• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burning trees is the green thing to do

hlee

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 14, 2012
    TX
    They would have a lot more heat for a lot longer, if they burned tires instead. And on top of that, they'd be helping clean-up the countryside.

Reactions: lash
    They would have a lot more heat for a lot longer, if they burned tires instead. And on top of that, they'd be helping clean-up the countryside.

They do, when they're on a roadside speed camera

1664383195016.png

Actually, a tree releases the same amount of CO2 whether you burn it or it rots.
    erm not the salient point. Burning releases particulate matter whereas rotting does not. Hence why ash is bad, m'kay.

• Haha
    Reactions: DIBBS
    erm not the salient point. Burning releases particulate matter whereas rotting does not. Hence why ash is bad, m'kay.
    No, ash is now good. It’s the product of clean burning, renewable, bio-energy. It even acts as fertilizer for the next wave of generation. “Ash is bad” is old-think.

I just got the email that my order of 2 tons of soft wood pellets for my pellet stove are ready for pickup. I'm ready for winter now.

Branden
    Out of curiosity why do they use soft wood instead of hard wood? Seems like a longer lasting heat would be better, but wood stoves and furnaces aren’t needed here.

hell I lived several years with no heater at all even in 12-20 degrees several times, throw another couple blankets on.

Reactions: Average guy
    But… remember all those protesters in the mid 80’s demanding an end to paper grocery bags and McDonald’s packaging? Protesting outside McDonald’s because… trees!!! They are killing trees!!!

We needed plastic grocery bags and styrofoam McDonald’s packaging. Because trees.

Here is the deal… the bitchy left will never shut up. They are hard wired with mental illness to be overly empathetic, attention seeking mentally ill freaks. Let them get their way on something and they move on to the next thing to destroy. It’s not about science or the planet or common sense. It is a tantrum like a kid wanting cereal at Safeway.

Let Europe burn what little wood they have left. Excellent! That means no more Danish Modern Junk from IKEA. Though I will miss French Walnut gunstocks…

Fuck them all!

Sirhr

These people are so clueless. You know that it is not uncommon to have CO2 generators in commercial green houses.....and horror of all horror they run on propane.

Guess they don't know that plants like CO2. More of it makes happy plants. Now CO, that is a different beast all together.

Wanted to add:

There was a study we all likely know the surface of. Talking to your plants make them grow better. Know the why behind it. It is your breath, and no not the taco bell breath, the CO2. You are basically blowing it right on the plant when you are talking to it. That CO2 makes the plant happy and healthy.

But… remember all those protesters in the mid 80’s demanding an end to paper grocery bags and McDonald’s packaging? Protesting outside McDonald’s because… trees!!! They are killing trees!!!

We needed plastic grocery bags and styrofoam McDonald’s packaging. Because trees.

Here is the deal… the bitchy left will never shut up. They are hard wired with mental illness to be overly empathetic, attention seeking mentally ill freaks. Let them get their way on something and they move on to the next thing to destroy. It’s not about science or the planet or common sense. It is a tantrum like a kid wanting cereal at Safeway.

Let Europe burn what little wood they have left. Excellent! That means no more Danish Modern Junk from IKEA. Though I will miss French Walnut gunstocks…

Fuck them all!

Sirhr
    I have been telling people this too. Back then most all of our packaging was compostable. I.E Of all of it that got thrown in the bart pit, tuned into plant food and put back into the cycle.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
    Out of curiosity why do they use soft wood instead of hard wood? Seems like a longer lasting heat would be better, but wood stoves and furnaces aren’t needed here.

hell I lived several years with no heater at all even in 12-20 degrees several times, throw another couple blankets on.
    Softwood pellets have a higher btu content surprisingly. I burned hardwood all last year, went through just shy of 2 tons, but I didn't technically start using the stove until new years eve because it didn't get very cold until then.

I'm waiting for a cold night soon to fire up the stove and make sure everything still works on it. I'm probly gonna pickup a new blower motor for a backup unit, the exhaust blower is new last season, fucker seized up tight one evening. Was making some horrible noises, and while I was trying to sort it out, it just stopped....suddenly. Thank goodness I had already started the shutdown process, and the fire was already out completely.

Branden

I thought we were supposed to plant trees to soak up all of the evil CO2. Now “bio-energy” is the new green? Someone should tell them fools in CA that backyard fire pits are back in fashion.
    nobody burns more trees than California.

• Haha
    Reactions: Docsherm