• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR II Rifle Scopes

i called and asked about a year ago, and the guy said they didn't offer a mil discount. and he didn't mention an LE discount, so hopefully that's all changed.

Looking forward to hearing a review of a 4-20 or 5-25.

I have shot about 100 rounds out of my .260 Rem/AICS with the 4-20 on top. I am really enjoying it. I zero'd at 200 and have gone out to 550 yards, all dialing, and I am getting better groups than I had with my previous optic, everything else the same. I shot clays at 200, 300, 400 and 500 yards. Had some misses at 400 and 500, but nothing I can blame on the optic.

The illumination is really night only, and it works well in that role. Very clear with no fade or fuzziness at the edges on 20x.

Just got some 8-40s in today. Hopefully we'll see some 4-20 and 5-25 soon.

I just ordered an 8-40 along with a Spuhr mount from Chris a few minutes ago. This will be going on a DTA SRS A-1 in 260 Rem. I should have it early next week, so I will post a brief review as soon as I am able to get out to the range with it.

This is the second scope I have purchased from Chris and he is awesome to deal with. He still has one 8-40 left if anyone is interested.

I just ordered an 8-40 along with a Spuhr mount from Chris a few minutes ago. This will be going on a DTA SRS A-1 in 260 Rem. I should have it early next week, so I will post a brief review as soon as I am able to get out to the range with it.

This is the second scope I have purchased from Chris and he is awesome to deal with. He still has one 8-40 left if anyone is interested.
Thanks broseph. We want picture too dang-it!

9uqevenu.jpg

Only scope I can compare it to is my PST 4-16X50 SFP.
Scope is XTRII 4-20. Feels very robust, durable, and slightly heavier than the PST. Slightly longer also. I compared the glass for a few minutes side by side on 16 power about a hour before sundown. The XTR is clearer to my eyes. The PST seems to have a haze or foggy image compared to the XTR. The reticle on the XTR is thicker compared to my PST. The illumination is not daytime bright, but it is not needed during the daytime. The turrets are mushier compared to my PST which has a very audible click. Overall I am glad I purchased the scope. If I had to choose between the 2 I would pick the XTR2.
arepazat.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 that was my experience as well. The turrets are not as crisp on XTRII, but fully functional and a more practical zero stop.

Thanks for the heads up, I grabbed the last one. I had one on order since mid April at a place I was advised would have them first and they just kept moving the delivery date back. Looking forward to Monday afternoon now.

I hope that more shipping notices are in the works… Looking forward to trying one out! Thanks for posting your review comments.

I just received the 25x and comparing them to the pst models I've played with this has better glass and overall turret design is a grade above. Too bad I had to post it in the FS section to finance my next match trip.

Forgive me if was mentioned, as I did not read everything, but will the new scopes be available with the Steiner SCR reticle?

I swore I looked through a burris with that reticle at the cup.

Forgive me if was mentioned, as I did not read everything, but will the new scopes be available with the Steiner SCR reticle?

I could be wrong, but I assume that is in the works. Was stated in this thread somewhere Burris was adding to the reticle choices and then Steiner came out with the SCR shortly after that. I haven't read anything definite yet though.

if anyone is interested, midsouth has the 8x40 in stock! I just cancelled my order with the planet and picked the last 5x25 that midway had!:cool: got some nightforce ultralight 6bolt rings sitting on the desk waiting on it....

if anyone is interested, midsouth has the 8x40 in stock!

I got the ultimate tease from sportoptics. Heard there was one in stock there and purchased it the minute they opened the next morning. Guy said he had the scope in his hand. I cancelled my order with planet which I was #13 in line. I get an email this afternoon telling me there was a problem with my order at sportoptics, so I called and was told that someone else was on a waiting list and got that scope. They said they should have more in stock in 14 days. They seem like great folks at Sportsouth, and I understand that things like this pop up, but it still sucks that I now have to wait longer than I would have with the order I cancelled. Now I find out Midsouth has them after they are closed for the weekend. :)

I wouldn't believe what the planet tells you. I've been #5 in line for 3 months. I called Burris and found out they had shipped 10 scopes to them. 3 weeks later I was still #5 in line and didn't have a scope.

Any resolution tests between the XTRII and a Sightron SIII or Bushnell DMR or XRS? Less hazy than the PST leaves me wondering how much better this glass truly is.

This glass looks pretty darn good. The scope seems to be well built. I just ordered one about a week ago. Can't wait to hear that its in so I get it mounted up and really put it through its paces. This appears to be a great value with all the features in contains.

Any resolution tests between the XTRII and a Sightron SIII or Bushnell DMR or XRS? Less hazy than the PST leaves me wondering how much better this glass truly is.

I have a 5x25 model. I also have 2 6x24 Sightron Slll and had a 4x16 PST. Comparing the Burris to the Sightrons the glass is very close to equal to my eyes. If you gave the Sightron a rating of 100 I'd give the Burris a 99. The PST wasn't even in the ball park. Can't comment on the Bushnells because I don't own 1.

I have a 5x25 model. I also have 2 6x24 Sightron Slll and had a 4x16 PST. Comparing the Burris to the Sightrons the glass is very close to equal to my eyes. If you gave the Sightron a rating of 100 I'd give the Burris a 99. The PST wasn't even in the ball park. Can't comment on the Bushnells because I don't own 1.

I might not have as discerning an eye but I would concur that the Sightron and Burris are very close. Both look better than the PST or the DMR at the same mag nifcation. Don't have access to an XRS, which I have looked through, but no side by side so I can't comment appropriately.

Thanks for the replies guys. It looks like a 5-25 will be ordered in the near future.

ups man came to see me today! just took her outside. pretty dark, got a storm rolling in. I could easily read a road sign 6 blocks away! approx. 650yds.... illum is non visible below 5. glad to see it came with a sunshade and the flip ups while not the best was an unexpected surprise. I will be busy for the next 10days, but then its out to the range and see what this pup can do. like others have said, clicks are a little spongy. audible but a little soft. acts like they have a tad too much grease in them. so far, im a satisfied customer. and this summer, pigs beware, those bastards wont be out of range anymore!!! what do you think a 2080g amax will do at 800+??? ;)
2014-06-10 20.21.10.jpg

ups man came to see me today! just took her outside. pretty dark, got a storm rolling in. I could easily read a road sign 6 blocks away! approx. 650yds.... illum is non visible below 5. glad to see it came with a sunshade and the flip ups while not the best was an unexpected surprise. I will be busy for the next 10days, but then its out to the range and see what this pup can do. like others have said, clicks are a little spongy. audible but a little soft. acts like they have a tad too much grease in them. so far, im a satisfied customer. and this summer, pigs beware, those bastards wont be out of range anymore!!! what do you think a 2080g amax will do at 800+??? ;)
View attachment 40183

How was the contrast and clarity with that storm rolling in and the lighting changing outside?

Surprisingly better than I expected. Even @ 25 everything was very clear and bright. Don't get me wrong, its no sb or swav, but from the short time I got to play with her before one of my employees busted me, equal or better then my mark4. Reallll close. I need some range time to give a full review. The turrets are a little soft. As if they might have too much grease. Low power illum is non existent in daylight, but prevalent at night. So far I'm very happy!

I just picked up a new 5-25 on a trade, should be here tomorrow or Monday. Can't wait to check it out.

Just took my 8x40 to the range the first time this morning. VERY happy with it. It's remarkably easy to get behind for a 40x with a 50mm objective. The exit pupil seems much larger than 1.25mm at max power. Sharp Focus and zero parallax happen at the same time which has been the exception to the rule for me. The glass is outstanding to my untrained eye. It will be hard for me to be objective until the new car smell wears off, but my first impression is that glass is a little better than the SIIIs. I'll try to do a side by side comparison using the Finn charts when I get some time. The zero stop is solid and easy to adjust. About the only knock I could have for it is the reticule is awfully tiny at 8x. Crank the Dots to max and have the worlds longest aimpoint at 8x. Oh yeah, the dots are invisible to the naked eye below about level 5 but I am assuming that might be on purpose for NV compatibility.

They have a 5x25 with the scr recticle for demo purposes. The recticle most likely won't be available until next year. I have handled the whole line up. Burris hit a home run on these. You won't be disappointed.

I just found out from the Burris rep I know that my 1.5x8's should be here in the next couple weeks.

Hopefully that's the case and not wishful thinking.

Got my 420 in last week. Had to leave next day for a training and only had time to do a quick zero. Loaded a box of 50 rounds last night and plan to send them down range tomorrow.
This is the second scope from Burris. First one went back for a defect. Called Burris and they had another one in my hands the next day, freaky fast delivery.
Both scopes had very stiff, mushy turrets. Zero stop seems solid and the clicks, mushy as they are, definitely go into place with no question as to what adjustment you are at. The illumination dial is nice too, with an off setting between each level of brightness. However, there was a huge leap in brightness between setting 6 & 7. Settings 1-6 step up pretty evenly and 7-11 do the same. But the gap between 6&7 is considerably larger. Thought it was another problem with the first scope, but the second one was the same. Any body else notice this?
Any way, if I make it to the range tomorrow, I should have more to say then. Definitely like it so far.

I really like the 8-40 but you lose quite a lot of adjustment over the 5-25. Not sure if i need all that much but it's nice to have

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Both scopes had very stiff, mushy turrets. .

Good luck, let us know how it went. That being said, I am still not sold on these scopes. Personally, if I am going to spend that kind of money I would save a couple more months and just get the real deal...Nightforce. Yes I know...FFP vs. SFP blah blah blah.