• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris Customer Services at its worst, please help/advise. (UPDATE: 09DEC23)

I know, shit happens. Burris Customer Service seems to be top notch so far. We'll see how long it takes to get them back, I was quoted 4 weeks.
This was from the Pro thread. Also...not aging well. Back in early October. I think he even had the Burris guy on here run some interference for him and they still fucked it up. I own a couple of Burris scopes and they have been pretty dang good. I have even had good experiences with their CS. Amazing how one dept or maybe even one person in their dept can damage their reputation, at least on this forum anyways.

If anyone from Burris reads these, I would be doing some next level shit to try and make this right with the customer. For the cost of a brand new scope, spotter, or whatever else they have in their arsenal it would seem like a small price to pay to make it right not only with the customer, but also the SH community. Look at how well Vortex handled the whole Liberty Optics debacle. I am not really a Vortex guy, but the Customer Service displayed by them was pretty dang amazing.

This was from the Pro thread. Also...not aging well. Back in early October. I think he even had the Burris guy on here run some interference for him and they still fucked it up. I own a couple of Burris scopes and they have been pretty dang good. I have even had good experiences with their CS. Amazing how one dept or maybe even one person in their dept can damage their reputation, at least on this forum anyways.

If anyone from Burris reads these, I would be doing some next level shit to try and make this right with the customer. For the cost of a brand new scope, spotter, or whatever else they have in their arsenal it would seem like a small price to pay to make it right not only with the customer, but also the SH community. Look at how well Vortex handled the whole Liberty Optics debacle. I am not really a Vortex guy, but the Customer Service displayed by them was pretty dang amazing.
I was never going to be a Burris guy. But, when the kinds of things that have happened in this situation (and they appear to be well documented) it looks like this is an institutional problem within Burris and not just one individual.

When I see these kinds of situations happen, all I can do is shake my head. The solution is so simple and Burris could have scored some real brownie points, not with just the OP, but with other observers/potential customers.

But, what happened ? Burris repeatedly chose the low road and shit the bed.

I honestly hope that Burris is watching this thread and learning something from it. What we DON'T need is another American company in the shooting sports industry going down the tubes.

This aged well
No it didn't. This thread never made sense to me because all my dealings with Burris were always exceptional.
Never thought about Burris CS trolling this guy because he was an asshat.

My inner child self thinks its funny,but maybe not the way to run a CS dept.

My inner child self thinks its funny,but maybe not the way to run a CS dept.
I feel the same way. I am reminded of the scene from Office Space when the Bob's are interviewing people for their jobs. "I deal with the fucking customers so the engineers don't have to!"

Regardless, a true Customer Service rep has to always take the high road and probably swallow a shit ton of pride on a daily basis. If they are fucking with him probably wasn't the greatest strategy.

Reactions: FuhQ
It’s like how .gov is ran. Ask them to mow the road sides they missed the whole road. The needle Dicks make sure to never mow it.

Please fix this new broken scope. Il send back a used broken scope

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
Spoiler alert!! that is not going to be the case. I have just received the 4th replacement scope and it's another dud, looks to possibly be a older Demo model with signs of wear and debris inside the ocular lens. The Bell Lens also seems to have a large chunk of anti-seize hanging off the internal threads.

Just waiting to hear back from CS...

View attachment 8284472View attachment 8284473View attachment 8284474View attachment 8284475View attachment 8284476View attachment 8284477View attachment 8284479
Now it seems someone is fucking with you

NEVER EVER GIVE UP TRYING TO HOLD Burris accountable. NEVER.

Reactions: bigjake83
What i need is the true scoop on this poop. Be nice to know the facts, instead of all the speculation and internet trolling.

I was looking at a couple Burris/Steiner scopes about a month ago to purchase next year. Need to scope a couple rifles. They are now off the list for consideration and will continue to look at Vortex and Zeiss now.
Honestly, with the warranty of Vortex, and the quality of Zeiss, it's hard to go wrong with those 2 brands.

I have more Zeiss scopes sitting on rifles than any other brand. Have a few Kahles, Vortex, Burris, Arken, etc... I had sworn-off Vortex after having several bad experiences with some older Philippines-built Vipers and my fairly recent production Strike Eagle 5-25x56. But, after how they stepped-up and handled the Liberty Optics incident when they didn't have to, I decided that for my newest build I would buy a Razor Gen3 6-36x56. Still waiting on my barrel, but the scope is mounted for mock-up fitment. I'm not overly impressed with the pop-up/push-down lockouts on the turrets (mine aren't exactly straight up and down, they require some wiggling to get them seated in each direction), but everything else on the scope is very nice. Glass is really nice.

I have 4 Burris scopes (3x XTR-II, 1x XTR-III), and have zero complaints with them. The XTR-II has a weirdly-long eye relief, but other than getting used to that, zero issues or complaints.

Short story: Don't buy Burris.
To late for me, i have at least 7 Burris scopes that i can think of now.
And the CS that i have received from them since early 2000 has been satisfactory.
I will add that i have sent them my XTR III for the 2nd time, I'm not concerned.
Shit happens and i do not know everything that has happened between Burris CS and bigjake83.

Hey Burris, I'm take those scratched up goopy Pros from you. Seems like the OP doesn't want them.
I'll shoot the living crap out of them and promise not to complain or post anything negative about them.

PM me for my shipping address.
Right? Most likely none of that shit would ever be seen when looking through the optic from the ocular...Especially in an outdoor environment where trees and grass and dirt, and other shit are being seen through the scope, it will blend right in with background image structure.

I can't say I would be thrilled, especially with the big lump of grease in there, but at the same time, I'd at least take them outside and give them a look to see if it's tolerable in real world environs. I mean, these aren't Kahles, Swaro, Zeiss, ZCO, or TT scopes...And certainly nowhere near that price range, either. Expecting absolute perfection from a $1,500 street price scope is kind of asking a lot, IMO.

You think this is acceptable?

Did I say that or even imply it?

No. I said I would accept them from Burris and shoot the shit out of them.

Did I say I would BUY them and accept it?

Of course not.

What I said and implied is that I (meaning myself) would take them at no cost from Burris and I wouldn't complain.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Sounds like you're just spoiling for a fight.

Look elsewhere, I'm not gonna entertain it.

Sounds like you're just spoiling for a fight.

Look elsewhere, I'm not gonna entertain it.

OP asking you if something is acceptable is looking for a fight??

Then stop begging for free handouts from Burris and get out of my thread..Simple

This thread was started to inform people of the total lack of CS and current defective products from their Pro line and to see if anybody else has had this direct issue and to keep everyone apprised on the progress not to invite keyboard quarterbacks.

As I have already asked above, I don't want this thread derailed and if you can't adhere to that I'll have the mods remove you and your posts.

OP asking you if something is acceptable is looking for a fight??

Then stop begging for free handouts from Burris and get out of my thread..Simple

This thread was started to inform people of the total lack of CS and current defective products from their Pro line and to see if anybody else has had this direct issue and to keep everyone apprised on the progress not to invite keyboard quarterbacks.

As I have already asked above, I don't want this thread derailed and if you can't adhere to that I'll have the mods remove you and your posts.
You sound angry. Maybe spend more time working on that and communicating with Burris then threatening members here.

Scr2 reticle is probably my favorite I've ever used. Never liked tree reticles until I used this one. The NF mil-xt looks nice as well but in the used market they cost twice as much as the XTR.
Unsure if it makes a difference but I think the SHV F1 comes in the Mil-XT now (link below). Just an observation, I don't own a NF anymore and never owned a Burris.

I was recently in the market for a sub $2500 scope and chose the Vortex GIII 6-36 over the Zeiss S3 6-36 (which I've heard is also great). I can't say the XTR Pro ever seriously entered my mind. Especially with the Zeiss now being $1875 at its new price.

Last edited:
Reactions: BurtG
This isnt a technical thread.
Not even remotely.
More like putting penthouse in the school library and calling it educational.

Correctly titled it would be “yet another internet drama queen “look at me!!!” fest”.

Try handling crap like this in its entirety, then post about it.
Threads like this hold the hollow scream of an attention deprived juvenile and going out if one’s way to be the south end of a north bound horse.

This isnt a technical thread.
Not even remotely.
More like putting penthouse in the school library and calling it educational.

Correctly titled it would be “yet another internet drama queen “look at me!!!” fest”.

Try handling crap like this in its entirety, then post about it.
Threads like this hold the hollow scream of an attention deprived juvenile and going out if one’s way to be the south end of a north bound horse.

It is as it is dealing with an issue with warranty. If you don't like it or feel it needs feeding as a "hollow scream of attention" then don't feed it but this thread is going to try and stay on point and not turn into anymore of a shit show.

Made contact with Shelby a Burris Optics, again Shelby and his team were going to physically inspect yet another new scope and send it out, but due the lack of progress we have made getting replacement scopes that are 100% I asked for a full refund instead hopefully bringing an end to this insanity.

Shelby agreed to the refund and said a check will be sent out soon.

Apparently this whole ordeal has shined some light on the discrepancies that need to be addressed with Burris Optics and hopefully the corrections will prevent any further inconveniences for future customers.

Last edited:
Made contact with Shelby a Burris Optics, again Shelby and his team were going to physical inspect yet another new scope and send it out, but due the lake progress we have made getting replacement scopes that are 100% I asked for a full refund instead hopefully bringing an end to this insanity.

Shelby agreed to the refund and said a check will be sent out soon.

Apparently this whole ordeal has shined some light on the discrepancies that need to be addressed with Burris Optics and hopefully the corrections will prevent any further inconveniences for future customers.

Let's hope that all comes to pass pretty quickly for you and then you can walk away and get something else.

Now let’s watch the razors show up with something wrong lol
kevin-hart-what.gif