• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brass Cleaning and Annealing for SH Members!

If u have any more questions PM me or start a new thread in the reloading depot cuz were hijacking killshots thread
Yes, sorry OP. I'm happy to delete my posts to clean up the mess. Let me know.

I ordered LRP Lapua brass. Thanks for info. Will be in touch with Killshot when I'm ready.

Na ur cool, prolly dont need to delete em, ive been trying to get ahold of killshot to get my brass annealed and he hasnt responded in days. I dont know whats going on. Fire that lapua brass 3 times and anneal. I do it in 3 firing cycles and i run a stiff load. 175grain sierra matchking at 2830 fps out of 308 win, 30 inch krieger barrel

Hey guys, I don’t mind the discussion here as it’s helpful to others who might have those questions. Sorry I wasn’t able to add my two cents over the weekend.

I agree with the above. Doing load development with a variety of case makes is a waste of time and components. Best to order 200 cases of Lapua and keep track of your loads and times fired. Annealing will Extend the life of your brass and should bring continuity to load development.

Some will set aside 50 or so cases from their lot of 200 and use these exclusively for testing, them move to the other brass for final use in matches or for hunting.

With care, your brass will be fine until the primer pockets begins to loosen. Loose pockets will result in pressure changes (drops) which will show up on the chronograph and on target.

Reactions: rybern
Xgunny sargent,
You still offering annealing services?
I have about 100-300 300wsm and 100-300 35 remingtons that need to be annealed.
Thanks Art.

Xgunny sargent,
You still offering annealing services?
I have about 100 300wsm and 100 35 remingtons that need to be annealed.
Thanks Art.

Sorry for not seeing these posts sooner!

Yes, I’m still doing the SS Cleaning and Annealing (includes removing fired primers).

I do not perform sizing.

PM me with any questions; I’ll get an email alert and can reply quickly.

Bob

Great and thanks for the reply.
What process do you use to anneal brass?
I have to sort through a BUNCH of 300wsm and 35 Rem Brass once that is done I will contact you again.
I am going to be bow then rifle hunting for the next 12 days so I wont be able to do anything with my brass till after that.

Thanks once again.
Art

Art, I use Bench-Source Annealing machines. Have used an infrared temperature gauge and a force measure to determine the length of time the brass is in the flame to Anneal the brass correctly.

Ten years and tens of thousands of brass annealed, pretty much have it figured out.

Reactions: Loner and DIBBS
Yes! Just .05/case for cases which have already been cleaned with SS Media.There’s a $10 minimum (ie; 200 cases).

@Killshot44 are you still providing the annealing and cleaning service? I have about 350-400 cases that I would like to have done.

Yes, I am!

Sorry for the late response. For some reason I’m not getting a notice when someone posts in the thread.

Bob

Been getting some orders lately despite half of the country freezing its ass off

Been a while since I posted a Before and After... just processed these yesterday.

Before
062A6A77-785E-48F5-BE67-5EB146A80680.jpeg

After
311749EC-4F67-4A58-A4F8-D522135D8B9F.png

Primer pockets as well as the insides are factory-clean, too.

Send me your poor, tired dirty brass and be ready for shooting season.

Bob

Attachments

• 3E75B704-C831-4C06-A4BC-5E052A14A778.jpeg
    3E75B704-C831-4C06-A4BC-5E052A14A778.jpeg
    556.9 KB · Views: 146
After frozen pipes and no electricity, the sheriffs office putting us on mandatory 12’s with no days off, working accident after accident......TODAY I will be boxing mine up and sending it to you. ; )

CB614E03-2E8B-433C-8B6C-61A2DC83C4AD.jpeg

I love it when I get these!

A lot depends on your methods, of course, but annealing really can help restore a previously accurate load that might have slipped due to bullet tension.
As well as extending the life of your hard to get brass!

How many 6.5CM/ .308 brass fit in each of the different sized USPS Priority Flat Rate shipping boxes?
About 110-120 or so will fit in flat rate small. Medium holds much more than double that.

It’s been a while since I posted.

I moved a few weeks ago and I’ve got the shop all set up again.
I replied to those who inquired in late April/early May.

I’m still doing a Full Service (deprime/SS clean/machine anneal) for just .10 per case. This hasn’t changed since I started in 2010. 👍🏻
Also offer an Anneal-Only Service if your cases have already been cleaned* with SS Media or by Ultrasonic. This is just .05 per case.
* no exceptions

The new address is
3320 Alfonso Drive
Concord, CA 94518

Last edited:
ATTENTION!!! Please Read

As I've mentioned in the past, I have a disability which can impact my availability to work on brass.

Things have worsened and I'm having more bad days than good days.

Because of this I'm forced to stop offering the cleaning and annealing service, effective now.

Since 2011 I've done many thousands of cases for hundreds of Hide members and hope I was able to contribute to the group.

Good Shooting to you all.

Bob Ariana

I'm so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you. Your health is far more important. Thank you for the great brass.

@Killshot44 thanks for the update, and best of luck with your health. Please let us know if prayers are welcome.

Brass cleaning questions for you, or anyone who wants to chime in.

I'm having trouble with spotty brass after wet tumbling. This is without pins, just room temp water, a bit of Simple Green, and a 1/4 Teaspoon of lemishine. They come out looking fantastic, I rinse them very will with completely soft water, then into the oven at 175 to dry,

When I take them out of the oven, the vast majority have some spots on them.

Any suggestions? Am I not rinsing well enough? Something else in my process?

@Killshot44 thanks for the update, and best of luck with your health. Please let us know if prayers are welcome.

I'm having trouble with spotty brass after wet tumbling. This is without pins, just room temp water, a bit of Simple Green, and a 1/4 Teaspoon of lemishine. They come out looking fantastic, I rinse them very will with completely soft water, then into the oven at 175 to dry,

I got hard water and I have the same issues so I use tap water for the initial cleaning and then use distilled water for a rinse cleaning for 30 mins. Then they go in the dryer. Annealed then sizing which I use die wax so they go in corners to get the wax off and I let it run for about a hour to polish whatever water stains are left and im good to go

I got hard water and I have the same issues so I use tap water for the initial cleaning and then use distilled water for a rinse cleaning for 30 mins. Then they go in the dryer. Annealed then sizing which I use die wax so they go in corners to get the wax off and I let it run for about a hour to polish whatever water stains are left and im good to go
Corn cob*

Have you tried a couple drops of rinse aid (aka jetdry) in your rinse water?

Reactions: Jmkjr87
Have you tried a couple drops of rinse aid (aka jetdry) in your rinse water?
I have not attempted that yet.

i Just ran a batch with a squirt of dish soap + lemishine instead of simple green + lemi, and the results were better. Less spotty. But not perfectly spotless.

I’ll process next batch with dish soap, small amount of lemi, and a drop of rinse aid.

I have not attempted that yet.

i Just ran a batch with a squirt of dish soap + lemishine instead of simple green + lemi, and the results were better. Less spotty. But not perfectly spotless.

I’ll process next batch with dish soap, small amount of lemi, and a drop of rinse aid.
Everyone's got their own thing, but I prefer car wash. Dish soap is formulated to cut food grease. I don't know about you, but my used brass isn't greasy. Dish soap also assumes that you're going to dry the dishes by hand, so they don't add a rinse aid. Car wash is made to encapsulate and lift particulates, and usually has an additive to cause water beading, which might help with spots. Just my oh-two.

Everyone's got their own thing, but I prefer car wash. Dish soap is formulated to cut food grease. I don't know about you, but my used brass isn't greasy. Dish soap also assumes that you're going to dry the dishes by hand, so they don't add a rinse aid. Car wash is made to encapsulate and lift particulates, and usually has an additive to cause water beading, which might help with spots. Just my oh-two.
How much car wash do u add and what kind?

How much car wash do u add and what kind?
I like this stuff, but anything wash and wax will probably work. Couple tablespoons, or a good squirt in the Frankford Arsenal Tumblr, never really measure it out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210729-063239_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20210729-063239_Brave.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 107
ATTENTION!!! Please Read

As I've mentioned in the past, I have a disability which can impact my availability to work on brass.

Things have worsened and I'm having more bad days than good days.

Because of this I'm forced to stop offering the cleaning and annealing service, effective now.

Since 2011 I've done many thousands of cases for hundreds of Hide members and hope I was able to contribute to the group.

Good Shooting to you all.

Bob Ariana
Sorry to hear about your health issues; I have some coming up in the distant future, hopefully, way distant. Getting old ain't for sissies, they say. If the following isn't in bad taste, I'd like to offer my services. I'm having to retire early, and one thing I've done is start a company that performs the same service, plus many more. Hopefully, Frank won't spank me for this; my website is www.VooDooBrassWorks.com . We do a wide variety of services such as deprime, clean, anneal, but also size, trim, turn, set neck tension, weight sort brass, sort bullets by base to ogive, we also have prepared, previously fired brass available. We source previously fired match brass, decap, clean & anneal for sale, as well as fully prepared, or, prepared to your specs. Thanks for reading, and thanks, Frank, in advance for a light penance ;)

Glad to see someone’s out there doing this for you guys.

FYI: when SS tumbling I use COLD water (for some reason hot water leaves spots🤷🏻‍♂️) and a palmfull of Lemishine with three tablespoons of Joy dishwashing soap.
When done tumbling I empty the barrel of dirty water (use a magnet near the mouth to catch any pins) and refill it, empty and fill again. Then I shake 2 or 3 cases under water to remove the pins inside, rinse in running cold water and then towel dry the whole batch.
I just let the cases air dry overnight before Annealing them.
Depending on the # of times fired, you can use less soap but the same amount of Lemishine.
The citric acid in the Lemishine helps clean the brass, the soap just suspends the dirt in the water.

YMMV

Bob

Thanks bob for helping me get my new endeavor started and making me a smoking deal on the equipment.
hopefully I’m able to pick up where you left off helping SH members prep their brass.
Prayers for you brother hope everything works out for you

Reactions: camocorvette