• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bridge Collaspe!! Americas enemy's are targeting its soft under belly.

Fox News calling all the searches and rescue workers heroes. WTF. Apparently you can be labeled hero for doing just about anything nowadays. SMH.
Pretty dickheadish thing to say. It's like saying soldiers aren't heros for doing heroic acts and saving people...they are getting paid to do that. As a combat vet who has seen a dude earn a silver star ( one should have been a MOH) more than once, these guys are doing a job that is just as dangerous for the same shitty pay.

Getting called out at 2am to search for bodies and survivors in freezing water in a little ass boat with debris and unstable bridge remains all around you, plus they had no idea if there is any hazmat. You are in the middle off a channel over a half a mile from shore. FF rescue and divers risking their lives to try and find people is heroic and they deserve some respect.

DEI = DIE

All about bringing america down and the useful idiots / women are all for it

501039D0-623F-41F0-ADD8-981BCCDA856E.png

A2AEE2BA-8E01-4EF4-B803-FCDCD4C4A07E.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Fig
Low tide was at 1:22 AM. Crashed occurred at 1:30AM.

Current should have been been pretty slack. Wind looks non existent from the video.

Has anyone answered why the bridge was being approched at ramming speed?

Looks like whoever was steering the ship stayed with it until right before impact. You can see somebody get up and bolt right before it hits and the lights go out. I'm all for a good conspiracy and all but unless we find out some politician or someone of importance was on that bridge I'm leaning toward mechanical malfunction and accidental demolition of the bridge.

If they wanted to really cause some terror they'd have crashed the ship into that bridge around 7:30am.
Or just a good distraction and prepping is for another theft scheme aka “infrastructure bill

Reactions: UNRL Ghandi
It never ceases to amaze me how quick our members transformer to experts no matter the subject. Yesterday we were full of Russian, CIA, torture experts and today we all of the sudden full of ship captains, sea fairing experts, transportation experts, tug boat experts, and people that just so happen to live right under this fucking bridge.

Truth be told.......I think we have an abundance of "full of shitters"! To the new people......the only advice I would take on this forum is gun related........
Well, you are right in as much as I have not served on a container ship and all my knowledge comes from ESWS, being a Navy Navigator, and holding an unlimited commercial license. I've served on some big ships, and I find it hard to believe that the bridge is the only place to steer one of those ships. Much smaller vessels have redundant systems for an emergency. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, because the helmsman doesn't have to "see". The conning officer has to see. The helmsman just follows orders and even on the bridge he can't "see" . The helmsman may be actually steering, but he isn't deciding what to do.

Dropping anchor at 8 kts would cause zero damage to the ship or the windlass. Now, there's no guarantee it would stop the ship in time, but it is what should have been done when the ship wasn't under command in a navigation channel. Dropping anchor and changing lighting would be number one and number two. Trying to go DIW and alerting all the craft around you that you are not under command. Calling a mayday would be third, though every pilot carries a radio. What were they doing?

Yes, all pure speculation, but it will be interesting to see what actually happened. Most of the procedures are standard. Those don't seem to be followed. There may be a valid reason why they weren't, but to me it looks like mistakes were made.

20 construction workers were on top span when it went down. All presumed dead.
Yeah from what I hear they were all yellow truck parasites sleeping in their trucks. The actual workers from the private sector were actually working and got off.

This From someone close by

Reactions: Bullfrog08
Yeah from what I hear they were all yellow truck parasites sleeping in their trucks. The actual workers from the private sector were actually working and got off.

This From someone close by

Why speak this way of the dead? Not one of us is perfect.

Should you maybe change your handle to ButthurtBurt? :LOL:

The lack of engineering knowledge alone makes me cringe. Do you people actually believe this shit?

If yes, then the enemy do not need to do anything. You are doing psy-ops against yourself. Congratulations!
Where did anyone say the believed or disbelieved anything in that video? Now that you spoke up, clue us as to your proven ability's in your back round. As some of us here retired from areas other than, misinformation. Then there are those here who might know what it would take to steal control of anything computer controlled, or PLC driven.

Reactions: NoDopes
Ships captain was a Ukrainian national.......

Doc

Why was the pilot running at 8+ knts with such a large heavy load headed through a tight pass under the bridge?

Wind was nil, current was nil. Why so fast approaching the bridge?

Reactions: wildcats
Demo expert explains/shows probable thermite explosive charges @ critical points. Black Swan event, destruction of America financially, economically, strategically....

Think Twin Towers, Bldg7....

Reactions: HD1911
It never ceases to amaze me how a pretty straightforward industrial accident ... floats all the conspiracy theorists to the top of the gene pool. Isn't it possible that a series of unfortunate accidents and/or mistakes on a large container ship caused that ship to strike a pylon catastrophically damaging a 50-year-old bridge that was never engineered to withstand a strike of that magnitude? Right ... can't happen ... not possible ... much more likely it's the result of a hoard of democrat pedophile lizard-people throwing explosive pizzas at the engine room in an act of sabotage carefully coordinated with a strike to the same pylon by Jewish space-lasers ... (blah blah blah). 🚢🦎🍕🛰️ ... 🤣

Why was the pilot running at 8+ knts with such a large heavy load headed through a tight pass under the bridge?

Not the pilot's responsibility. That belongs to the master who was on watch at the time (the "Captain" being the chief "master"). The pilot (especially a harbor pilot) is only responsible for the position of the boat relative to the waterway. What is the boat's present location? Is it on course? Are there any obstructions along the way. Is the current causing issues? Are they about to encounter shallow water and (potentially) "go aground?" All of that is the responsibility of the pilot. The master is responsible for the speed, inertia and overall ship handling of the vessel, etc. And if the master felt that the pilot was leading the ship astray, it would be his responsibility to take evasive action (stop the boat), turn hard in one direction, etc. Of Course, a boat like that would take several miles to stop dead. I wish I had a clip for it but there's a scene in the West Wing (Season 2) episode "Bad Moon Rising" where a Coast Guard Lt. comes to explain to Sam Seaborn why the ship he bought his previous client crashed. Apparently, the ship was traveling at 18Kts. The master threw it into reverse and dropped anchor. THe anchor broke! She stated it would take 6 miles for the ship to come to a complete stop, given the above conditions and the gross tonage of the ship.

It never ceases to amaze me how a pretty straightforward industrial accident ... floats all the conspiracy theorists to the top of the gene pool. Isn't it possible that a series of unfortunate accidents and/or mistakes on a large container ship caused that ship to strike a pylon catastrophically damaging a 50-year-old bridge that was never engineered to withstand a strike of that magnitude? Right ... can't happen ... not possible ... much more likely it's the result of a hoard of democrat pedophile lizard-people throwing explosive pizzas at the engine room in an act of sabotage carefully coordinated with a strike to the same pylon by Jewish space-lasers ... (blah blah blah). 🚢🦎🍕🛰️ ... 🤣
It never ceases to amaze me how some folks never question authority while being fed a pretty odd sequence of events…they just get in the boxcar and never ask why. JMHO

Not the pilot's responsibility. That belongs to the master who was on watch at the time (the "Captain" being the chief "master"). The pilot (especially a harbor pilot) is only responsible for the position of the boat relative to the waterway. What is the boat's present location? Is it on course? Are there any obstructions along the way. Is the current causing issues? Are they about to encounter shallow water and (potentially) "go aground?" All of that is the responsibility of the pilot. The master is responsible for the speed, inertia and overall ship handling of the vessel, etc. ...
Really?

Maybe things work otherwise in the USA.

Well, you are right in as much as I have not served on a container ship and all my knowledge comes from ESWS, being a Navy Navigator, and holding an unlimited commercial license.

Dont worry people questioned me in some of the threads on the various Boeing things... until I said "I currently fly xxx Boeing, and am type rated in XXX other Boeing and XXX other aircraft"... but I dont really know what I am talking about having only been an airline pilot for 18 years...

There may be a min speed for self maneuver. Might have no or limited rudder authority below that. Hell if its like my Ski Nautique if I dont have the prop turning at really low speeds I have zero rudder authority.

My guess is that ship will do 15+ kts in open seas. 8kts is about 6.5mph give or take. Thats slightly faster than a walking pace(generally considered ~4mph)... I wouldnt call that "fast" no matter the vessel.

Reactions: Maciej
Really?

Maybe things work otherwise in the USA.

Well, that's how it's "supposed" to work in the USA, per the US Coast Guard. They issue licenses for crew to serve in these functions. A person who is licensed as a "Master" has the overall responsibility of operating the vessel, but specifically the ship handling (speed, inertia, close quarter movements near the dock, etc.). A "pilot" has a separate lineage and is responsible for knowing everything about the waterway for which they have that pilotage. The currents, markings (buoys, etc.), obstructions, shallow areas to avoid, channels, everything. They guide the Master and the helmsman (also called a quartermaster), through all of that, but the Master and the helmsman/quartermaster actually operate the vessel. Now, any good shipping line will also have all their pilots be licensed as Masters, anyway. So any of them (as Masters) could operate the vessel. But they all report to the Captain, who bears ultimate responsibility.

Reactions: NoDopes
Dont worry people questioned me in some of the threads on the various Boeing things... until I said "I currently fly xxx Boeing, and am type rated in XXX other Boeing and XXX other aircraft"... but I dont really know what I am talking about having only been an airline pilot for 18 years...

There may be a min speed for self maneuver. Might have no or limited rudder authority below that. Hell if its like my Ski Nautique if I dont have the prop turning at really low speeds I have zero rudder authority.

My guess is that ship will do 15+ kts in open seas. 8kts is about 6.5mph give or take. Thats slightly faster than a walking pace(generally considered ~4mph)... I wouldnt call that "fast" no matter the vessel.
Knot equals 1.15078 mph

R

lol. What's your track record for dismissing conspiracies? I'll bet you're batting .001 for the 2020s. When a man is wrong 99% of the time he will reexamine his core beliefs. Leftists double down.

So, while I am very slow to accept conspiracy theories, I know I've been wrong about them so often that I have learned not to simply dismiss them, but to keep an open mind. Something @rustyinbend has never done in his life.

It never ceases to amaze me how some folks never question authority while being fed a pretty odd sequence of events…they just get in the boxcar and never ask why. JMHO
Oh ... I question authority all the time when presented with an odd series of events that directly impact me. (a) This isn't a particularly odd series of events ... ref: Occam's Razor ... where the explanation with the least complexity and smallest list of variables, tends to be the correct one. And ... (b) I have zero impact on the "authority" that will be responsible for investigating and explaining this event, so questioning it is generally irrelevant. And I don't think complex conspiracy theorization in an online shooters forum actually constitutes "questioning authority". But I could be wrong.

Reactions: jrassy

Um no. 8 knots is 9.2mph.

Germans: "We are just relocating them to a resort on the Mediterranean..."
Years later...
German Citizens: "We HaD nO iDeA aBoUt ThE cAmPs!"

US Now:
"Most secure election in history."
"Our southern border is secure."
"They aren't sending us their best and brightest." Oh wait! That one is fucking true.

You're batting a thousand. You accuse everyone (me) of not knowing what I'm talking about, but you can't manage some very simple maths.

A Nautical Mile is 2,000 yards (6,000 Ft) even, and a Mile is 1,760 Yds (5,280 Ft). Ego, a Kt is about .15 faster than a Mph because it's an additional 240 yards per hour speed over ground. It's based on the circumference of the Earth through the poles (it's larger at the equator). 360 degX60 min=21,600 Minutes= 21,600 Nm, or a direct representation of Latitude. This makes plotting on a chart very easy, because your scale along the vertical is a constant on any and every chart, and it directly corresponds to both position and distance (which are the same when you're talking latitude) if traveling due North or due South, and you can plot movement and objects very fast and very accurately using this ancient system. You can change charts (from small to large scale), like approaching land from blue water, and the units never change.

Just like shooting you don't need to do any math in your head unless you are converting it to another unit (like statute miles) because you're not familiar.

8kts or about 9Mph is pretty much the speed of a no-wake zone, and is a very typical approach speed. As has been mentioned, a ship needs to make way to be able to maneuver. The slower the screws the slower it will respond. There is a happy medium, and it's probably somewhere between eight and ten Kts depending on the vessel.

That's the very basics.

I'm guessing super-busy port, man's got a schedule to keep....

What ever it is, it's nearly half the capable speed of this ship.

Fully loaded, it would have never been able to slow to a stop before making it to the bridge at that speed.

But momentum = mass x velocity.

Pretty dickheadish thing to say. It's like saying soldiers aren't heros for doing heroic acts and saving people...they are getting paid to do that. As a combat vet who has seen a dude earn a silver star ( one should have been a MOH) more than once, these guys are doing a job that is just as dangerous for the same shitty pay.

Getting called out at 2am to search for bodies and survivors in freezing water in a little ass boat with debris and unstable bridge remains all around you, plus they had no idea if there is any hazmat. You are in the middle off a channel over a half a mile from shore. FF rescue and divers risking their lives to try and find people is heroic and they deserve some respect.
noun
noun: hero; plural noun: heroes; noun: hero sandwich; plural noun: hero sandwiches
a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.
"a war hero.

The guys that raised the flag on Iwo Jima. Fireman running into burning buildings. Audie Murphy.
These are actions and people who come to mind when I think of heroism.
It's people like you who give trophies to everyone after an event.
Watering down what true heroism is disrespectful and goes right along with what is wrong with the current state of our country. You're the "dickhead" by the way.

Hero.

1000002202.jpg

Another thing while I'm at it. You're just a schmuck who looks to come on here and argue with people. Fucking attention seeking, keyboard warrior, pain in everyone's ass.
Fuck all the way off!

Last edited: