• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bulletseeker Mach 4 doppler chrono

Wanna sell it let me know LOL Are you on an Android? Typically you can uninstall without removing the data and reinstall, I believe Android 10 started allowing that.
Ya I got it to work I had to pair it before opening the app now it works fine lol

I'm getting everything ready to shoot on Friday. Do you guys think the BS4 will work setup like this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221018_010716.jpg
    Screenshot_20221018_010716.jpg
    1,003.3 KB · Views: 208
  • Screenshot_20221018_010656.jpg
    Screenshot_20221018_010656.jpg
    949.8 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot_20221018_010641.jpg
    Screenshot_20221018_010641.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 208
I got to the range today to try the BS. Everything set up easily. The BS connected to the Android tablet immediately. The system worked as advertised. I shot it on a DT SRS with a 300WM conversion kit. I would definitely get the parabolic lens if you get the unit. It worked best with the lens on, at least on the 300WM. The velocity was consistent with other chrono speeds for the loads I was shooring. I have a Magnetospeed and my son has a Labradar. The BS is much easier to use and is more consistent than either one of them. If it keeps running the way it did today, I won't be using the MS or the LR again....it's that good.View attachment 7961764View attachment 7961765View attachment 7961766
Hey so I just got back from the range so I'm using an android phone which is a galaxy s20 ultra. At first I was having trouble with the strings. Every string I created just kept saying the same data as the original. I then deleted the profile I made and didn't create one and got the strings all wormed out. However my unit disconnects constantly like even in between shots it would disconnect. I would have to close the app go to my Bluetooth in the phone, unpair the Bs4, then repair then re open the app and it would work. Am I doing something g wrong?

I was out today with the Bullet Seeker and this worked pretty good

View attachment 7983840

This gave me more flexibility to aim it and it worked very well this way

View attachment 7983841
Nice!! Have you had any issues with the app disconnecting? I hooked mine up to my tablet which is a Samsung and had no issues at all but on my Samsung phone it would constantly disconnect

Could someone with the parabolic adapter please take some rough measurements of the inside?

Frank, if you do that, what advantage does it offer over other freestanding chronos like Labradar?

Baron, for me it’s flexibility, it is was quick and I know I can repeat it

It works on some of my rifles not all and not all are set up to accept it. For me the tripod option is good, I can maneuver across the range on my tripod and the bullet seeker under it on its own, I can move them together and get numbers.

The game changer is the same concept but on a bipod

It works on some of my rifles not all and not all are set up to accept it. For me the tripod option is good, I can maneuver across the range on my tripod and the bullet seeker under it on its own, I can move them together and get numbers.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Frank. Got it (y)

Is that the PVA ARCA Picatinny adapter? I've looked at bolting some sort of contraption together like that, but it looks like a no brainer for slapping a scope/thermal/bulletseeker on a tripod.

Did you try it at all on that side rail pic mount? I actually just bought an mpa rat base to try on the arca dove tail and I bought there side rail pic mount kit to try as well

I put it there temporarily but it’s too far from the muzzle according to the manual. I also cut out a 22° triangle from a piece of paper and it was easy to see that it would be behind the suppressor shadow if I mount the radar back on the forend.

I put it there temporarily but it’s too far from the muzzle according to the manual. I also cut out a 22° triangle from a piece of paper and it was easy to see that it would be behind the suppressor shadow if I mount the radar back on the forend.
How far does the manual say is too far?

I have a datasheet from Longseeker indicating 10.5-24" behind the muzzle is optimal. But then their manual says "as close to the muzzle as possible." I interpret that to mean closer is better, and 24" or more is probably too far. On my AXSR with the CGS Hekate, the radar is about 24" from the front, but the suppressor is very fat which exacerbates the problem. With a 22 degree FOV, if you put it at the muzzle, it may not see the bullet until it is 12+" in front of the muzzle depending on your axial offset. With my setup pictured above, my paper triangle indicates it will first see the bullet about 18" in front of the suppressor if I leave it in the pictured position.

Here are a couple pics to illustrate the geometry issues. I encourage everyone who buys a BS4 to cut out a piece of paper with a 22° angle - makes it pretty easy to spot setup problems with radar shadow.

Here is a pic with the radar on the forend, you can see the suppressor will obstruct half the radar cone:

FFD0511B-3372-4A64-9D76-5DF57E22F18E.jpeg

And here it is mounted on the bipod extension. When the CF tube is chopped appropriately there will be no shadow and the radar cone will intercept the bullet path maybe 12-18” from the front of the suppressor.

5A975492-931F-4E47-9251-2A4DA79A9C80.jpeg

Seems like turning the bullet seeker at 90 degrees or more on that carbon tube would ensure a very clear view of the projectile.

Great idea with the 22degree cone. I'd put it on cardboard if I had challenges I needed to verify regularly.

Does anyone know what the code degree is for the parabolic adapter?

Yeah I’ve considered running it sideways and I will probably experiment with that to see if it changes the reliability of detection at all.

I know for me it worked better on my night vision bridge then it did on my dovetail so I'm hoping it will work on the side rail as good.. the night bridge works but it darkens the optic quite a bit I thought

Received from the Bulletseeker people:

I have good news….. the iOS app is live on the APP store with APPLE 🥳
So we are celebrating and offering 100€ off until October 31 🎃
Detail on the website and Facebook.
Code: APPLE100

Reactions: MarshallDodge
“Thanks a lot” - all of the people who’ve been beta testing the app after paying full price.
I added one to cart and made an account. I got an email about their launch pricing that expired at the end of August, but replied to ask what the launch price was. I got a reply that the code was LAUNCHPRICE and took €150 off. Turns out that code still works too.

Maybe I should order another with the discount since I’ve misplaced mine during my move. I never had a chance to use it!

Reactions: NFshooter150
Maybe I should order another with the discount since I’ve misplaced mine during my move. I never had a chance to use it!
I figured I was never going to get a better deal than that. Also, check with your CC terms to see if you'll get charged a foreign currency fee. My MC was going to charge 3%, but capital one does 0%.

I added one to cart and made an account. I got an email about their launch pricing that expired at the end of August, but replied to ask what the launch price was. I got a reply that the code was LAUNCHPRICE and took €150 off. Turns out that code still works too.
Which site was this code good for?

Nevermind figured it out. Thier website is horrible to navigate. But 300 dollars cheaper than ssd is worth it

Hopefully someone can help here. I found the BS after the move so that's good. I turned it on and was able to connect with the app. Now, the BS has a solid green light that won't go off. Button presses do nothing and it hasn't timed out with the 300 seconds. The app won't connect. I figured I'd pull the battery but I'm going to need a strap wrench that thing is so tight.

Ideas?

Editing my own post. I found two threads on their forum with this issue. One was replaced and the other guys just waited for the battery to die, recharged and it worked normal.

Last edited:
Yeah I’d just wait for the battery to die and reset itself.
Did that. It started working and happened again. Let it drain and it’s working again. Both times it happened I was changing settings like turn off on app close. I’m wondering if there is some pattern there that causes it. I have a case opened with them.

Hopefully someone can help here. I found the BS after the move so that's good. I turned it on and was able to connect with the app. Now, the BS has a solid green light that won't go off. Button presses do nothing and it hasn't timed out with the 300 seconds. The app won't connect. I figured I'd pull the battery but I'm going to need a strap wrench that thing is so tight.

Ideas?

Editing my own post. I found two threads on their forum with this issue. One was replaced and the other guys just waited for the battery to die, recharged and it worked normal.
Did you test this? Cause seems me and you got ours at the same time and mine has connection issues and will just randomly shut off and I noticed today in the wind it will pick up all kinds of shit I got like 20 readings from 700 to 1000fps all right in a row

I can repeat the problem by connecting it to the app and check/uncheck the "turn off on app exit" and immediately close the app.

Based on what I've seen with the AndiScan, if it's too sensitive it will pick up things like you're pointing out. On the AS, you can adjust the sensitivity. It looks like the old BS app allowed the same thing. I'd send an email to Longseeker and see what they have to say about your experience.

I can repeat the problem by connecting it to the app and check/uncheck the "turn off on app exit" and immediately close the app.

Based on what I've seen with the AndiScan, if it's too sensitive it will pick up things like you're pointing out. On the AS, you can adjust the sensitivity. It looks like the old BS app allowed the same thing. I'd send an email to Longseeker and see what they have to say about your experience.
Ya I've been in contact with them.. I really want this thing to work out but man so far I'm not too impressed 😕

Used mine yesterday grabbing velocity at camp. Never used it before and it read every shot on two rifles. Loves that it announces velocity since it was 15 degrees and I had the phone in my pocket since I was wearing gloves.

Sharing a link here to test data.

Used mine yesterday grabbing velocity at camp. Never used it before and it read every shot on two rifles. Loves that it announces velocity since it was 15 degrees and I had the phone in my pocket since I was wearing gloves.

Sharing a link here to test data.

Nice where did you set it up at?