• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bringing manufacturing back to the USA

Business understands $$$
If manufacturing is to return it will be for incentives like tax breaks.
Empowerment zones and major tax breaks will lure many back.

Hi,

Never did I say the USA does not have the brains or hands....I have purchased 2 International companies and relocated both to the USA for a reason.

I said I do not see medium to large manufacturing coming back to USA. Small ones such as myself are easy.

Here is example of why large manufacturers are not coming back to USA anytime soon IMO..
Blue Jean River........now just imagine Levis, Wrangler, Buckle, True Religion, etc etc facilities doing that in Tennessee.....
View attachment 7294169

Sincerely,
Theis

Theis,

Could you explain that picture? I've been at the confluence of a creek and a river when one watershed got hammered with rain and the other didn't. It looks like that even in beautiful WV because of sediment. Your picture and the reference to jeans suggests that's dye in the water. Is that the case?

Business understands $$$
If manufacturing is to return it will be for incentives like tax breaks.
Empowerment zones and major tax breaks will lure many back.
This is what will be in Stimulus 2,3,4,n+1... And it will be in the $Trillions. Call almost any County EDC in the USA and they are willing to negotiate tax abatements already if you are willing to sign up to a minimum number of jobs created.

We will never bring everything back to USA. Heck we dont want it. All the insignificant items like toys can still be prodiced in china. However Other items that are of higher value to our survival we should bring back.

Reactions: 308pirate
It's about lack of level playing in international trade. the most costly part of industrial progress is the cost of R&D. Look at the pharmaceuticals- years of lab tests, trials to register a single medicine. On the other part of the ocean you see also a massive IP robbery combined with silent takeovers of crucial companies. or at least we see minority shareholdings of them in infrastructure, heavy industry etc. The fuyao glass factory document on Netflix is just an example. Look at what is going on in Germany.

This is what will be in Stimulus 2,3,4,n+1... And it will be in the $Trillions. Call almost any County EDC in the USA and they are willing to negotiate tax abatements already if you are willing to sign up to a minimum number of jobs created.

And you know what? I'd be on board with that type of stimulus. If we're going to run deficits of $1 trillion in normal years and who the fuck knows what this year, then we might as well be putting all that printed money into rebuilding manufacturing instead of stuffing even more money into the pockets of those leaches in the FIRE sector.

It's about lack of level playing in international trade. the most costly part of industrial progress is the cost of R&D. Look at the pharmaceuticals- years of lab tests, trials to register a single medicine. On the other part of the ocean you see also a massive IP robbery combined with silent takeovers of crucial companies. or at least we see minority shareholdings of them in infrastructure, heavy industry etc. The fuyao glass factory document on Netflix is just an example. Look at what is going on in Germany.

Fuyao Glass bought the empty GM Moraine assembly plant in Dayton. What I've heard goes on in that place.......and I'm local

allow the Navy some fun, they can start targeting containerships out of china.

win/win.
Honestly what’s the point of maintaining “safe seas” for the last 50+ years if we don’t get shit out of it. Goods aren’t so cheap if the cost to transport is too high.

The world should demand reparations from China for the trillions of dollars in damage their criminal negligence has caused the world's economies. There are already lawsuits lined up against the Chicoms under federal law; I hope they are all successful.

As for pulling out of China, greedy corporations like Walmart, Nike, Apple, etc. will never do it voluntarily. Doesn't matter how many people are killed by China's negligence. It will take government incentives plus consumers deciding they don't want Chinese garbage anymore.
Just tell’em our debt is even now so shove it.

Fuck China! Last couple days, I've been installing new shelves in my pantry. Lag bolts I inherited from my Dad were made in USA, ran out before getting all the brackets in. Went to the hardware store yesterday, and all the lag bolts they carry are Made in China crap (along with the three lumber yards in town). Second one I installed, the damn head broke off, and that's driving them into soft pine with pre-drilled holes.

Fuck China!

Reactions: Maxwell
Fuck China! Last couple days, I've been installing new shelves in my pantry. Lag bolts I inherited from my Dad were made in USA, ran out before getting all the brackets in. Went to the hardware store yesterday, and all the lag bolts they carry are Made in China crap (along with the three lumber yards in town). Second one I installed, the damn head broke off, and that's driving them into soft pine with pre-drilled holes.

Fuck China!

Fuck lag bolts in general.
Structural screws are where it's at. I've never found lumber good enough to break one.

I don't ever use lags for anything as they just break half the time.

I have had it with the insidious Chinese cancer. If I have to pay more I will gladly do it. If I have to pay 2 bucks for an apple fine. I'm already getting ass raped in taxes. I would rather pay it for someones wages than pay taxes for some welfare recipient or illegal alien and I would rather pay more for American goods than Chinese garbage .
The trick is getting everyone to buy in to that way of thinking. It would be nice if there were stores that were the complete opposite of walmart. Places that, when you walked in the door, everything there was American made. You wouldn't have to check the labels. Oh, a fella can dream.:rolleyes:

If Elon Musk can build rockets and cutting edge cars from the start-up level here in the USA, that should tell you something about our capabilities. If you don't like electric cars, get over it. SpaceX saved the taxpayer billions of dollars that were previously boondoggled by the Launch Allicance who bought the engines from Russia because they claimed we would be incapable to build them ourselves. Mueller, Musk's chief rocket man, was so bored at TRW that he build the early ancestors of their current rocket engines in his garage. We do not need to worry about what American engineers and workers can do but we have to recon with the corporate greed bags and their cronies in politics.
American entrepreneurs could do a lot if they knew they wouldn't be punished by the govt for sticking their necks out. You know, that whole rich man bad shit. Pull foreign spending and use it here.

Reactions: Alpine 338
Fuck lag bolts in general.
Structural screws are where it's at. I've never found lumber good enough to break one.

I don't ever use lags for anything as they just break half the time.

I agree with you, but try finding structural screws with a big head, and a short length, without special order. For example a large head #10 or 12 that is only 1" long, or a large head 3/8" equivalent that's only 2" long, impossible to find at most stores. If you want 4" long fasteners, no problem.

I really do like the Timberlock and GRK fasteners.

The trick is getting everyone to buy in to that way of thinking. It would be nice if there were stores that were the complete opposite of walmart. Places that, when you walked in the door, everything there was American made. You wouldn't have to check the labels. Oh, a fella can dream.:rolleyes:
What a concept! A made in America store! Excellent idea! They would do awesome. I would make it a point to shop there first. Except for prescription drugs. Most of those are made in China?

Well if they want to sell here...... that incentive enough?

Hi,

I would absolutely love to be proven wrong on it for sure!!!

No disrespect taken but after years of dealing with International Joint Ventures coordinated with DDTC and foreign governments for the International manufacturing of Military/Defense equipment I just do not see manufacturing on a medium to large scale coming back to USA.

Sincerely,
Theis
If we had to spool up for another WW we'd be lucky if we could pull it off in 5 years.
The only thing China holds over our heads are Rare Earth Magnets.

I'm old enough to remember when it was shameful to buy anything that said "Made in Japan" on it.
I can still remember my father saying out loud in public "I won't have any of that Nip Shit in my house"
But of course, in my father's day they had Iron men and wooden ships, now we have wooden men and iron ships

Reactions: fx77
Boy I love my wranglers that my balls eat the crotch out of in a few months. But who cares I can get them at Walmart for $15.

Wranglers are garbage. Now I’m going to google made in America pants
Then quit your bitching and buy some Roundhouse jeans,100% American Made since the late 1800's
About the price of a pair of Wranglers and 3x's as thick
I'm a retired operating engineer that has at least 4 pairs of their bibs that have seen 20 years of hard use

Q. I want something not Made in USA.

A. Everything on this website is Made in USA, so no luck there. Within Round House’s 2,000+ items there’s always been some that are available from elsewhere but they are not on this website. Since we now have more American factories producing for us than ever (just started our third US factory last year), more items than ever -the majority- in retail stores are Made in USA but we’ve always brought in a few from elsewhere to make orders complete. Again, everything on this website is Made in USA. Opening our 3rd American factory last year shows our dedication to producing more American Made products than ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dpp
Funny thing during most scope talk conversations; people seen to always want as close as “American built” as possible. I’ve always wondered why a collective group such as us could have never organized, crunched investment numbers, and figured a way to make scopes here in the US at 100% in house. To include glass, cutting, and all the special hardware spec. I’m sure if it was a solid project with a good product in return said scope could possibly be authorized to wear the sniperhide brand logo. And boom, US company arises from the ashes.

I‘m positive its easier said than done and their would be huge obstacles to overcome.

Funny thing during most scope talk conversations; people seen to always want as close as “American built” as possible. I’ve always wondered why a collective group such as us could have never organized, crunched investment numbers, and figured a way to make scopes here in the US at 100% in house. To include glass, cutting, and all the special hardware spec. I’m sure if it was a solid project with a good product in return said scope could possibly be authorized to wear the sniperhide brand logo. And boom, US company arises from the ashes.

I‘m positive its easier said than done and their would be huge obstacles to overcome.
Vortex AMG. Reticle is German, everything else is 100% USA.

Reactions: DaveM
I’m sure if it was a solid project with a good product in return said scope could possibly be authorized to wear the sniperhide brand logo. And boom, US company arises
I encourage you to do it, man. Capital will be cheaper than it will ever be in your lifetime in the next six months.

Reactions: E. Bryant
I encourage you to do it, man. Capital will be cheaper than it will ever be in your lifetime in the next six months.

True words right here. At some point - and we ain't there yet - there will be production gear going for near-scrap prices. Saw it happen in 2009-10, and this crash will probably be worse.

Commercial real estate prices should drop nicely, too.