• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors "Braked-suppressor" options; leaning towards Area 419 Maverick

K2e2vin

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2014
Just wondering if any new or other options besides Area 419 Maverick and Silencerco Omega? I'm leaning towards the Maverick right now mainly because of how modular it is (one can for 16" AR308, 20" 300wsm, and 24" 300wm). For those that used it, does the brake help with the magnums much at all? Not really too concerned with "hearing-safe" so long as it still dampens the sound a bit to where a leak in my earpro won't cause me to go deaf.

What are you looking to ultimately achieve? Are you looking for a better recoil impulse than what a standard suppressor offers?

KGM has tunable ports at the end of their suppressors, such as the R30.

Abel Co. Biscuit was designed to have a really nice recoil impulse on precision rifles, I know @lowlight speaks highly of his for that purpose. This feature also helps mitigating back pressure on your semi-auto platforms.

Not sure what else is out there for this purpose, but those two above are certainly worth a look.

Reactions: K2e2vin
Dead air has a break you can buy for the nomad its around 100 bucks. Might be worth checking out

Are you looking for a better recoil impulse than what a standard suppressor offers?
That's basically the gist of it. I have a brake on all of my rifles right now, but I do want something a little quieter. I should say I'm more looking for something that reduces muzzle rise/jump since whole reason I run a brake is to help me spot my shots.

That's basically the gist of it. I have a brake on all of my rifles right now, but I do want something a little quieter.

Gotcha.

Suppressors are much more pleasant than brakes.

I would definitely look into the options I posted. Designed to accomplish what you are asking for.

Gotcha.

Suppressors are much more pleasant than brakes.

I would definitely look into the options I posted. Designed to accomplish what you are asking for.
Definitely and thank you very much! I guess I have some research to do!

Reactions: kthomas
Check out the KGM R30K. Should bring the decibel level down substantially while providing a nice reduction of recoil, all while being lightweight and compact.

Attachments

• 7C1FED0C-4713-466C-A01B-59D1618711DC.jpeg
    7C1FED0C-4713-466C-A01B-59D1618711DC.jpeg
    482 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: kthomas