• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

brux barrels

komifornian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2011
Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
I don't hear much about Brux barrels hear on the hide. Are they any good? Seeking opinions on how they rank against the other custom barrells out there. I.E Hart, Rock and Kreiger ect....

Just as good as any of the custom barrel out there.
I have one for a 338 Norma build that I am gathering parts for.

Brux makes great barrels. I have had 2, and both were shooters.

Mark at Short Action Customs installed a Brux barrel onto my Howa .308. The barrel shoots .75" groups a 200 pretty consistently. Brux makes a fine barrel.

Have one on my .243, shoots great. Another guy i shoot with has one on his .243 as well. Absolutely no complaints from both of us.

I have used about 10 Brux and have been very happy with them right from the start. When they first started you could order a barrel on Monday and have it by Friday at the latest, then people started to hear about them.

I have a 284 win with a 26" Brux on it and will be getting the rifle back from the smith on April 9th, i will let you know how it performs. The only problem i have heard with them was from a smith in NC and he had one that fouled copper really bad and didnt get any better and Brux replaced it with the smith only paying for the bad barrel to be shipped back to Brux. He said that it was the only barrel from Brux that he has had problems with in the hundreds of Brux barrels he has used and still recommends them.

They are guaranteed, and I haven't heard of a bad blank. You would be lucky to get a blank in reasonable amount of time. Lot of demand for them.

I have two. 1-8.5 on a 7mmRM and 1-10 on a 338-06. Both are very accurate. Best group I've ever had was a .2 something for 5 shots on the 7RM. Of course you need to have someone who knows what their doing chamber it...

Another +1 for Brux. My Brux barreled 260 is my most accurate rifle at the moment.

Ive had two and their great, my smith usually recommends Brux or krieger. But krieger are forever on their barrels right now

Well I guess I know what barrel I am going to go to then. It was either Shilen or Brux and I think I will try the Brux.

I have had very good luck with mine. Mine is chambered for 6XC and will outshoot me. I would not hesitate to use one again.

Southern Precision Rifles put together a GREAT rifle for me with a 1:8 twist 27" BRUX chambered in .308 on a Rem700 action. It is a seriously sweet rifle and regularly puts 5 Lapua projectiles in .28 MOA at the 250 meter zero.

I can't say enough about SPR they are very, very good folks!

been waiting almost 20 weeks for mine. hope its worth it, sounds like it will be

What are the specs on your barrel? Is it something custom? I only as because Greg @ Southern Precision Rifles usually carries a lot of Brux and I would have thought he would have one to your liking in that time frame.

What are the specs on your barrel? Is it something custom? I only as because Greg @ Southern Precision Rifles usually carries a lot of Brux and I would have thought he would have one to your liking in that time frame.

AO varmint 6mm 1 in 8

Last edited:
I waited 35 weeks last year for one directly from Brux. It was worth the wait but was a test of patience also

i am learning the patience thing as we speak. At least all my other parts for the entire build are sitting at the smith waiting on it. As soon as it gets there i'll be in business.

I had one on my 280AI build. Couldn't get it to shoot. Sent back to smith and he confirmed. Screwed on an Obermeyer and it was great. I've read great things about them. Just sharing my experience with a lemon.

What I like about Brux is that they do what they say they will do...if they say 8 weeks it will be 8 weeks. If the barrel wont shoot I have heard that they are second to none about replacement.

My next barrel will be a #4 .224

Ordered a Brux 270 rem varmint contour fluted 27" barrel from Brux on 4-18. Got barrel today!!! I am in Wi but come on 4 days to my door. The barrel blank was just drilled when I called on the 18th to order. So Brux rifled, contoured and fluted and delivered barrel in 4 days!!!!

23 weeks still nothing. went with a rock creek instead. Gues ill have to wait to check out the brux. When ever it gets here I will put it in the safe for my back up barrel.

Got a Brux 1:10 MTU 24" on my build, still waiting for it to come in. Should be in the back of a ups truck somewhere. I will update this tread as soon as I can put some round through it. Another hide member I talked to when building my rifle had a Brux and showered me a couple 10 shot 1/2" groups from his 22" with a Surgeon 591.

Brux makes an outstanding barrel.

We built this rifle with a Brux. The owner has earned several national F-Class records with the rifle.

My 6.5 Creedmoor has a Brux barrel on it.

The first 5-shot group I put through the rifle was this. And my inconsistent cheek pressure on the butt stock (trying to get most comfortable) resulted in the one high "flier" of the group.

The barrels perform outstandingly well. In our experience they hold very little copper. They are one of the barrel manufacturers we stock for a good reason.

Mark

Check out bugholes.com
They usually have a decent selection of Brux barrels. That's where I ordered mine from.
They are all ready to ship as well.

I just bought a Brux from Southern Precision for a 338 WM hunting gun. Glad to find this thread and so many happy Brux owners.
Bought an Old Model 70 , Safari grade..but those Winchester barrels leave a lot to be desired. I was able to get it to shoot MOA, then almost went down the muzzle brake lane and this and that...thought a new barrel would be best before I dump money into a mediocre skinny barrel. Skinny barrels and me don't play well.

My Brux 7 twist chambered in .223 Ackley Improved allowed me to shoot this 200 yard 10 shot group a couple of weeks ago:

IMG_3487.jpg

Just updating as my rifle is definitely a 3/8 min gun even with only 30 rounds down the tube. Brux makes some awesome barrels.

Check out bugholes.com
They usually have a decent selection of Brux barrels. That's where I ordered mine from.
They are all ready to ship as well.
+1. I ordered my Bartlein from bugholes. very fast shipping, and it seems like they get something different every week. I just kept coming back until the barrel I wanted was in stock.

Brux stands behind their barrels like nobody I've seen. I'd be surised if you ever need them to do that...
THe replacements I've seen them make we're made IMMMEDIATELY, customers/smiths had replacements in 2 weeks

For those who have the AO brux varment contour what other contour is it similar to? Just trying to gauge some weight vs say a heavy varment. AO is building a 6mm creedmoor for me now which will be finished at 24" and patience is not my strong suite. I know weight wise it's a perfect setup for the prs matches that I shoot so it's not a big deal as I know Mark and his team are awesome and wouldn't lead me wrong. I forgot to ask when in the phone with them about the contour dimensions. I've owned other brux barrels and every single one has been a shooter so they are my go to for the most part unless something isn't in stock or is going to take a while to get in, if that's the case I normally try to find something that's similar from bartlein etc. companies who also make some great barrels as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk