• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris Customer Services at its worst, please help/advise. (UPDATE: 09DEC23)

So, you could then understand why anyone actually going to work physically might want to try to get the maximum pay for their time and effort could you not?

Customer service remotely is all good and fine...

But when you are dealing with actual physical products, that hits a hard wall when you know someone actually needs to like take a look at things and physically verify them or actually physically handle the situation.
Kind of hard to do that remotely.

For a very long time some of the jobs that are vitally important to keeping society running smoothly were often treated poorly and poorly paid. Perhaps that will start changing as corporations find they have to actually pay enough wages to make it worth it for people to travel to work and be at work.

A whole lot of people actually doing real physical work are required for all those folks with the nice stay at home jobs to be able to exist and survive.
You just sound bitter and mad about reality. The reality is , for many people there is no need to be in a physical office co-located with other.

People going in are going to get what the market bears. Tradesmen and skilled physical workers can make really good money. There are a bunch of niches were you can make ridiculous money, but that has always been the case with high skilled people.

A laywer is not going to be a box sorter or packaging clerk. Nor are they going to get paid like one.

The market will always equalize, or atleast try to.

What do you want a pat on your back for being someone who has to go in. *golfclap*. You made your choices in life and that's why you are where you are.

I dont know what you are trying to argue or say other than shit that is obvious.

Reactions: 308pirate
Careful what you are advocating for. The “work remote” employees are proving to have a lot of issues being brought to light about productivity and hours actually worked. Eventually the smart money will be for a lot of these companies to farm out a ton of the remote work to gig workers, or even AI.

They are going to be the first to get axed in an economic downturn, because most of them are clearly not vital to the day to day operations of some organizations. If they were, they’d need to be on-site. I have observed this in my industry (RR), as a lot of remote jobs are already getting the axe or have over the past couple of years. Usually replaced with some automated reporting systems or in the case of administrative processes issuing iPads to train crew so we can do our own train setting, mechanical reporting, etc.

Not to say any of that shit actually works right, more often than not it’s a cluster-fuck that wastes crews time under hours of service and makes us overtime $$$. However that doesn’t stop the good idea fairy from whispering in the bean counters ears that eliminating jobs is great, and starting with employees who aren’t even on company property most of the time is a great place to start.

Fuk sake, take it to the bear pit.
This is a thread that we all find out Burris CS is pretty exceptional vs other brands.

Spoiler alert!! that is not going to be the case. I have just received the 4th replacement scope and it's another dud, looks to possibly be a older Demo model with signs of wear and debris inside the ocular lens. The Bell Lens also seems to have a large chunk of anti-seize hanging off the internal threads.

Just waiting to hear back from CS...

20231129_133129.jpg
20231129_133320.jpg
20231129_133532.jpg
20231129_133646.jpg
20231129_133859.jpg
20231129_134238.jpg
20231129_133417.jpg

Spoiler alert!! that is not going to be the case. I have just received the 4th replacement scope and it's another dud, looks to possibly be a older Demo model with signs of wear and debris inside the ocular lens. The Bell Lens also seems to have a large chunk of anti-seize hanging off the internal threads.

View attachment 8284472View attachment 8284473View attachment 8284474View attachment 8284475View attachment 8284476View attachment 8284477View attachment 8284479

I have to say that's an impressive level of screwing up!
They clearly have some serious dedication to making things go wrong for you.

If only maybe they had someone in customer service that actually you know cared, was onsite and had the ability to actually go physically look at things and make sure something was done right themselves.

This seems to be way more work for them than just going pulling a new one out of stock and at least trying to send that if they don't want to actually look at anything or check it.

You would think for the 4th go around they'd put some attention to it.

But maybe that "forever warranty" means they will be working on that warranty forever Ha!

Damn.

That's either a demo or they mailed you someone else's that was also in for repair (without repairing it)

Reactions: BurtG
Well........ if it would be Kahles you would be on your first go around yet.
Maybe next time is the charm?
I've got nothing, maybe birddog or robomod can help.

Jesus. I would say at this point they are probably fucking with you on purpose or trying some type of never before done experiment to see how far they can push a customer before he shows up on their doorstep. What the hell.

I had emailed and informed the supervisor that I will be going forward with the write up and review on the Hide, sooooooo I certainly hope not because this thread is barely a rough draft of what I'm going to write if this shit doesn't get worked out soon.

I have emailed and spoken with the supervisor several times, I truly believe this is just a close look at how much of a shitshow Burris is right now, the two New scopes came sealed in shrink wrap and we're clearly unopened. One out of those two was only worth keeping, the other new scopes has damaged to the Bell Lens and debris inside as well. This last one was sent to replace the new one that arrived with issues and was supposedly inspected top to bottom before being shipped out to me, but clearly looks like an older demo model due to the fact it has the original red anodized scope caps and Mag Ring instead of the red paint and shows clear handling wear and tear.

Ill just keep on documenting everything, and hopefully get this resolved soon.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BurtG and Dr.Zaius
So is it now fair to say a scope made in the USA is actually a bad thing?
Perhaps Burris should've sent the Pro to be made in the Phillipines and kept the XTR3 in house.

I had emailed and informed the supervisor that I will be going forward with the write up and review on the Hide, sooooooo I certainly hope not because this thread is barely a rough draft of what I'm going to write if this shit doesn't get worked out soon.

I have emailed and spoken with the supervisor several times, I truly believe this is just a close look at how much of a shitshow Burris is right now, the two New scopes came sealed in shrink wrap and we're clearly unopened. One out of those two was only worth keeping, the other new scopes has damaged to the Bell Lens and debris inside as well. This last one was sent to replace the new one that arrived with issues and was supposedly inspected top to bottom before being shipped out to me, but clearly looks like an older demo model due to the fact it has the original red anodized scope caps and Mag Ring instead of the red paint and shows clear handling wear and tear.

Ill just keep on documenting everything, and hopefully get this resolved soon.
Just get your money back already and buy a Vortex Razor Gen 3 or Element Theos none of this poor QC and imagine if later on you need warranty on the good one? Pray you don't get another shitty one again? The odds doesn't look good too me. Mine is really stiff and gritty and specs inside the glass as well.

My Element Optics Theos literally smokes it optically with way better turrets too and also has 12MILs per rotation with second rev indicator flag. Best of a totally tool less zero stop adjustments on the fly in seconds with automatic 0.5 MILs below stop. Their CS seems to be a bit lacking based on my own first hand experience though but the Theos is a ridiculously good and lighter than average scope IMHO.

My Vortex Razor 3 also smokes the XTR PRO just as silly maybe even more silly and no Warranty BS with Vortex EVER even if you use it as a hammer. They even pay your shipping both ways via prepaid return shipping label if you need to use their warranty. They really do anything and everything to keep their customers happy. Think about it even if you paid regular price for the Razor Gen 3 (black one for $2449) it's a truly buy once cry once extremely high quality genuine lifetime investment that you can pass down to your kids then grand kids etc. No worries. Even if you have an accident with it and it gets totally destroyed even in a house fire you will get a brand new replacement no questions no BS no hassles what so ever.

So is it now fair to say a scope made in the USA is actually a bad thing?
Perhaps Burris should've sent the Pro to be made in the Phillipines and kept the XTR3 in house.
My Leupold SX5 Santiam spotter is utterly fantastic made in the USA. Much clearer than my Swarovski ST-80 for sure without the chromatic aberration based on my own eyes. No specs inside the glass either.

Eventually this will shake out when companies come to the realization that paying more $$$ to the guys and gals who will show up, and cutting the pay of their employees who work from home is the answer.
Wrong answer. I recently switched employers to take a sales position in the same industry. I have absolutely no need to be in the plant/company hq every day. When I worked as a mfg engineer, engineering manager, and project manager, yes. Now, no.

Both extremes are stupid

The dude who has to show up to run machinery is probably worth more in the long run to the bottom line than some middle management HR turd who is working from home.

LOL nope. But keep dreaming.

Reactions: AleksanderSuave
You already made your ill feelings towards me known very clearly in previous posts.

No chance you are interested in listening.

You offer zero justification for your positions, so no, I don't take them seriously.

Careful what you are advocating for. The “work remote” employees are proving to have a lot of issues being brought to light about productivity and hours actually worked. Eventually the smart money will be for a lot of these companies to farm out a ton of the remote work to gig workers, or even AI.

They are going to be the first to get axed in an economic downturn, because most of them are clearly not vital to the day to day operations of some organizations. If they were, they’d need to be on-site. I have observed this in my industry (RR), as a lot of remote jobs are already getting the axe or have over the past couple of years. Usually replaced with some automated reporting systems or in the case of administrative processes issuing iPads to train crew so we can do our own train setting, mechanical reporting, etc.

Not to say any of that shit actually works right, more often than not it’s a cluster-fuck that wastes crews time under hours of service and makes us overtime $$$. However that doesn’t stop the good idea fairy from whispering in the bean counters ears that eliminating jobs is great, and starting with employees who aren’t even on company property most of the time is a great place to start.

You know fuck all about any industry other than the railroad. And likely not that much about how the railroad actually makes money, either.

Last edited:
You know fuck all about any industry other than the railroad. And likely not that much about how the railroad actually makes money, either.

You seem very upset about this for some reason.

Generally speaking RR’s make their money these days by holding a lot of shippers hostage to be honest.

Given no alternative methods that are economically viable to transport certain raw materials, and commodities; many of our customers don’t have a choice if they’re not located where they can get service from barges or ships. Given the current state of geographic monopolies that the big Class 1’s have in certain regions of the nation they can and do skull fuck their customers at every possible opportunity.

In my 17 years of working in this industry the level of disgusting fuckery aimed at customers and the workforce has sadly only increased. It’s gotten so bad that recently Congress and the STB have had to get involved.

The concept of “Precision Scheduled Railroading” has taken the industry by storm. It’s not precise, nor scheduled, and as far as anyone can tell it isn’t railroading either. It’s simply cost cutting by layoffs, deferred maintenance on the physical plant, rolling stock, and locomotive fleets. With a nice increase in fuel surcharges and making efforts to deny service to customers that aren’t profitable enough. This is all great for operating ratios, but very bad for everyone else and in direct conflict with our obligations as common carriers.

Unfortunately my industry has been part of the problem in recent years for supply chain problems. Old hands including retired executives like Matt Rose have tried to sound the alarm on the short sighted nature of all of this, but every new crop of executives seem to have no knowledge of what had previously been tried, and did not work. Then set off to repeat bad ideas that don’t work very well.

View attachment 8284472View attachment 8284473View attachment 8284474View attachment 8284475View attachment 8284476View attachment 8284477View attachment 8284479
Sorry to hear that. I’m sure that is very frustrating!

This is insane. First of all for the amount of times they’ve had to correct the issue and for some reason still cannot pull their heads out of their asses and do that. Second, they keep shipping out shitty samples of their flagship optic to someone who their fluffer has made aware to them is documenting all of this is SH which gets a lot of traffic.

Not only is Burris trash, they straight up don’t give a fuck.

The lackey in CS probably received a 10% raise and the open enrollment for health insurance is showing a 40% increase in premium so he’s losing money this year LOL. Pretty bad they package up a used scope and ship it out as new, they even wrapped it in plastic to have the illusion of new.

This is insane. First of all for the amount of times they’ve had to correct the issue and for some reason still cannot pull their heads out of their asses and do that. Second, they keep shipping out shitty samples of their flagship optic to someone who their fluffer has made aware to them is documenting all of this is SH which gets a lot of traffic.

Not only is Burris trash, they straight up don’t give a fuck.
Yeah they are giving him the fuck around, as stated before, he should request a refund and go else where. I was looking to upgrade to the XTR Pro, but after reading this thread and Burris CS shit show, I will not be buying another one of their scopes. Frankly, you're right they just don't give a fuck.

Yeah they are giving him the fuck around, as stated before, he should request a refund and go else where. I was looking to upgrade to the XTR Pro, but after reading this thread and Burris CS shit show, I will not be buying another one of their scopes. Frankly, you're right they just don't give a fuck.

The retailer cancelling my order for the XTR3 was probably a blessing in disguise.

Yeah I love my XTR3s but this happens to me and I'm jumping ship lol. They need to refund and let him keep the scopes or buy him a scope of his choosing.

I had an XTR3 3-18 a while back that had a really weird optical "anamoly" at certain powers. I sent it back to Burris and they sent me a brand new scope the day they got my crappy one and I had a new one less than a week later. I have an XTR Pro on my comp gun and for that purpose it really is a good scope. The race dial thingy comes in handy, the reticle is very utilitarian, it has a wide fov, and just seems to work.

Clearly, at some level Burris has somebody in their ranks that (or did) that listens to the customer. The XTR PRO is a purpose built scope and you don't put the features on it that it has without listening to a focus group. They really have shit the bed on this whole deal it appears, so does that mean their CS dept (if they even have one) needs a shakeup? Your service after the sale is what sets you apart from others and their whole reputation has taken a beating on this thread alone.

Was seriously considering getting another Burris veracity but this thread killed that thought

Last edited:
I'm sure this was a rare occurence but it definitely does put people off buying Burris scopes.

I was (finally) about ready to buy a XTR3i, but as I will have to grey import one from the USA (I refuse to pay the inflated local prices) it doesn't fill me with confidence I'll get a turd out of the box.

When I'm looking at paying 100USD for postage, dealing with import duties, the thought of risking a lemon NIB isn't work it,
I dealt with a similar situation regarding broken NIB and it took a very very long time to sort itself out.

XTRIIIi is a PI made scope, i think the problem is at the CO plant.
But yes this all sucks.

What a JOKE! I’m sorry OP.

Burris/Steiner seems to not care anymore much at all. Such shame. Used to rely on Steiner for my high end optic needs.

Maybe the shipping clerk keeps getting the "in" box confused with the "out" box. :ROFLMAO:

Well this is what happens when all the staff are smoking powerful marijuana. I’m wondering if the particulate matter in the photos is ash that was floating around in the “clean room” where scope assembly was being done?

I know you're joking, but the inside of my XTR3i box has smelled like straight up cigarette ash tray since I received it

• Haha
I know you're joking, but the inside of my XTR3i box has smelled like straight up cigarette ash tray since I received it
Well I thought I was joking…

I guess it’s not very funny because it might be true.

For fuck’s sake Burris get your shit together.

Reactions: Stoweit
I would love to hear the explanation of how they got used Scopes confused with new scopes
Well ... I bought some "new" stuff from Steiner that were clearly used ... they did replace them ... but Steiner/Burris Colorado knows what they are doing when they do things like that ...

Reactions: Ernest 5.56
Serious question... No judgement, because I'd have been a bit irritated as well, had those been my $2K a piece scopes the first go-round, too.

But, when you first called them or emailed them before any of these "CS fuck ups" happened, were you rude or a dick to them, which caused the CS guy to be rude back to you? Because this "accidentally" happening 4x in a row now seems statistically nearly impossible........Unless they're fucking with you on purpose...

Serious question... No judgement, because I'd have been a bit irritated as well, had those been my $2K a piece scopes the first go-round, too.

But, when you first called them or emailed them before any of these "CS fuck ups" happened, were you rude or a dick to them, which caused the CS guy to be rude back to you? Because this "accidentally" happening 4x in a row now seems statistically nearly impossible........Unless they're fucking with you on purpose...
At this point I sort of agree. No way they didn't know they were used scopes multiple times in a row.

If that's the case it's stupid. How many people are getting turned off of Burris now. Does it matter if its 1 or 10,000?
I understand some people are turds, but at the end of the day you gotta take pride in your work.
If he is getting trolled who is more fucked up?

Well, I ordered a Black Friday XTR IIIi last week before seeing this post. Fortunately, looks like they are made in the Philippines where if they can beat them if they don’t build it right. Scheduled to deliver today. Fingers crossed.

On a serious note, I was disappointed that on a purchase program that I will not name, Burris limits to three optics purchases per year. I understand it and I am OK with a limit, but they counted the windage knob that I ordered with my Pro earlier in the year as an optics purchase.

The XTR III doesn’t come with a race dial or throw lever, so I had to go to Amazon for those. Not the end of the world but, annoying.

Well, I ordered a Black Friday XTR IIIi last week before seeing this post. Fortunately, looks like they are made in the Philippines where if they can beat them if they don’t build it right. Scheduled to deliver today. Fingers crossed.

On a serious note, I was disappointed that on a purchase program that I will not name, Burris limits to three optics purchases per year. I understand it and I am OK with a limit, but they counted the windage knob that I ordered with my Pro earlier in the year as an optics purchase.

The XTR III doesn’t come with a race dial or throw lever, so I had to go to Amazon for those. Not the end of the world but, annoying.
MKMachine on here for throws and parallax wheel. The parallax can be very stiff on the XTRs. USA small business. Great to deal with. Having a sale currently I believe.

Reactions: Gohring65
they counted the windage knob that I ordered with my Pro earlier in the year as an optics purchase.
That's dumb as hell, Burris used to ship a capped and exposed windage turret with their scopes for free.

I don't want to get the tinfoil out... but something changed @ Burris after the release of the XTR3, possibly after the XTR3i. My guess was it has to do with management. Quick search shows:

VP Operations - Burris was hiring earlier this year. Don't know the status/outcome.

CFO - pretty new @ 2.25yrs. Big "reports" guy, mentions margin expansion, cost savings... nothing on his LinkedIn really jumps out to suggest he's a good fit. He may be great for Burris, but my gut feeling is this guy gets stuck in the weeds, can't see the forest from the trees.

Senior Controller - new @ <6mo, probably brought into boost margins. I'm not going to link it, but his LinkedIn looks like the quintessential bottom-tier consultant that's brought in by milquetoast management and absolutely wrecks shop with their "critical thinking" "cost management" "communication skills" "slide decks" and "teamwork".

All of the other people have been at Burris/Steiner for 4-18 years.

If the CS issues in this thread continue, these new guys will absolutely be the ones to catch the blame.

I have only dealt with Burris C/S twice. once was when i had a scope cap break (pre COVID) and they sent out new ones quickly. The next time was when i tried to order something from Burris (I believe it was an XTR3 race dial) that they used to sell from there website, and that C/S person was very short with me and said that i have to order from a retailer.
I haven't had any malfunctions with my Burris scopes, but reading this it makes me want to open up my Veracity PH to inspect it ASAP. I was going to wait till spring to install on my other elk rifle as i learn with the one i put on my deer rifle (so far it is fantastic). I don't think it will make me rethink another Burris scope, but i am not in the market for any scopes right now and have a few very adequate scopes on the shelf in case i get another rifle.

That is crazy. I feel for you. I couldn’t imaging going through that on such an expensive scope, nonetheless two of them.

I will definitely shy away from Burris in the future. I was considering Steiner but I think I’ll stick with Zeiss.

I see you have been fully indoctrinated by the corporate overlords...

Sure people should be starving to death and begging the rich trillionaires to let them work for a few table scraps...

But guess what? You might just get your wish, that's pretty much the plan of the NWO as they finish destroying the economies of the west to bring about the new feudal era of abject poverty and slavery and the serfs barely able to stay above starvation.

Maybe if the governments and the richest elites and companies weren't in a race to get everything for themselves and leave everyone else in the dirt, things might be different. Maybe if companies weren't a bunch of dirtbags to their employees and didn't treat their employees like disposable garbage to use and wear out and then toss away.

Maybe if people's income actually reflected the cost of living and you know they got pay raises just like all the "public servants" and "government workers" demand each year.

But sure, nope let's let the rich keep getting richer at the expense of everyone else.
You know

You can hate welfare rats at the top and bottom

We live in a oligarchy. Why ppl can’t se that is beyond me.