• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes burris tac 30 and others

_Shay_

thing 2
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
USA
I'm looking to get a 1-4 for my next ar upper, which should be here shortly. I'm looking at a couple different scopes.

Burris tac 30 1-4
Leupold mk ar 1-4
Millet dms

This scope will be going on a 14.5" . I like the bdc type reticles, but they aren't needed for sure.

Re: burris tac 30 and others

don't forget some of the vortex options Razor is high end or the Viper which is more in line with your other options.

also I just got an E-mail from Midway they have the burris 1-4 on sale for like 399, PM me if you want me to forward that to you...

I forgot to mention that it needs to be under 400. I'm a kid with no job, so I need to keep the prices reasonable.

Shay,

Of the three scopes you listed the Burris far outshines the other two.

IMO there isn't another 1-4 that can come close to it until you spend a couple hundred more dollars.

Not to mention with a set of Warne Ultra High rings you can come in under your $400 budget.

Burris it is. I might go with a burris mount, or a swfa one piece.

I vote the Tac30. I have one and use it in 3Gun. It is a great scope. Good glass, and the BDC comes in very handy. Just match your load to the BDC and you are good to go. I use the PEPR mount, just be aware that I would not count on it holding a zero if you take it off and then re-mount it.

MGM and Drissel both make throw levers that fit it too....

The illumination is bright, but I only use it in CQB/close in type targets... It is like having a red dot and a scope all in one!

I'm pretty set on the scope, and I'm not sure I want a QD mount, just one that will do its job, nothing fancy. Maybe I'll find a swfa SSALT.