• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Mexico Governor Bans Open and Concealed Carry

And its gone.

And why is this only a temporary restraining order. It should havevbeen flat out squashed

Reactions: Pbgt
Late to the show so I'll just let Mickey speak for me.View attachment 8224657

retire that one and start using this one

1694651219514.png

And why is this only a temporary restraining order. It should havevbeen flat out squashed
Don’t know enough about the process, but I believe this Judge who made this ruling doesn’t have the power to do that, its gotta go further up for a more final decision. This is a win over her tyrannical shit.

Personally I think this will be recognized for what it is, and struck down.

Only the most extreme fucking whack job would see this as a health emergency

it’s complete horseshit

Edit- So the Judges order is good until October 3rd when there will be another hearing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maggot
I watched her reply to getting her hands slapped. She is going to increase state police presence in the big A to help combat crime and push for more more strict sentencing of criminals. Why in the hell couldn't she have just done this in the first place instead of trying to suspend the state and federal constitutions which even as dumb as she is knew she couldn't get away with? Me thinks it's to show she is on board with total gun control in hopes of being appointed to a federal job as she will be out of one when her term expires or maybe a run against Maryland Marty for senator. I have been watching her since she became a councilwoman for Albuquerque and she has always been an up in your face, I am smarter and know better than anyone what is needed type.

Marty really isn't eligible to be a senator as he has moved lock, stock, and barrel to Maryland and no longer lives in NM. No one seems to care though. Other than toeing the liberal line he's rather harmless as he has never sponsored a bill since being in the Senate.

Last edited:

Don’t know enough about the process, but I believe this Judge who made this ruling doesn’t have the power to do that, its gotta go further up for a more final decision. This is a win over her tyrannical shit.

Personally I think this will be recognized for what it is, and struck down.

Only the most extreme fucking whack job would see this as a health emergency

it’s complete horseshit

Edit- So the Judges order is good until October 3rd when there will be another hearing.

A TRO is a really high bar. It is essentially granted without any input from the other side. That is why it is strictly limited in time (as you wrote, the "T" in TRO stands for Temporary). The next ruling will be a preliminary injunction. That is a ruling that is in effect so long as the case is alive, basically until there is a final order, and that is the part where New Mexico has its first chance to fully brief the issue to the court and be heard at a hearing. That stays in place while the parties engage in discovery and through trial. Then, at the end of the case, is the final injunction that will flat out quash, unless reversed on appeal.

The fact that the judge granted a TRO, however, is a really good sign that the good guys will win on the rest of it.

As far as TROs go, though, be careful what you wish for. When you declare something should, as a matter of legal procedure, be flat out quashed and not temporary in nature, without the other side having an opportunity to be heard, you should be aware that once that is the rule of law, it can be used against you, too. It is better to have a fair procedure for disputes to be heard. You may need that fairness one day.

The TRO freezes everything so that the parties can be heard on whether a preliminary injunction should be granted. Then that stays in place for the duration of the case.

I hope this all makes sense.

A TRO is a really high bar. It is essentially granted without any input from the other side. That is why it is strictly limited in time (as you wrote, the "T" in TRO stands for Temporary). The next ruling will be a preliminary injunction. That is a ruling that is in effect so long as the case is alive, basically until there is a final order, and that is the part where New Mexico has its first chance to fully brief the issue to the court and be heard at a hearing. That stays in place while the parties engage in discovery and through trial. Then, at the end of the case, is the final injunction that will flat out quash, unless reversed on appeal.

The fact that the judge granted a TRO, however, is a really good sign that the good guys will win on the rest of it.

As far as TROs go, though, be careful what you wish for. When you declare something should, as a matter of legal procedure, be flat out quashed and not temporary in nature, without the other side having an opportunity to be heard, you should be aware that once that is the rule of law, it can be used against you, too. It is better to have a fair procedure for disputes to be heard. You may need that fairness one day.

The TRO freezes everything so that the parties can be heard on whether a preliminary injunction should be granted. Then that stays in place for the duration of the case.

I hope this all makes sense.
Yes it does make sense.

And I think the be careful what you wish for paragraph, really hammers home the point that both parties need make their arguments in a court room.

This is a prefect example of our system working as intended. There is still hope.

What does this mean, all 9 judges?
I got the 9 judge comment from yesterday's news but did your work for you. The 5th district court consists of 17 appellate judges and 9 senior judges. I would imagine the 9 senior judges will review the suit and make a determination. A simple Google search would have told you this just like it did me.

Quote: Breitbart reported on “CNN Primetime” that show host Abby Phillip asked Warren, “New Mexico’s governor, Michelle Lujan Grisham, a Democrat, she’s issued this temporary order that bans both open and concealed carry of firearms in Albuquerque and in the surrounding county. Do you believe that that is the right move? Do you think it’s even legal?”

Warren refused to answer directly, launching into a long political statement:

I want to put it this way: I think that our mayors and our governors have the hardest job in the world right now when it comes to gun violence. Keep in mind, for example, in the District of Columbia, a few years back, D.C. said, we just want to basically ban carrying guns, and good for D.C. They said it was going to bring down gun violence, and they were right. And then, an extremist United States Supreme Court said, nope, we’re not going to let you do it, and then Congress wouldn’t act to try to give them some of the tools to help fight gun violence. And yet, it’s those same governors and those same mayors who are then held responsible for the rise in violence. So, I say this, is they’re caught in the switches, and they’re doing everything they possibly can to reduce gun violence and to try to save the lives of our children, our neighbors, everyone.”

I posted a video from Tom Grieve somewhere up thread. This guy is so good I will post his latest short, no bullshit video on what the court stay means, IN ENGLISH. Complete with all the easy to read big red type font for the arguments.

Reactions: cornhusker86

Quote: Breitbart reported on “CNN Primetime” that show host Abby Phillip asked Warren, “New Mexico’s governor, Michelle Lujan Grisham, a Democrat, she’s issued this temporary order that bans both open and concealed carry of firearms in Albuquerque and in the surrounding county. Do you believe that that is the right move? Do you think it’s even legal?”

Warren refused to answer directly, launching into a long political statement:
That's not all she said. I posted a Daily Mail article on another thread where she called SCOTUS "extremists"

I posted a video from Tom Grieve somewhere up thread. This guy is so good I will post his latest short, no bullshit video on what the court stay means, IN ENGLISH. Complete with all the easy to read big red type font for the arguments.

Ho hum. another talking head taking an extremely long road to explain this issue. Most of this could be gleaned from yesterday's afternoon news cast.

As to Warren everyone knows which side she will take on any issue. This is the gal that rails against the high cost of college tuition yet took a million bucks to teach a one semester meaningless class at a prestigious university. Lizzy looks out for only Lizzy. Anything that comes out of her mouth is bullshit and hot air.

Ho hum. another talking head taking an extremely long road to explain this issue. Most of this could be gleaned from yesterday's afternoon news cast.

As to Warren everyone knows which side she will take on any issue. This is the gal that rails against the high cost of college tuition yet took a million bucks to teach a one semester meaningless class at a prestigious university. Lizzy looks out for only Lizzy. Anything that comes out of her mouth is bullshit and hot air.
Okie dokie. I apologize for not being as smart as you think you are...

• Haha
Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
I got the 9 judge comment from yesterday's news but did your work for you. The 5th district court consists of 17 appellate judges and 9 senior judges. I would imagine the 9 senior judges will review the suit and make a determination. A simple Google search would have told you this just like it did me.
Well, username checks out, based on your response to me and to JAS-SH.

But as for your post, quoted above, it is practically gibberish.

Judge Urias is a federal judge. President Biden appointed him. The TRO is in federal court, not in any state court. So no simple Google search would have informed me that a federal judge's TRO would be reviewed by 9 senior judges in a state court system, mainly because that is not how it works, kiddo.

Did my work for me . . . :LOL:

Last edited:
But as for your post, quoted above, it is practically gibberish.
Evidently reading comprehension is not your long suit. You asked the question of what 9 judges meant and I gave you a clear and simple answer.

Yes, it was federal court so that is what I did the search for. It took less than 2 minutes to find and read. State court has never been mentioned. Duh, Take care of your own house before belittling someone else's as it appears your's needs quite a bit of work.

I am done with this. Bye now and have a nice rest of your day, kiddo.

Evidently reading comprehension is not your long suit. You asked the question of what 9 judges meant and I gave you a clear and simple answer.

Yes, it was federal court so that is what I did the search for. It took less than 2 minutes to find and read. State court has never been mentioned. Duh, Take care of your own house before belittling someone else's as it appears your's needs quite a bit of work.

There is also another court that famously has 9 judges. The US supreme court. So calling out nine judges doesn't automatically bring to mind the correct court. Not everybody has read everything you have. Specifity can help especially in text communications.

A little advice that you are welcome to ignore. You are a little newer to this forum. You have been here less than a week. People can be a little abrasive especially in the Bear Pit. Don't take everything personally. Somebody asking for clarification in meaning doesn't always warrant belittling.

Reactions: Lange Carabine
There is also another court that famously has 9 judges. The US supreme court. So calling out nine judges doesn't automatically bring to mind the correct court. Not everybody has read everything you have. Specifity can help especially in text communications.

A little advice that you are welcome to ignore. You are a little newer to this forum. You have been here less than a week. People can be a little abrasive especially in the Bear Pit. Don't take everything personally. Somebody asking for clarification in meaning doesn't always warrant belittling.

The only reason I am "new" is because the website stops allowing me on with my user name and password and the replies to "change your password" never appear in my email. I chose "frustrated" as my new identity because that is what I have become. I have been around for sometime under one identity and another and understand the mind set of many members here.. What got to me was being accused of posting gibberish when it was a clear and consise answer. Your brush should paint both ways. Also the 5th Judicial court has been the only one mentioned. No state or the US Supreme Court has been in the discussion.

The only reason I am "new" is because the website stops allowing me on with my user name and password and the replies to "change your password" never appear in my email. I chose "frustrated" as my new identity because that is what I have become. I have been around for sometime under one identity and another and understand the mind set of many members here.. What got to me was being accused of posting gibberish when it was a clear and consise answer. Your brush should paint both ways. Also the 5th Judicial court has been the only one mentioned. No state or the US Supreme Court has been in the discussion.
Choid is that you?

So who were you? Have you contacted mods or others for help?

So who were you? Have you contacted mods or others for help?
Last one was Arrowhead 17. A mod has already offered help and sent me an email which just like the previous ones never arrived in my inbox or even junk email. It is strange as I receive notification of activity on threads I have been on but never for a password reset or from a moderator. I could have chosen "confused" just as well as "frustrated".

Reactions: LeftyJason
The 5th district court consists of 17 appellate judges and 9 senior judges. I would imagine the 9 senior judges will review the suit and make a determination. A simple Google search would have told you this just like it did me.

State court has never been mentioned.

These two posts contradict each other.

Can you figure out why?

Who gives a fuck what any court says?

Disobey

I am guessing almost everyone did. There was a large demonstration on the capital grounds with people openly carrying handguns and rifles. No one bothered them.
Which proves the government is powerless without our consent.

Reactions: NoDopes
I am guessing almost everyone did. There was a large demonstration on the capital grounds with people openly carrying handguns and rifles. No one bothered them.

Which proves the government is powerless without our consent.
All true, but if the state troopers backed the Governor and were serious, it could have turned out very differently. Do you remember the Sheriff's Office in Texas that showed up with the Bearcat at the armed rally with AR15s at Big Daddy Zane's bar during covid?

Law enforcement backed up the Governor's order in that case, and, instead of fight, half a dozen of them meekly went to jail. So what was the point of showing up with weapons to defy the Governor's order?

Of course, it is unknown what would have happened in New Mexico had the state troopers showed up in force and cracked down, but probably the same thing. I see too many thin blue line bumper stickers on trucks with 2A bumper stickers, which presents an interesting cognitive dissonance.

The group held rallies in Frisco, at Salon A La Mode in Dallas, Ice House in Oyster Creek, Anytime Fitness and Big Daddy Zane's Bar in West Texas.

They were met with a military tank.

One American veteran commented on Twitter, “When I was in Iraq, we were lucky to have 1 MRAP with us while on patrol. Most of us in regular Humvee's. Why on God's green earth does a sheriff department have an MRAP??? Did I miss the part where the sheriff dept. was plagued by IED's on American streets?”

Ector County Sheriff’s Office charged Gabrielle Ellison, the bar owner, with Violations of Emergency Management Plan. She was released on bond.

Of the protesters, Ellison said, “They were practicing their second amendment right to protect my first amendment right. They have no business being in this jail, they had no right arresting me.”

In response, Sheriff Griffis told NewsWest 9, “Why draw attention to yourselves? I mean she could have opened up and we might not have known about it until the next day but when you cause this kind of commotion we’re going to take action.”

According to Ellison, the group was not on a licensed premise – despite the charges six protesters are facing, NewsWest9 reports.

“It was intimidation, it was excess power, and you taxpayers should be mad about this,” Ellison said.

In response, Griffis defended coming in with a military tank, saying, “We do it all the time, that was loaned to us by the federal government and we use it each time.”

LE will keep enforcing this crap until they face the likelihood that enforcement means they may not return home to the wife/kids in the evening...

It's easy for them to justify enforcing unconstitutional laws/orders when courts overturn them. Everyone plays along and after the courts smack it down, everyone shrugs their shoulders and the whole thing starts over.

If things got ugly and people left in body bags then a lot of LE might start to think... "Not only is this unconstitutional, it could also mean I never get to see another sunrise."

(Maybe a law introduced in the legislature that any representative or agent of the state who enacts/enforces an unconstitutional law/order will be fired and loss of pension.)

The 2A is there to allow the citizenry to violently murder would-be dictators (or their agents) who try to impose tyranny. Until some blood flows the would-be dictators will keep throwing these shit laws/orders at the wall hoping they'll stick.

Also, while I applaud many sheriffs/chiefs who announce they won't enforce these types of laws/orders... It isn't really enough. As soon as Governor Dumb Bitch announced this order she should have been removed from her office in cuffs being drug by her hair... Preferably to receive a double tap in the back of her empty head on the steps of the state capitol... But that's negotiable.

Mike

All true, but if the state troopers backed the Governor and were serious, it could have turned out very differently. Do you remember the Sheriff's Office in Texas that showed up with the Bearcat at the armed rally with AR15s at Big Daddy Zane's bar during covid?

Law enforcement backed up the Governor's order in that case, and, instead of fight, half a dozen of them meekly went to jail. So what was the point of showing up with weapons to defy the Governor's order?

Of course, it is unknown what would have happened in New Mexico had the state troopers showed up in force and cracked down, but probably the same thing. I see too many thin blue line bumper stickers on trucks with 2A bumper stickers, which presents an interesting cognitive dissonance.
If you're going to defy unconstitutional authority you need to be willing to kill and, if need be, die for the cause.

Reactions: 232593
LE will keep enforcing this crap until they face the likelihood that enforcement means they may not return home to the wife/kids in the evening...

If things got ugly and people left in body bags then a lot of LE might start to think... "Not only is this unconstitutional, it could also mean I never get to see another sunrise."

The 2A is there to allow the citizenry to violently murder would-be dictators (or their agents) who try to impose tyranny. Until some blood flows the would-be dictators will keep throwing these shit laws/orders at the wall hoping they'll stick.
Pretty much this. Every time the left gets bolder and more tyrannical, and cops go along, is one step closer to some severe negative reactions.

It's easy for them to justify enforcing unconstitutional laws/orders when courts overturn them. Everyone plays along and after the courts smack it down, everyone shrugs their shoulders and the whole thing starts over.

(Maybe a law introduced in the legislature that any representative or agent of the state who enacts/enforces an unconstitutional law/order will be fired and loss of pension.)

Also, while I applaud many sheriffs/chiefs who announce they won't enforce these types of laws/orders... It isn't really enough. As soon as Governor Dumb Bitch announced this order she should have been removed from her office in cuffs being drug by her hair... Preferably to receive a double tap in the back of her empty head on the steps of the state capitol... But that's negotiable.

Mike

If you're going to defy unconstitutional authority you need to be willing to kill and, if need be, die for the cause.
There's no reason to play their game. A confrontation is what they want and they will have the advantage of bringing as many people as they need. There's currently two threads on this in the pit and people can not connect the dots.

There's no reason to play their game. A confrontation is what they want and they will have the advantage of bringing as many people as they need. There's currently two threads on this in the pit and people can not connect the dots.

Outstanding speech last weekend in Michigan from Tucker. Only bits on Twitter/X, the full thing I will repost here again. So relevant to all things happening especially THIS.

Last edited: