone 125g broadheads
Arrow weight is 446g
Black Gold Assent Verdict 5 pin slider

Next bow will be a PSE EVO NXT 33. Just waiting for a sale.
Screenshot_20200914-025758_Gallery.jpg

Deer season opens here in MN this Saturday! Will be out with the boy to try and atleast see some deer. Up where I hunt we have multiple cougars, timber wolves, and large deer. Would love to stick either of the cougar or the wolves, but Mn law won't allow it.

Have been shooting a Bear obsession I think its called. With an hha single pin sight. Shoot it for 3d competitions and hunting. Great bow for such a small price tag.

Deer season opens here in MN this Saturday! Will be out with the boy to try and atleast see some deer. Up where I hunt we have multiple cougars, timber wolves, and large deer. Would love to stick either of the cougar or the wolves, but Mn law won't allow it.

Have been shooting a Bear obsession I think its called. With an hha single pin sight. Shoot it for 3d competitions and hunting. Great bow for such a small price tag.
tenor.gif

SSS

If i were to get either one they would be mounted and on my wall. The one Timberwolf is black as night. Really cool looking. Will see if i can't get some trail cam pictures of them again. Will set up a camera on the gut pile

Helluva deer! I love that he is still in full velvet too. Don't see a ton of monsters like that in velvet

This will be my fourth season with bow, so far nothing to show for it but a bunch of peaceful mornings/evenings. Hopefully this is my year.
Elite energy 32 70#, 30.5”
Qad rest
GT hunter pro’s with 125gr stingers.

@Flightmurse - you will never get anything. nurses can't hunt. Proven fact. :rolleyes:

I are one too, though a desk jockey type for the most part these days.
Good luck on nabbing something? Guessing deer and not elk by the AM/PM comment?

Where are you?
Denver metro here

NO bow for me this year. too busy with work, kid, home schooling, etc.
Next year though.....

Like a lot of guys, I started out with an old cheap flea market compound, then got into a local bow club and went to recurves, then went to MoJam and started building selfbows. That was 22 years ago.

I've probably built 50+ stickbows from Osage Orange.

Well, then got into flintknapping and making rivercane arrows, braintanning deerskins, etc. primitive skills. Most of the guys I know here in Missouri all hunt with home made hedge bows & stone points. Wild turkey fletching, pine pitch glue, hide glue, etc. I taught bow building, hide tanning, flintknapping, pottery etc to boy scouts for a few years.

I still have all the compound stuff, recurves, as well as a crossbow. Its all fun!

I absolutely REFUSE to mess with atlatls, however.

Will be using a crossbow and not by choice. I’m still FUBAR’d . Maybe in a couple of years I can get back on the bow but at a lower weight.

Doing it for the first time in the Poconos. Going to be a cool time- didn’t think Army marksmanship would carry over so well to compound bows.
Word to the wise- don’t burn your serving string for more than a millisecond- frayed mine up trying to DIY. 🙊

Like a lot of guys, I started out with an old cheap flea market compound, then got into a local bow club and went to recurves, then went to MoJam and started building selfbows. That was 22 years ago.

I've probably built 50+ stickbows from Osage Orange.

Well, then got into flintknapping and making rivercane arrows, braintanning deerskins, etc. primitive skills. Most of the guys I know here in Missouri all hunt with home made hedge bows & stone points. Wild turkey fletching, pine pitch glue, hide glue, etc. I taught bow building, hide tanning, flintknapping, pottery etc to boy scouts for a few years.

I still have all the compound stuff, recurves, as well as a crossbow. Its all fun!

I absolutely REFUSE to mess with atlatls, however.

wheres the bow pics homie? they sound beautiful

Not the monster I was after the first few days but this guy was a screamer and wanted to play. Just couldn't pass him up. Passed on bigger bulls opening day and the days after, but after a while you just got to let an arrow fly. Buddy took the pic while I was having a "moment" with the bull.
DSC00401-3.jpg

Not the monster I was after the first few days but this guy was a screamer and wanted to play. Just couldn't pass him up. Passed on bigger bulls opening day and the days after, but after a while you just got to let an arrow fly. Buddy took the pic while I was having a "moment" with the bull. View attachment 7425352

Gives me hope for rifle season. Great job

Reactions: MOUNTIC
Just back from a quick trip to Colorado, accompanied a buddy who was on his first elk archery hunt. Rut kicked off with only 1.5 days left to hunt. Had a large herd bull we called in from over 500 yards away... hung up at 40 in the timber and eventually got our wind. He came in silent for the last 100 yards or so but some raking got him to chuckle and give himself away. Bow hunted for over a decade-- but 2017 was my last archery hunt (cow elk kill) thanks to a blown biceps tendon and then limited days to hunt b/c of work.

BUT- I have a rig ready to go for next year once I get the dust knocked off-

Bowtech Carbon Icon @ 65# (lefty)
Limb Driver Pro V
MBG Ascent
Tight Spot
Maxima Red SD w/ 125gr Swhacker (459gr total)