• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bulletseeker Mach 4 doppler chrono

First time chrono buyer, I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread and the Caldwell one that I think snuffed out unless I missed it. Now that guys have had them for a while and most bugs seem worked out would you still buy them over a labradar?

Short of a couple ARs I don’t have any rifles I could mount this thing on so I’d likely just dedicate it to a little tripod like some guys here have done. I checked their site last night and the promo code still works so it’s $750 plus whatever shipping from Europe is and the labradars are in stock for $625 at a couple places, I doubt any Black Friday deals will be had on them. I’m fine spending more money for an easier to use more durable product. Also an iPhone user since that seems to matter with the bulletseeker.

I like it so far very easy to use and very nice that everything is right on your device when you want to see it. I'd say just buy the parabolic adapter with it especially if you are using 22cal

I like it so far very easy to use and very nice that everything is right on your device when you want to see it. I'd say just buy the parabolic adapter with it especially if you are using 22cal

The only 22 cal I shoot is a 556 AR that I’m not worried about getting speed on but if it’s worthwhile on other centerfire cartridges I’d grab one.

The only 22 cal I shoot is a 556 AR that I’m not worried about getting speed on but if it’s worthwhile on other centerfire cartridges I’d grab one.
I mean for the extra 100 bucks you might as well and it saves you the shipping if you decide to get it later on like I did...

I mean for the extra 100 bucks you might as well and it saves you the shipping if you decide to get it later on like I did...

No doubt. Do you mount yours primarily on the rifle, stand alone or both?

Been watching this thread, as I'm struggling with my Labradar getting knocked out of position with my larger calibers. I also like the form factor A LOT more! Looking forward to more field reports on reliability, etc.

I'll likely wait until a V2.0 comes out, but this is a natural progression of the technology that's very exciting to see in market.

Reactions: NFshooter150
Both.. still trying to find the best place for it.. I'm thinking with the parabolic on my arca dovetail will be best
Thanks for your input. Do you have issues when it’s not attached to the rifle?

Been watching this thread, as I'm struggling with my Labradar getting knocked out of position with my larger calibers. I also like the form factor A LOT more! Looking forward to more field reports on reliability, etc.

I'll likely wait until a V2.0 comes out, but this is a natural progression of the technology that's very exciting to see in market.
I thought about waiting as well but with electronics like this they’ll update the software many times before a new version comes out. Plus I don’t currently have a chrono…

New Observations

I know guys were having connection issues and I finally ran into one this week.

The bulletseeker kept disconnecting and the only difference was, the phone was connected to my Calypso too.

I disconnected the wind meter and the bullet seeker stayed connected. First time it happened but read here it was.

Reactions: Jnull
Hey guys so I think I solved the connection issue for me anyways just don't have any other device paired to your phone or tablet via BT. I am having an issue where it randomly spits out a reading between 600-1400 sometimes it will just be 1 other times I've had it do 25 in like 1 minute. Even if I cover the face of the M4 it still will spit a reading.. anybody else have this issue?

Reactions: Garmin
I have yet to have a connection issue here. One plus 9 phone.
Mount mine right side just in front of the ejection port. Can move from rifle to rifle with no issue. Couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• IMG20221113105615.jpg
    IMG20221113105615.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 93
See this is in my backyard just sitting on my grill it just keeps spitting out readings my theory is that it happens when the battery is almost drained but yesterday at the range it was doing it at 95 percent battery so idk wtf is going on
20221124_155753.jpg

How’s everyone liking the BS? I have a V3 now with MKM off barrel mount. Had a Labradar but was a pain to aim and get set up. Is the BS worth it?

How’s everyone liking the BS? I have a V3 now with MKM off barrel mount. Had a Labradar but was a pain to aim and get set up. Is the BS worth it?
I'm probably gonna switch back to my MS3 if SSD doesn't send me a replacement unit cause my bs4 is tweaking

They have an ios app update available on Testflight. I've heard it should be in the app store soon. It gives a color representation for number of detections (quality of reading) and makes export easier. Also changed display to read in whole numbers instead of .x

Hey I'm starting to wonder If maybe the bs4 just doesn't like Samsung devices.. cause both of my s20 ultra and tab s6 it malfunctions by either disconnecting sometimes or spitting out readings like the 750fps even if I have my hand covering the bs4. Or maybe I got a lemon from ssd

Mine does the same thing especially in the wind. Even covering it gives readings.

The AndiScan does the same thing at times in the wind but you can reduce the sensitivity of it but you can't with the BS.

Mine does the same thing especially in the wind. Even covering it gives readings.

The AndiScan does the same thing at times in the wind but you can reduce the sensitivity of it but you can't with the BS.
Honestly though I know we got ours in the same batch and I think there is something wrong with the battery. Mine always happens when the battery gets low and I talked to longseeker and they are sensing me a new one

My battery is at 75% so I don’t think it’s the battery. Let me know how the replacement fares.

My battery is at 75% so I don’t think it’s the battery. Let me know how the replacement fares.
I mean ya I've had issues at all over but multiple times when it got under 20 percent I would get like 50 readings of 700ish fps in 1 minute... I will but it might take months who knows

Mine has shown that same reading of 742 a couple times. My biggest issue is getting it to pick up the shots at all. I tried mounting it to my ARCA rail on my foundation and even with the parabolic adapter it won’t pick anything up. I literally have to strap it to my barrel just behind the muzzle in order for it to read. It doesn’t like my APA break that I have on another rifle either. I feel lucky when I actually get a reading.

I'm genuinely disappointed that many users on SH are having so many problems with the BS4. I have had excellent results with mine configured as shown below and shooting suppressed. My two units have not missed a read on a shot yet after several trips to the range. However, it sounds like I have just been fortunate, because there appears to be some real problems with some of the units. Hopefully, BS can get the bugs worked out of the bad systems that have gone out. Fortunately, I have not experienced the issues that some are having. For expensive as these units are, they should work flawlessly and will not survive in the market if they keep putting out a significant percentage of bad units. FYI, I have used the Android version only. I have not tried the iOS version.

A2 suppressed.jpg
HTI suppressed.jpg

Reactions: Speed
I posted this in the other one as well so I am copy and pasti

So I got to give an update on my BS4 and ssd. So as some of you might know I have had some issues with the bs4 I got from ssd. It was constantly spitting out readings like 750fps even if it was just sitting on my reloading bench. I first contacted ssd and they took forever to do anything and then finally I got in contact with Klara at longseeker back around December 10th. So ssd finally got me a return label from DHL. So on the 18th DHL came to pick it up which they have to inspect the package contents and everything then they seal it up and put the label on. So a couple days later I reached out to ssd because the plan was the old unit goes to ssd and longseeker sends the new unit to ssd and then they send it to me. So probably a couple months realistically. So I emailed ssd and asked if since DHL had to inspect it can they just send me the new one now well I got an auto response from ssd saying we will be out of the office from 12 21 until 1 9 23. So I was like well shit.. but the next day Klara emailed me and said hey I'm just going to send the new bs4 directly to you! I got the tracking that same day and it showed up on the 28th. Longseeker is totally awesome! Also I took it out yesterday and it picked up every shot no weird numbers or nothing. I did have it disconnect once but it was after sitting without a shot for awhile! I also noticed on the one I had issues with that after about a 3 hour range session the battery would go from 100 to about 20 percent. Yesterday after almost 3 hours it went from 100 down to 73%. So bottom line if you have issues reach out to Klara at longseeker she is badass!

I posted this in the other one as well so I am copy and pasti

So I got to give an update on my BS4 and ssd. So as some of you might know I have had some issues with the bs4 I got from ssd. It was constantly spitting out readings like 750fps even if it was just sitting on my reloading bench. I first contacted ssd and they took forever to do anything and then finally I got in contact with Klara at longseeker back around December 10th. So ssd finally got me a return label from DHL. So on the 18th DHL came to pick it up which they have to inspect the package contents and everything then they seal it up and put the label on. So a couple days later I reached out to ssd because the plan was the old unit goes to ssd and longseeker sends the new unit to ssd and then they send it to me. So probably a couple months realistically. So I emailed ssd and asked if since DHL had to inspect it can they just send me the new one now well I got an auto response from ssd saying we will be out of the office from 12 21 until 1 9 23. So I was like well shit.. but the next day Klara emailed me and said hey I'm just going to send the new bs4 directly to you! I got the tracking that same day and it showed up on the 28th. Longseeker is totally awesome! Also I took it out yesterday and it picked up every shot no weird numbers or nothing. I did have it disconnect once but it was after sitting without a shot for awhile! I also noticed on the one I had issues with that after about a 3 hour range session the battery would go from 100 to about 20 percent. Yesterday after almost 3 hours it went from 100 down to 73%. So bottom line if you have issues reach out to Klara at longseeker she is badass!
You have a carriage return problem.

Did you have to send Klara any information showing the issues? I’ve had it register random numbers while it was on a tailgate but I didn’t save them

Last edited:
Just reach out and tell them your issue if you can get them to save that helps but it seems like the 2nd production run is the culprit what's your serial number?

Ya mine was like 371. Also they are working on the app as well but I feel you. That's why I reached out to them

I’ve had mine for a while but haven’t been able to use it with my Labradar to check accuracy yet. Hopefully soon.

Does youra every pick up random low number shots like 700-1000 range. It seemed mine would do it when the battery got low like under 30%

I received my replacement and it does the same thing as the old one but not at nearly the same rate. But, it's still there.

So the parabolic adapter just came today. So this thing is just a piece of metal and what changes the angle that the bs4 views radar?

So the parabolic adapter just came today. So this thing is just a piece of metal and what changes the angle that the bs4 views radar?
It focuses the radar to a smaller diameter.

I talked to them yesterday. They said they had a few go out that were the wrong diameter. The parabolic adapter I have fit my old one (it was a tight fit) but not the new one. Send them an email if you have one that won't fit. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

When they say the parabolic adaptor triples the range, there are no numbers to elaborate on that. Is there a limit to therange? And is there a way to get velocities downrange?

You mean as in velocity at the target? Negative. I think it goes from 3 meter to 9 meter sight

So does this thing work or not? I'd like to have something easier to use than my v3 (it's pretty good with the mk mount since I modified it, but adjusting the mount for different guns gets a little old some times). I'd be down for one of these or the other one but they don't seem to work all that well from what everyone says that has one. I don't want anything I have to fool with a bunch. I'd have a Labradar otherwise.

I have 500+ rounds over my BS4 and love it. Way simpler and more reliable than my MS or LR. I have heard others have had problems but mine has been much better than other chronos. Perfect, no. Better than the alternatives, yes significantly, at least for me. I no longer have an MS, a LR, or Caldwell.

Love mine. Can place on any gun in less than 30 seconds. Easy to navigate and see data. Yes sometimes it throws a random 700 fps.shot. but compared to all the other options this was best for me. I've tried it down to 556 and it worked great.

Update 15JAN23. Went to use today, unit wouldn't stay connected. Probably Jynxed myself on that one. Unit works off rifle, but looks like recoil has knocked something loose inside. I emailed long seeker and will keep the thread updated with the response.

Last edited:
So I spoke to soon parshal... I went out again today and had a shitload of the weird readings again.. I'm starting to wonder if it could have something to do with the devices were using.. idk mine is a Samsung tab s6 and a galaxy s20 ultra.