• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Brownells brand Picatinny scope base?

cgv69

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2009
Boone Co., KY
Do any of you have experience with Brownells brand Picatinny scope base as seen here… Brownells Picatinny Scope Base

Any idea who makes it for them? Looks somewhat like the Warne base which is the other one I’m considering. I think it will work well for my application and desires assuming it’s a decent quality piece that meets Picatinny specs? If this base is not good, please recommend a decent alternative with the following requirements… 1. Steel construction (preferred but not mandatory). 2. Does not extend past receiver. 3. Full cross slots (not milled out in the center like BO, EGW etc.). 4. Can be bought for under $100.

This base will be going on a Remington 700 SA in .223 so no need for a recoil stop. I could probably be fine with an aluminum base but I’m not worried about weight and I prefer the strength of steel to keep the base straight once mounted. I will only be shooting at distances of 300yrds and under (never more then 600yrds) so I see no need for a 20 MOA base.

Re: Brownells brand Picatinny scope base?

You usually pay for what you get. Near Manufacturing makes outstanding bases and rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dagger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You usually pay for what you get. Near Manufacturing makes outstanding bases and rings. </div></div>
True but I can't justify spending $200-$300+ on rings and mounts to install a $550 scope. I think I'm going to go with a Farrell base. It's not exactly what I was looking for but it's affordable and has a good reputation.

For the price it be tough to beat the bases produced by Evolution Gun Works.