• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boycotting Starbucks over gun policy

Re: Boycotting Starbucks over gun policy

Stopped by on the way home yesterday and the wife and I got some hot drinks and scones. I asked the barista if they were hurting from the "boycott"...she said it was busier than usual.

Starbucks should ask the NGAC to boycott them maybe once a month...it would make the stockholders happy I'm sure!

First time i ever went to a starbucks was yesterday .... its 40 mins away one way lol - they are very pricy but good the woman enjoyed hers aswell

if anyone comes across some numbers on what happened for their profits for 2-14-12 id be interested to see them - googled but didnt find anything

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gildoom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The funny thing about stats, is how you compile them and what you want out of it.

Few years ago my wife was doing a CE, and had this one on suicide, suicide rates in Europe vs USA, among the nations, based on ethnic groups it is essentially the same. The difference between the US and Euros? It was how they did the deed. Gun suicides are used as a tool by the anti gun crowd, as well as gang shootings, to show violence blah blah. The irony in the thing is people in Europe were using drugs to commit suicide.

People are going to do bad things, its why we have Police, outlawing guns isn't going to get rid of violence, its just basic math. Keeping guns/weapons out of the hands of bad guys is the challenge, but no law will ever make a criminal obey the law, after all, they are a freaking criminal.

My wife had a tech years ago, who was wickedly anti gun, annoyed to no end that I owned (at the time only 3 weapons) a firearm. She assumed I was a criminal, that I was up to "no good", that I was just everything bad possible... One day she came in after this conversation to my wife's work, commented how she was so scared about how the Police Helicopter and informed her to stay indoors. The gal then said, "I slept with my handgun that night." My wife questioned, "wait you have a firearm?!" She replied back that she did, when my wife asked why you have one with thinking they are so evil, she just simply said... "I need it to protect myself."

That is the lack of a logic center 95% of these people have, trying to reason with it, is like teaching a German Shepard how to do differential equations. </div></div>

Great Post!

The truth is alot of people that use statistics cherry pic out the info, slant it, or down right lie about the results to favor their opinion. You see this with anti gun and even the vegetarian nuts. The same applies to statistics for minorities and violent crime in the US. The crimes were even across the board...white, black, or other the percentages are the same for criminals. Violence cannot be eliminated by simply removing guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gildoom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The funny thing about stats, is how you compile them and what you want out of it.

Few years ago my wife was doing a CE, and had this one on suicide, suicide rates in Europe vs USA, among the nations, based on ethnic groups it is essentially the same. The difference between the US and Euros? It was how they did the deed. Gun suicides are used as a tool by the anti gun crowd, as well as gang shootings, to show violence blah blah. The irony in the thing is people in Europe were using drugs to commit suicide.

People are going to do bad things, its why we have Police, outlawing guns isn't going to get rid of violence, its just basic math. Keeping guns/weapons out of the hands of bad guys is the challenge, but no law will ever make a criminal obey the law, after all, they are a freaking criminal.

My wife had a tech years ago, who was wickedly anti gun, annoyed to no end that I owned (at the time only 3 weapons) a firearm. She assumed I was a criminal, that I was up to "no good", that I was just everything bad possible... One day she came in after this conversation to my wife's work, commented how she was so scared about how the Police Helicopter and informed her to stay indoors. The gal then said, "I slept with my handgun that night." My wife questioned, "wait you have a firearm?!" She replied back that she did, when my wife asked why you have one with thinking they are so evil, she just simply said... "I need it to protect myself."

That is the lack of a logic center 95% of these people have, trying to reason with it, is like teaching a German Shepard how to do differential equations. </div></div>

Great Post!

The truth is alot of people that use statistics cherry pic out the info, slant it, or down right lie about the results to favor their opinion. You see this with anti gun and even the vegetarian nuts. The same applies to statistics for minorities and violent crime in the US. The crimes were even across the board...white, black, or other the percentages are the same for criminals. Violence cannot be eliminated by simply removing guns. </div></div>

+1

All statistics are subjective. Every Statistics Professor I've ever know has told their students that. Statistics = spin and can always be disproved. It's like saying 2 in 3 people suffer from Hysteria but your study involved 3 people in a mental ward. It can all be slanted depending on the group, the environment, the test used, and even the subject itself. Terminology can even have an adverse affect on the psychological reasoning to a subject. I.E. Homicide vs. Murder, Sexual Assault vs. Rape, Government Spending vs. Stealing from the Public, etc...