• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bridge Collaspe!! Americas enemy's are targeting its soft under belly.

I've watched the video.. Say what you want.. ships going straight, changes course to bridge support, lights out, lights come back on, and ship adjust course to bridge beam, lights out, right before it hits, lights come back on, so they can 'pretend' to try to avoid bridge, make emergency calls, drop anchor.. and all the rest of the 'we tried'.
That's one interpretation. Another is that they were clearly having electrical problems, and it would appear propulsion problems. You infer that it was "contrived", and by extension, "intentional". Where's the motive? Why would a Singapore-flagged container ship with an Indian crew hosting a local Baltimore maritime guide ... intentionally want to take out this bridge? I mean ... I love a good conspiracy theory, but there's no motive to this one. The made up motives are WAY harder to believe than simple mechanical and judgement failures at the worst possible time.

That's one interpretation. Another is that they were clearly having electrical problems, and it would appear propulsion problems. You infer that it was "contrived", and by extension, "intentional". Where's the motive? Why would a Singapore-flagged container ship with an Indian crew hosting a local Baltimore maritime guide ... intentionally want to take out this bridge? I mean ... I love a good conspiracy theory, but there's no motive to this one. The made up motives are WAY harder to believe than simple mechanical and judgement failures at the worst possible time.
"don't need to bribe the team, just the pitcher." - a mobster

Reactions: BurtG
Pretty dickheadish thing to say. It's like saying soldiers aren't heros for doing heroic acts and saving people...they are getting paid to do that. As a combat vet who has seen a dude earn a silver star ( one should have been a MOH) more than once, these guys are doing a job that is just as dangerous for the same shitty pay.

Getting called out at 2am to search for bodies and survivors in freezing water in a little ass boat with debris and unstable bridge remains all around you, plus they had no idea if there is any hazmat. You are in the middle off a channel over a half a mile from shore. FF rescue and divers risking their lives to try and find people is heroic and they deserve some respect.
The real heroes are the men that do jobs that keep society running. Think infrastructure, energy, and transportation. Many men lose their lives doing these dangerous and necessary tasks that everyone else depends on. These are the people that deserve the respect they never receive. Everything else is secondary.

^^^^^^
Yep.
It ain't the firemen, the (most of them) cops, the doctors, the city council, the mayors, the governors and for damn sure, not the elected that live in DC.

I've told the boys to get jobs in trades. That's what keeps the world going.
Not working for Disney, a restaurant, a cruise line or some hotel.

Pretty dickheadish thing to say. It's like saying soldiers aren't heros for doing heroic acts and saving people...they are getting paid to do that. As a combat vet who has seen a dude earn a silver star ( one should have been a MOH) more than once, these guys are doing a job that is just as dangerous for the same shitty pay.

Getting called out at 2am to search for bodies and survivors in freezing water in a little ass boat with debris and unstable bridge remains all around you, plus they had no idea if there is any hazmat. You are in the middle off a channel over a half a mile from shore. FF rescue and divers risking their lives to try and find people is heroic and they deserve some respect.
You are completely correct. Not that you need me to tell you that. I don't know why I didn't see it the first time around. I read what you wrote and then it suddenly clicked in my head. These guys are heroes. They're under water working around an unstable bridge structure with possible hazmat. They get garbage pay for what they do. It takes nerve and courage to do what they are doing. I can see my mistake now. You actually taught me something here. Thanks for that.

Reactions: AMGtuned
What are you talking about? There are no "Emergency Procedures" when everyone onboard is part of the conspiracy to target our soft under-belly ... BTW ... speaking of that ... I hope everyone celebrated "National Manatee Day" yesterday. 🤣

Everyone is so hung up on the conspiracy theory, and while that is possible. I have my money on simple incompetence, with a side of neglect to key ship systems so they did not work like they should.

Nothing to see here @rustyinbend

Go back to sleep, get another booster if you feel the need.

A8A2B5E9-DE3D-4050-98B8-A41250C8633A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Makinchips208
Everyone is so hung up on the conspiracy theory, and while that is possible. I have my money on simple incompetence, with a side of neglect to key ship systems so they did not work like they should.
I'm torn between wanting to have incompetence instead of malice to explain this and the theory that it was on purpose. The easy explanation is incompetence, but as fast as the potato in the WH said 'move along. nothing to see here' makes me think there's something to see here

M

Nothing to see here @rustyinbend

Go back to sleep, get another booster if you feel the need.

Investigations, be it Australia (as above) or any place else, is just mechanism of money-laundering. We know their "answers" already.

Think back do you see a pattern? Think about other bridges, or choke points all over this nation. Your Gov owns all event's past, present, & Future, do to either planning or ineptitude.

This looks like simple incompetence. They took a ship that was having un-isolated issues out to sea. And the bridge builder and maintainers did not put enough protection in for the supports.

But, your main point is good. And you have no idea how fragile things are.

In the late 80s we war-gamed a Spetsnaz attack on infrastructure in the US and Europe and it was a mess that just got worse and worse every day even though the targets not as critical or the attacks as well thought out as they could be. Nor were the attackers as numerous. Or sustained. But we learned the wrong lessons. We reacted rather than responded.

The problem with a lot of exercises like it is that we don't get to respond in a sustained manner to rebuild and repair - and come together. The human factor and the pull of resources from new construction as well as the resources in other parts of the economy make a short term attack very counterproductive for the attacker. And it just unifies the population.

and you probably believe Lee Harvey did it all by himself.

Yeah, he did.

I walked the route to and from the book depository. And watched cars going by. I challenge everyone else who knows how to shoot to go there and look at it. Anyone with some training could do open sights out of that window. The cars from that window have low relative motion for about 80 yards. LHO worked in the building and had also practiced with that rifle.

All the medical evidence shows bullets from above. And the one missed shot was shown to come from above.

Anyone anywhere else would have to contend with movers across a series of openings and a lot of people around. The only other spot that had a high degree of success with little relative motion and a clear field of vision would be down by the bridge with the car heading towards the shooter.

Yeah, he did.

I walked the route to and from the book depository. And watched cars going by. I challenge everyone else who knows how to shoot to go there and look at it. Anyone with some training could do open sights out of that window. The cars from that window have low relative motion for about 80 yards. LHO worked in the building and had also practiced with that rifle.

All the medical evidence shows bullets from above. And the one missed shot was shown to come from above.

Anyone anywhere else would have to contend with movers across a series of openings and a lot of people around. The only other spot that had a high degree of success with little relative motion and a clear field of vision would be down by the bridge with the car heading towards the shooter.

You know more than Ike to just outright dismiss possibility of a conspiratorial MO?

"The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

Many old dolts carry on from the day he made this speech up until this very day thinking the string pullers have mankind best interests at heart. Don't get me wrong, I like old dolts. But come on man, it's been over 6 decades since this warning was made. And it's well past time to start questioning everything.

And by "Industrial Complex" old Ike meant the major corporations. The same ones who that have reorganized and consolidated all things under them today.

Now from JFK.

"For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations."

Reactions: AmmoFort and BurtG
If this was done on purpose what would the motive have been? Not letting the shitty Balitimore Ravens get to the stadium on time to lose to the Pittsburgh Steelers again?? This was just a stupid accident. There is no reason for any ship to be under its own power when going thru these rivers under bridges. Should have had a couple of tugs getting it out to sea. I know nothing about ships or rivers but just makes sense. Fuck Baltimore!!!!

• Haha
Definition of a hero for those that are confused.

Someone who willingly, and unselfishly, exposes themself to a dangerous or life threatening situation for another's safety or well being.

Just doing the job you signed up for does NOT qualify.
You have to go above and beyond.
Period.

Do not cheapen what being a hero is.
Leave that to MSM.

If this was done on purpose what would the motive have been?
Chipping away at the economy & supply chain like all the other so called "Accidents" that have transpired in the last 10-15 years. A direct attack invites direct retaliation, on a higher level. No sane nation or group does that w/o having the ability or stamina to prevail. That simple "Accident" is going to cost Billions before its back to normal up there. The US economy is target #1 on this rock, slow or stop it, and the US falls rapidly.

Chipping away at the economy & supply chain like all the other so called "Accidents" that have transpired in the last 10-15 years. A direct attack invites direct retaliation, on a higher level. No sane nation or group does that w/o having the ability or stamina to prevail. That simple "Accident" is going to cost Billions before its back to normal up there. The US economy is target #1 on this rock, slow or stop it, and the US falls rapidly.

Yeah, but only just a "chip." If they really wanted to do some damage, they'd take out one or both of the harbor tunnels. That could take decades to repair if it could be at all. That's why the MTAP is so anal about searching cars/trucks for haz mats, etc. before they get into the tunnels. And why, generally, trucks that deliver haz mats have to take the Key bridge. Now, they may have to take the Chesapeake Bay Bridge through Annapolis to get there.

Reactions: MJF
I owned a 21' ski boat for a few years and I couldn't get that bitch on the trailer without hitting the guides, expert I am not 🤣

Try loading a tunnel hull shallow water skiff. They handle fine at speed, but not low speed maneuvering.
Backing up with any control was a crap shoot.

• Haha
Reactions: Darryle
If this was done on purpose what would the motive have been? Not letting the shitty Balitimore Ravens get to the stadium on time to lose to the Pittsburgh Steelers again?? This was just a stupid accident. There is no reason for any ship to be under its own power when going thru these rivers under bridges. Should have had a couple of tugs getting it out to sea. I know nothing about ships or rivers but just makes sense. Fuck Baltimore!!!!

It seems like a good idea until it's put into practice.
To use a pair (or more) of tugs to get ships out past the Sunshine Skyway here in Tampa Bay is a 19 or 20 mile (EACH WAY) trip. 40 mile round trip...
Can you imagine the cost and the number of tugs needed to keep ships moving? The extremely high cost would be passed on to the consumer. The tug traffic and its damage from their wake would be astronomical.

Yeah, but only just a "chip." If they really wanted to do some damage, they'd take out one or both of the harbor tunnels. That could take decades to repair if it could be at all. That's why the MTAP is so anal about searching cars/trucks for haz mats, etc. before they get into the tunnels. And why, generally, trucks that deliver haz mats have to take the Key bridge. Now, they may have to take the Chesapeake Bay Bridge through Annapolis to get there.
“Chips” cost sweet FA to do and quickly pile up consequences while keeping the masses pacified and malleable. Society just stands there and gets fucked in the ass pretending someone cares about them. Like an 18yr girl old blowing 50yr olds at a biker convention.

Cranes are already on scene don’t know who was saying it would take a while. It didn’t

Why not give a short summary followed by your thoughts when you guys post video or articles? Just a suggestion.

Because it's too much like a book report. We know how much all of us hated doing the reports. It was much easier being on the receiving end.

AKA lazy.

AKA form your own opinion.

AKA, ... hang on I gotta take another sip of this scotch...

Now, where was I?

Oh, look, scotch!
BRB. 😆

Ain’t gonna take “years!” To get it open.

I bet it’s less than30 days
Just the curing of the concrete will take 30 days and as many as 60 depending on concrete PSI and humidity levels.
Engineering, 30 days.
Bitching about which co. gets what part of the contract, 30 days.
Building up the base pads will probably take well over 1 week....more like 2 I would say.
Inspection at least 2 weeks because it will happen in small chunks, 2 days here, 5 days there, etc.

Years and with probably 3 lawsuits that will themselves take years....but not slow the opening of the new Martin Luther King bridge.

Yea, it will be like that, some 13%r will have the bridge named after them....George Floyd ?

It'll take em a month to figure out which is the most racist part of the bridge in the water.

Then which is the least racist company to remove the most racist section. But funding is a problem.

Then a bipartisan bill in congress will pass to provide 20 billion in funding for floating crane companies.

All to be administered by a newly created LLC based out of Maryland.

As stipulated in the bipartisan bill.

It'll take em a month to figure out which is the most racist part of the bridge in the water.

Then which is the least racist company to remove the most racist section. But funding is a problem.

Then a bipartisan bill in congress will pass to provide 20 billion in funding for floating crane companies.

Don't forget the environmental impact study to determine if a new bridge will adversely affect the speckled frogfish.

Just the curing of the concrete will take 30 days and as many as 60 depending on concrete PSI and humidity levels.
Engineering, 30 days.
Bitching about which co. gets what part of the contract, 30 days.
Building up the base pads will probably take well over 1 week....more like 2 I would say.
Inspection at least 2 weeks because it will happen in small chunks, 2 days here, 5 days there, etc.

Years and with probably 3 lawsuits that will themselves take years....but not slow the opening of the new Martin Luther King bridge.

Yea, it will be like that, some 13%r will have the bridge named after them....George Floyd ?
I’m talking bout opening the channel

Yes new bridge will take years no doubt.

Reactions: jrassy

10% for the big guy standard fee?

Agreed. A big part of me says it's just a freak accident. The reason I'm leaning that way is simply from all these companies not spending money to fix shit, the lack of training, and the incompetence in the workforce nowadays. So many companies have the run to failure mentality now and it's getting worse. I can show examples all day long of shit running up and down the road that should be in the scrap yard even though it was recently "inspected"

People are lazy and incompetent, but some of the problem is people being yes men instead of saying no. Management doesn't like when you tell them something is unsafe and you won't pass an inspection so most pencil whip it and call it good.

Reactions: Emerson0311
My last company the senior leadership sold the board on two year/$170M overhaul of the entire software system. Anyone at the company more than 5 years knew this was impossible. I had a meeting with the CEO explaining some of it and he got mad.
5 years, boatload of incompetence and $500M later, it's still not ready. All senior management has been fired and the board is pissed. I quit 2 years ago to go to Boeing. Doh!

He glanced off of the supply chain issue. This really is the issue we should be thinking of as the real problem. The bridge is the event that is causing it.

Reactions: Emerson0311
Where did anyone say the believed or disbelieved anything in that video? Now that you spoke up, clue us as to your proven ability's in your back round. As some of us here retired from areas other than, misinformation. Then there are those here who might know what it would take to steal control of anything computer controlled, or PLC driven.
I've been at sea since 1996. Only 28 years, but I have experience from fisheries research, salvage, towing, polar supply, general cargo, container cargo, cable laying, seismic survey, anchor handling, submarine rescue and platform supply.

What are your experiences on ships?

And yes, to hack a cargo vessel to do this, you need to hack 3 different systems not connected to any outside network. Good luck doing that.

Reactions: NoDopes