• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris Customer Services at its worst, please help/advise. (UPDATE: 09DEC23)

There's far too many options out there now to roll the dice with a company that has zero CS.
Leupold CS has always been fantastic, as well as Athlon, and Vortex.
Unfortunately, you need the Vortex warranty far more than with Leupold and Athlon,,,
Opposite of my experience with multiple Leupold‘s and one Athlon but so far no Vortex I have owned have been returned for warranty issues. I have had a couple that I wasn’t happy with mainly glass quality expectations but they were perfectly fine otherwis.

There's far too many options out there now to roll the dice with a company that has zero CS.
Leupold CS has always been fantastic, as well as Athlon, and Vortex.
Unfortunately, you need the Vortex warranty far more than with Leupold and Athlon,,,
No company is immune. I've been on this forum and others for over a decade. I've seen threads like this, and sometimes far worse, on every single scope manufacturer on the planet. Including Vortex and Leupold.

iu

All the fanboys say they’re just as good or better than MK5’s and NX8’s. I ordered it from a rando ass retailer so it will get pulled from a distributors stock and when I get it I’ll treat it like a red headed step child.

Attachments

• IMG_0356.jpeg
    IMG_0356.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 205
No company is immune. I've been on this forum and others for over a decade. I've seen threads like this, and sometimes far worse, on every single scope manufacturer on the planet. Including Vortex and Leupold.
Yeah that's definitely true. The thing here is though, that the attitude of the whole outfit seems to be pretty consistent, and not in a good way. Having issues is something that every manufacturer and business has to deal with, as I know very well myself in my own business. The attitude towards customers is a different matter and by my count thats 3 ITT with the same attitude towards customers. It's not a good look man and I don't think brushing it off is either honestly.

View attachment 8275704
Turns out this is a very relevant image lol
Right? What a terrible take. HIs comment sounded like a Fuddy self-evangelical Boomer. "The devil's lettuce made 'em lazy, horny, and thieves! It only leads to unplanned pregnancies and coat-hanger abortions! Destroy the demon-plant!" People like that kill me... If they only knew just how many people in the world utilize the health and mood-elevating benefits of hemp, CBD, and THC in one form, or another, on a daily basis, it would blow their minds.

Reactions: jr81452
Right? What a terrible take. HIs comment sounded like a Fuddy self-evangelical Boomer. "The devil's lettuce made 'em lazy, horny, and thieves! It only leads to unplanned pregnancies and coat-hanger abortions! Destroy the demon-plant!" People like that kill me... If they only knew just how many people in the world utilize the health and mood-elevating benefits of hemp, CBD, and THC in one form, or another, on a daily basis, it would blow their minds.

That really blows my mind, man!

D6775E0A-897C-48D4-B8FB-CEE4E7995765.png

A few months back I had ordered (2) New Burris XTR Pro's direct from Burris and after my first outing with them I decided to give both scopes a cleaning, during the cleaning I noticed not just one of the Burris Pro's had debris inside both the Bell and Optical Lens but they both did to an extent it's was visually noticeable while using the Scopes.

Both scopes also suffered from gritty magnification rings that felt like they were rolling over gravel and one had a issue with the parallax not being properly calibrated.

I contacted Burris Customer service and informed them of the issues, they were extremely helpful and sent a prepaid return label, and off they went.

About three weeks later I received a email stating the issues had been fixed and they would soon be on their way. I contacted Burris and to make sure all the issues were addressed, the customer service rep was extremely helpful and even went in back to physically verifie both scopes were repaired and there was no debris inside the scopes. You would imagine my surprise after receiving both scopes back that they still had debris inside on all lenses and only one of the magnification rings was fixed.

So I contacted them again, and just like before the customer service rep was polite and helpful and agreed there most be some issues in the clean rooms and the repair techs missed the magnification ring issue. Again they offered the prepaid shipping label but this time would send out new scopes. Outstanding!! I even told them that I will be using these scope for a Review on Snipershide for a Custom JP LRI-20 and I would make sure to mention their Outstanding customer service 👏 👏👏and out they went again!

Three days again I received another email that said they were sending out my scopes, and just like last time I called and verified that they were sending out two new scopes. Once I reached Customer Service they again verified that was the case and I thanked them again for the outstanding support.

And that brings us to today about a hour ago I received both scopes back and guess what?, yup! same two scopes only this time obviously nothing was repaired just sent back to me just like they left.

Again I called Customer service, this time I got Shawn on the line told him who I was and that the exact same Scopes that I had just returned came back to me not the new ones.
Sean was immediately defensive and stated that on their side the system says two new scopes were sent out, and all he could do is send another shipping label.... Oh Joy! As I try to explain to him that these are definitely my old scopes he decided to cut me off and hang up.

Ok.. Shawn is having a bad day, so I called back again and Shawn picked up so I asked him why he hung up on me and he said I was arguing with him, well yes I was because I was trying to explain that these are definitely my old scopes because I took photos of the serial # on both before I sent them back last time and you can still see the ring marks, the caps that I marked and the blue painters tape I used to seal them up.

View attachment 8273916View attachment 8273919
View attachment 8273923
View attachment 8273924

At this point instead of dealing with Shawn's bullshit and piss poor customer service I asked to speak to his supervisor (Yup total Karen move!) But at this point it's my only option, Shawn states he's not available, cool I'll wait! Then Shawn says he's not here now...lol Okay and again I ask to speak to ANY supervisor because this bullshit needs to be resolved, Shawn replies then don't be our Customer and hangs up.

Did Burris merge with Larue?? What in the actual fuck?
And I felt like I was even called out for even mentioning the grittiness like fine sand in the zoom ring when I mentioned my own dissatisfaction with the XTR PRO. Now that you mentioned two of yours, I noticed there's some tiny particles on the inside the objective side glass but it doesn't seem to affect the image quality.

Burris apparently still has an A+ rating on the BBB even though they have two complaints posted. One of them resembles your experience.

Too bad this happened but instead of buying another XTR PRO after not being too happy with the first one, I chose to buy another Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 on sale that was just too good to pass up and was cheaper than the XTR3 (Japan LOW quality vs Philippines and no, I don't mean low quality it's Light Optical Works quality) and also took a chance on the new LOW quality Element Optics Theos 6-36x56 instead for just a little more money than the XTR PRO. I expect it to be night and day better than the Burris.
So far had good luck with Japan made LOW quality made scopes not needing to send any in so far for warranty.

Warranty and customer service department from several well known brands really needs to take lessons from Vortex.

All the fanboys say they’re just as good or better than MK5’s and NX8’s. I ordered it from a rando ass retailer so it will get pulled from a distributors stock and when I get it I’ll treat it like a red headed step child.
Wrong scope you ordered, OP complained about both of his USA MADE XTR PROs not the cheaper Philippines made XTR3.

If he bought the XTR3 rather than XTR3i (which it looks like he did) then he bought a US made scope.
I just thought he wanted to make a point and put the XTR PRO through it's paces to prove of it's really garbage.

I just thought he wanted to make a point and put the XTR PRO through it's paces to prove of it's really garbage.

They are both USA Made XTR Pro's, I purchased both Scope because I was interested in seeing how they performed after reading all the reviews, seemed like a feature rich Scope that would work well with my Precision Large Frame AR's. I'll reserve any future comments for when I receive the new replacement Scopes.

Screenshot_20231119_041014_Chrome.jpg

Wrong scope you ordered, OP complained about both of his USA MADE XTR PROs not the cheaper Philippines made XTR3.

I ordered an XTR3i which people say all the time is as good or better than MK5’s, NX8’s, and a slew of other optics costing more. The illuminated version made in the Philippines is said to be better than the US made non illuminated version by the fanboys.

No I didn’t order a pro because there’s no fucking way any Burris is worth 2K. I’ll waste 1K of my money to prove a point but not 2K.

Why don’t you order a pro since you’re the optics wizard and compare it to your Chinese Athlons and give us an exact break down of value to the penny of both optics?

If he bought the XTR3 rather than XTR3i (which it looks like he did) then he bought a US made scope.

No I ordered the imported version which costs $300 more because the fanboys claim it’s better than the US version as far as glass quality, function of controls (tightness of parallax, mag, turrets), thickness of the reticle, and overall build quality.

Update:

Got a call from the shift supervisor Shelby, Frank, he's personally sending out 2 new Scopes. Once they arrive I'll inspect the new scopes and send back the defective scopes.
Glad someone finally reached out to rectify the issue.
Something is happening across the board as far as employee and customer service. It’s very likely the worker didn’t do shit to the scopes and just sent them back. Supervisors and higher ups typically just trust the worker’s judgment and don’t worry about checking. Ever since Covid people just don’t care anymore if they have a job or not.
Fast food service sucks. I heard a worker at McDonald’s tell her supervisor to shut the fuck up! And he did, lol he walked away.
Shipping providers sucks.
Walmart sucks.
Everything sucks!
Nobody gives a shit anymore. Hopefully Burris will make this right, I’ve had nothing but good luck with Burris CS thru the years, admittedly I haven’t dealt with them post Covid, and my xtr3 5.5-30 is pretty nice, I nit pick scopes and it gets 9 out of 10 for me.
There is definitely something to be said about the lack of professionalism within the service sector in our society. It’s not close to what used to be commonplace. Courtesy seems to have gone the way of the dodo bird in a general sense. I believe that this has been exacerbated by folks working from home with little to zero oversight to hold them accountable. It also seems like being rude to customers is “cool” now.

@bigjake83 As I read through this thread, I was shocked that no one suggested writing/typing a letter and snail mailing it to the Burris corporate office. I had separate issues with a customer service rep and billing department at a large online retailer. I tried resolving the billing issue via phone for over a year and would only get temporary one-time fixes. The issue was that I was overtaxed on every purchase from this retailer and if I didn’t call to request a refund for being overtaxed after placing my orders, they would not refund the overage amount. I looked up the company address for their headquarters and ended up writing a letter to anddress my concerns after dealing with a snotty customer service rep on the phone.

For the customer service issue, I received a prompt phone call with an apology within 5 business days of mailing the letter. My concern was that I was being sold used items that were advertised as new. The last customer service rep did the return label deal and sent another used item. When I called back to address the issue, I spoke with a rep who was rude to me. After my letter reached the office, I received a phone call including an apology. I was told that the company takes these sort of complaints seriously. New items were promptly shipped to me and I was told the customer service employee would be re-trained. Most importantly after my letter was recieved, the company changed their entire system to where cutomers would be taxed appropriately and not overcharged. I haven’t had that issue since.

My point is this. If we can go onto forums and social media and type paragraphs venting and ranting about these types of issue, we can google corporate addresses, type letters, pay $1 for an envelope and stamp, and mail them. For some reason corporate managers don’t seem to like negative letters. I’ve done this to some huge companies across various industries. The worst stonewalling occurs when they tell you to lawyer up. It takes a while to get to this point. For our needs, a letter can go a long way. To be effective, it’s good to know the date, approximate time, and name of the people you spoke with on the phone. Also include your order number of your online purchases or a copy of your receipt if you purchased from a brick and mortar store.

Just some suggestions using my experiences in seeking resolutions for similar issues. I hope it helps someone reading this.

I ordered an XTR3i which people say all the time is as good or better than MK5’s, NX8’s, and a slew of other optics costing more. The illuminated version made in the Philippines is said to be better than the US made non illuminated version by the fanboys.

No I didn’t order a pro because there’s no fucking way any Burris is worth 2K. I’ll waste 1K of my money to prove a point but not 2K.

Why don’t you order a pro since you’re the optics wizard and compare it to your Chinese Athlons and give us an exact break down of value to the penny of both optics?
I have the PRO and stated I don't really like it due to the grittiness like fine sand inside the magnification wjen zooming in or out. I also think it's not worth the price they charge after comparing it to my similarly priced my NX8 4-32x50.

The PRO is rough compared to the NX8, Tract Toric ELR, and Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2. The cheaper Midas Tac and Ares BTR Gen 2 are both smoother and almost as clear and already urlsed them enough to trust their perfect repeatable tracking. I haven't put the PRO through it's paces yet and thinking of selling it since I already bought an Element Optics Theos to replace it with.

I have the PRO and already stated my dissatisfaction about it regarding the grittiness like fine sand inside the magnification ring and overall rough feel to it. I much prefer my similarly priced NX8 over it. I too don't think the PRO bis really worth what they sell them for.

Several of my recent replies seem to disappear and have to keep on retyping the replies.

Then BOOM my previous reply magically appears!!!???

Alright, I ordered one of these turd nuggets so we’ll see what’s up. Rest assured that any issues that arise will be made well known.
No bullshit, this is great.

Neither the XTR Pro or the XTR 3 people complained about stiff knobs were Filipino. Both were USA made scopes.
nah, my Filipino XTR3i had stiff-but-spongey turrets & a gritty mag ring, although these broke into "acceptable/good", still far from "great". It still has a horrible parallax knob stiffness that has not broken in at all, despite having run it a lot (it’s on a .22LR). Burris has seen this scope for a turret repair & OK'ed my dogshit parallax knob. That knob is why I didn’t buy a 3.3-18 XTR3 for a plinker gas gun

function of controls (tightness of parallax, mag, turrets)
IMO, these are the XTR3i’s weakness, see above. Also, the machining on the turrets is rough. For the price, glass quality is probably its strong suit

Last edited:
Reactions: redneckbmxer24
No bullshit, this is great.

nah, my Filipino XTR3i had stiff-but-spongey turrets & a gritty mag ring, although these broke into "acceptable/good", still far from "great". It still has a horrible parallax knob stiffness that has not broken in at all, despite having run it a lot (it’s on a .22LR). Burris has seen this scope for a turret repair & OK'ed my dogshit parallax knob. That knob is why I didn’t buy a 3.3-18 XTR3 for a plinker gas gun

IMO, these are the XTR3i’s weakness, see above. Also, the machining on the turrets is rough.

---

I'll reiterate there's no excuse for what @bigjake83 experienced. You can hire shitty people and then blame it on them, but that's pretty near sighted.

I thought I remembered you posting somewhere that yours broke pretty early on, what happened exactly?

If the XTR3i’s controls are that bad I can only imagine how bad the US assembled ones must be if they’re worse as many claim.

It will probably be a couple weeks before I have it if I had to guess. Between ordering from a retailer that will most likely drop ship from a distributor to get as random of a selection as I could and the Black Friday/cyber week shipping cluster fuck that’s going to start unfolding tomorrow I’m sure it’s not going to be here in two days like if I had ordered it from Euro Optic or someone like that.

Reactions: R_A_W
I remember that thread now. That must be the single complaint of a broken XTR3 mentioned earlier in this thread.

Do you still have it? Is it still holding up and tracking?

Still have it & intend to keep it. It works great for the .22LR it's on. It doesn't receive any abuse on that gun, so I can't really speak to its durability.

Tracking has been great, contrast isn't the best, chromatic aberration is present but not horrible, parallax # are within 25yds, eyebox & DOF are more forgiving than a 735 ATACR... but man, that parallax knob.

Last edited:
Nothing a Ubolt and a 1’ length of 2x4 won’t fix to make it usable. That’s the only thing keeping it from being just as good as a S&B, TT, or ZCO right?

Mine will be going on a 6ARC Seekins gas gun which isn’t harsh but optics have been known to not like the BCG slamming back and forth.

I’ve got a MK5 and another on the way to compare it to and may order an NX8 as well since those get brought up a lot in comparison.

I've shot Mk5 5-25s plenty, but never next to the XTR3i... going off my memory, I think it's a fair comparison. Mk5 has better fit/feel/function and better DOF, no question. Mk5 probably has better contrast and less chromatic aberration, but I'd need to see them side-by-side to be sure.

I think both Mk5s and NX8s are some of the most poorly priced optics out there... which makes it easier for me to be very critical of both. Regardless, I'm looking forward to your review.

Speaking of the health benefits of weed, looking hard enough I can see the benefits in a lot of things.

Some folks got to this world/owe their very existence to 5 stiff shots of Jack Daniels, it was dark, and somebody wasn't seeing too good.

Oh the wonder of it all.

Everyone and every company makes mistakes. That said anything connected to Beretta and it's holdings appears to be a shit show WAY too often as of late. I had issues with a Sako S20 (accuracy and not picking up a round from the mag), sent it back (it took months literally to get a response by phone, email etc.), then they tried to have me send it to a external gunsmith shop (which was wrong on their part any accuracy issues goes back to Beretta direct) thankfully I caught that before I shipped it to the wrong repair site. By the time it finally got to them they could not replicate the issue (not picking up a round from the mag, commonly reported with the S20) and just sent it back saying it shot to their standards. First day at the range, with the ammo they say they tested with, same problem, you can clearly see the rear of the cartridge didn't get pushed up flush. Multiple people shot that gun at the range with the ammo they said they tested with, not one has even come close to a 1" group.

I love my TRG and M4, but I'll never touch another brand that uses Beretta for support.

Also this is me personally, but while I'm happy for an end user when they have a bad CS experience and come to a forum, facebook etc. and the bad press gets the company to finally step in and fix the issue, that doesn't let the company off the hook IMO because they only stepped up out of fear of the extra bad press they were getting. If they were a good company they'd have done the right thing without a bunch of bad press in a forum, or a rep etc. stepping in to get things done.

Reactions: AleksanderSuave
Both Burris and Bushnell Customer Service lost me forever as a customer, from owning 5-10 of each company's optics (and selling lots to friends and family) to never buying from them again.

Sorry you're having such an experience; I'm more shocked that anyone at Burris (being owned by a huge corporate outfit / Beretta) has the authority to ship out $3000 in replacement scopes without having the defective ones in hand than I am at their CS hanging up on you.

Hope the replacements are everything you hope for (y)

Both Burris and Bushnell Customer Service lost me forever as a customer, from owning 5-10 of each company's optics (and selling lots to friends and family) to never buying from them again.

Sorry you're having such an experience; I'm more shocked that anyone at Burris (being owned by a huge corporate outfit / Beretta) has the authority to ship out $3000 in replacement scopes without having the defective ones in hand than I am at their CS hanging up on you.

Hope the replacements are everything you hope for (y)
I think Burris was better before they were taken over by Beretta like how Bushnell used to be somewhat good before they got taken over by Vista.

Oh boy... came by this thread as i was sending my XTRIII back for round 2,decided to check for dandruff. Is that a whisker?
I'm confident Burris will get it resolved.
1000002931.jpg

Well I guess I can cross anything made by Burris off of my list.

No one is perfect, and anything made by humans can fail or have flaws but this seems a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: Dr.Zaius
decided to check for dandruff. Is that a whisker?

Well that sucks, going to have to check mine now haha

I wonder if there is an adhesive that is drying out & flaking… because that’s a LOT of dust for even a regular room, not to mention a clean room

edit:: lenses are perfectly clean as of right now

Last edited:
Reactions: supercorndogs
Well I guess I can cross anything made by Burris off of my list.

No one is perfect, and anything made by humans can fail or have flaws but this seems a bit ridiculous.
I didn't put it out to bag on Burris. I checked all of my Burris scopes the other 5 g2g.
Side note dealing with Burris CS has been great.
I posted it for all the Burris fan boys that will crap on Leupold for the same shit.

Jesus...
Glad I read through this post I was a few clicks away from ordering an XTR3 myself.
As a non biased observer, I do find it hilarious when the fan boys show up and trash the dissenters for calling out their battered housewife syndrome..

Reactions: Stoweit
Jesus...
Glad I read through this post I was a few clicks away from ordering an XTR3 myself.
As a non biased observer, I do find it hilarious when the fan boys show up and trash the dissenters for calling out their battered housewife syndrome..

The XTRIII is the nicest scope in its class at <$1500. As good or better than some at <$2000. They've been producing that scope going on four years now. There's thousands of them out there in the hands of very happy shooters. It's not going to stop being a fantastic value and stop being a go to optic just because of this thread.

I've read through these threads for years with various manufacturers in the title line. Who knows who it will be next, but it'll be somebody. No one is immune to making mistakes or creating an upset customer here and there.

Good luck on your scope purchase.

The XTRIII is the nicest scope in its class at <$1500. As good or better than some at <$2000. They've been producing that scope going on four years now. There's thousands of them out there in the hands of very happy shooters. It's not going to stop being a fantastic value and stop being a go to optic just because of this thread.

I've read through these threads for years with various manufacturers in the title line. Who knows who it will be next, but it'll be somebody. No one is immune to making mistakes or creating an upset customer here and there.

Good luck on your scope purchase.
You arent wrong that everyone messes up.

The difference is how its handled when there IS a mess up. This was handled worse than almost anything we've seen here in a long time.

You guys almost had me but there is no way in HELL I am purchasing the XTRiii i wanted to try out if this is how issues will be handled.

I mean... compare this to any Vortex thread lol. Pretty rough.

The way thee handled my XTRII, or should I say didn't handle it I'll never buy another Burris again. Though they tell me there nothing wrong with my scope I now have tried it on 3 AR's and still have a scope that shoots grapefruit size 100 yard 5 shot groups when before it went tits up shot 1 moa 5 shot groups on the original AR it was on. A POF 415. I since tried it on a Noveske N4 Afghan and a LMT CQB.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BurtG
You arent wrong that everyone messes up.

The difference is how its handled when there IS a mess up. This was handled worse than almost anything we've seen here in a long time.

You guys almost had me but there is no way in HELL I am purchasing the XTRiii i wanted to try out if this is how issues will be handled.

I mean... compare this to any Vortex thread lol. Pretty rough.

A few years back, a guy bought a Nightforce optic that was absolute crap. He posted his issues for a bit, the thread went a few pages long. They kept refusing to deal with the issue, then he really got pissed, went full salted earth on them.

Long story short, there were a couple threads about it. It got so ugly, he ended up signing an NDA with NF that he would stop bashing them. In return, they finally got him taken care of. One thread ended up going a dozen pages as every unhappy NF scope buyer came out of the woodwork.

Nightforce is still making great scopes and folks are still buying them. Most people on here nowadays never saw that thread and most of the folks that did have probably forgotten about it.

Burris will keep plugging away till they get this gentleman taken care of. And life will go on. You can all speak with your wallet.

I do not think these are isolated accidents ... Steiner and Burris CS has taken a deep dive for the worst in the last 2 years ... just saying ... QC has slipped for MANY good companies since COVID ... bottom line ... workers just don't care anymore to produce a quality outcome ... second ... companies literally are just filling jobs with warm bodies not leading but managing businesses at this point ... thus we get all this Burris nonsense ...

Last edited:
I know I'm not anywhere near the scope aficionado as most of you guys, but I recently purchased an XTR-III 3.3-18 and I'm very happy with it. I spoke with CS a couple of times on the phone before I made the purchase just to answer some questions, and they were polite and responsive to me. This is my 4th Burris optic, and it will NOT be my last.

I also recently purchased a Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x42 for my 10/22 because I wanted a SFP scope for that rifle. Once again, the Vortex is great. I've also dealt with Vortex CS and they were also easy to deal with. This is my also my 4th Vortex optic, including 2 spotting scopes.

Maybe my standards are not as high as the rest of you, but these two companies are both top notch in my book, both have great products and I always seem to look to them first when I need a new optic. They are priced right for my needs.

Just my $ .02 worth...

Reactions: Baron23
Alright, I ordered one of these turd nuggets so we’ll see what’s up. Rest assured that any issues that arise will be made well known.
I call dibs when you sell it. I’ll meet you in Tampa and trade you beer and some Flips.

I do not think these are isolated accidents ... Steiner and Burris CS has taken a deep dive for the worst in the last 2 years ... just saying ... QC has slipped for MANY good companies since COVID ... bottom line ... workers just don't care anymore to produce a quality outcome ... second ... companies literally are just filling jobs with warm bodies not leading but managing businesses at this point ... thus we get all this Burris nonsense ...
Idk. I think it’s a YMMV incident

When I bought my T6, I fat fingered my address in and the place I bought it from was no help

I sent Steiner a email and got a swift response, on a Saturday no less, and they caught it before it went out the door and had the address fixed.

Reactions: Average guy
Idk. I think it’s a YMMV incident

When I bought my T6, I fat fingered my address in and the place I bought it from was no help

I sent Steiner a email and got a swift response, on a Saturday no less, and they caught it before it went out the door and had the address fixed.
Naw ... here is my list of issues in the last two years ... nearly almost all optics had QC issues with dirt and specks inside the optic ... just like what the OP and others with Burris XTR3s are posting ...... no no ... Steiner and Burris def have a QC problem right now in the last two years ...

4 out of 4 optics I bought in the last 2 years have had QC issues ... 1 out of 1 laser had issue ... maybe I am a sponge ...

1) 5-25x56 M5XI (many dirt specks and terrible CA)
2) 3-15X50 M5XI (many dirt specks)
3) P4XI 1-4 (loose/wiggly illumination knob)
4) S332 (many dirt specks)

1) TOR Laser (wouldn't zero, ran out of adjustment)

To their credit ... it has always been taken care of ... mostly within 2 months ... but the TOR laser was the icing on the cake for me (mind you I sent in my laser in January and didn't ask for progress report until April) ... Steiner/Burris Colorado had no idea what Steiner eOptics in Ohio was doing ... they literally sent an email to eOptics to get an update ... two weeks passed nothing ... so I emailed for an update ... they still haven't heard back ... so I replied "pick up the phone and call them" ... two more weeks passed nothing ... I wait another two weeks ... no update ... at this point I just lay into it ... they have had my laser since January with no progress ... not my fault eOptics is dropping the ball ... the next day ... I get a tracking ... brand new replacement on the way ... and after that I was done with Steiner/Burris and it seems QC is still not really fixed and CS is all over the place ... so I'll hold out on buying another new Steiner/Burris product for the time being ...

Last edited:
Naw ... here is my list of issues in the last two years ... nearly almost all optics had QC issues with dirt and specks inside the optic ... just like what the OP and others with Burris XTR3s are posting ...... no no ... Steiner and Burris def have a QC problem right now in the last two years ...
So, basically, you mean, since covid...

Reactions: TheBigCountry

4 out of 4 optics I bought in the last 2 years have had QC issues ... 1 out of 1 laser had issue ... maybe I am a sponge ...

1) 5-25x56 M5XI (many dirt specks and terrible CA)
2) 3-15X50 M5XI (many dirt specks)
3) P4XI 1-4 (loose/wiggly illumination knob)
4) S332 (many dirt specks)

1) TOR Laser (wouldn't zero, ran out of adjustment)

To their credit ... it has always been taken care of ... mostly within 2 months ... but the TOR laser was the icing on the cake for me (mind you I sent in my laser in January and didn't ask for progress report until April) ... Steiner/Burris Colorado had no idea what Steiner eOptics in Ohio was doing ... they literally sent an email to eOptics to get an update ... two weeks passed nothing ... so I emailed for an update ... they still haven't heard back ... so I replied "pick up the phone and call them" ... two more weeks passed nothing ... I wait another two weeks ... no update ... at this point I just lay into it ... they have had my laser since January with no progress ... not my fault eOptics is dropping the ball ... the next day ... I get a tracking ... brand new replacement on the way ... and after that I was done with Steiner/Burris and it seems QC is still not really fixed and CS is all over the place ... so I'll hold out on buying another new Steiner/Burris product for the time being ...
If you read my post, it clearly said YMMV

My T6 has been awesome and tracked out to 1000.

My one experience with customer service was excellent.

Sample size of 1. I’ll continue to use their crap and eying an XTR3i or another T6 3-18

If you read my post, it clearly said YMMV

My T6 has been awesome and tracked out to 1000.

My one experience with customer service was excellent.

Sample size of 1. I’ll continue to use their crap and eying an XTR3i or another T6 3-18
I am also looking to pick up an XTR Pro before the Spring rimfire season starts up.

Reactions: Schütze