• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris XTR Pro 🇺🇸

Mine just landed. Looking forward to getting it Mounted this week!

Attachments

• E2FB713A-9B16-435A-82DE-CEE9C111C397.jpeg
    E2FB713A-9B16-435A-82DE-CEE9C111C397.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 679F7244-4D24-4D2E-B6A7-48C1F282F7FE.jpeg
    679F7244-4D24-4D2E-B6A7-48C1F282F7FE.jpeg
    656.4 KB · Views: 114
I used the PRO in a match yesterday. It's the first time I've used the race dial. The race dial and the tool less attach are awesome. Very pleased with this scope.

If they can produce enough of these, I expect these scope to be super popular for competition. I mean, why wouldn't you want your dope on the turret? It makes it way faster to progress through the targets.

Reactions: D_TROS
I used the PRO in a match yesterday. It's the first time I've used the race dial. The race dial and the tool less attach are awesome. Very pleased with this scope.

If they can produce enough of these, I expect these scope to be super popular for competition. I mean, why wouldn't you want your dope on the turret? It makes it way faster to progress through the targets.
It blows my mind that the toolless race dials didn't find their way to the PRS shooting discipline sooner. Being a bit of a Burris fanboi, I'm happy to see them here and use mine on my XTR III often, and can't wait to get my PRO for the toolless feature.

Last edited:
I've had the XTRIII's for 3 years and had a Race Dial for one of them, but never used it.

I finally decided to give it a try and have to confess, I absolutely love the Race Dial. It's so easy to use.

It's one of the best turrets you can use, for hunting or competition..

I used my Pro in my first NRL22 match today and it really did well. I didn’t use the race dial but I can 100% see it being super efficient. The only thing I wish the Pro had was a bigger exposed windage turret, other than that I really like it.

I used my Pro in my first NRL22 match today and it really did well. I didn’t use the race dial but I can 100% see it being super efficient. The only thing I wish the Pro had was a bigger exposed windage turret, other than that I really like it.

The exposed windage turret from an XTRIII fits the Pro. I dont know if they would be available from Burris, but everyone who has an XTRIII running capped windage has an exposed windage cap in their box.

Hell, send me twenty bucks, I'll send you one 🤣

Shout out for the Tremor5 reticle. That is what I wanted to try and got mine mounted a couple of weeks ago and sighted in. The zero stop adjustment is a real plus for future adjustments if needed on sight-in on comp day. Finally got to my range with a little more elbow room today. Set power at about 18 and never adjusted any elevation or windage. Engaged targets from 350y-750y. The reticle was opened up enough to not be cluttered. Did not have as much wind as I was hoping for but you play the hand dealt. Mostly right hold 1 wind dot or less and whatever elevation I needed. Moved between target ranges multiple times and never touched the dial. Was very fast and started to become very intuitive. Really wanting a good 10-20 full value wind to confirm the wind dots. The glass is very nice and great field of view. I really do not think there is much need to go above 20X very often for best target acquisition when moving between multiple targets. In the past I was always dialing wind with the occasional 1mil holdover to get to the next target downrange and sometimes dialed some wind to get the vertical within a bracket of the target. 1st Comp with the Pro is coming in a couple of weeks. Can't Wait!!

Reactions: Big Timber
The exposed windage turret from an XTRIII fits the Pro. I dont know if they would be available from Burris, but everyone who has an XTRIII running capped windage has an exposed windage cap in their box.

Hell, send me twenty bucks, I'll send you one 🤣
LOL…I know. I actually have one on mine from another XTR3 I have. I called Burris and asked if they were gonna make a matching exposed turret for the PRO and you would have thought I was asking them to design a spaceship capable of going to Mars. LOL

LOL…I know. I actually have one on mine from another XTR3 I have. I called Burris and asked if they were gonna make a matching exposed turret for the PRO and you would have thought I was asking them to design a spaceship capable of going to Mars. LOL

Burris CS probably doesn't realize they are the same part 🤣.

They didn't reinvent the wheel with the Pro. There's a lot of new cool goodies on it built from scratch, but where they could they simply used tried and true designs from the XTRII and XTRIII.

Burris CS probably doesn't realize they are the same part 🤣.

They didn't reinvent the wheel with the Pro. There's a lot of new cool goodies on it built from scratch, but where they could they simply used tried and true designs from the XTRII and XTRIII.

Do you have any idea when scr2 xtr pros are expected to start shipping?

Do you have any idea when scr2 xtr pros are expected to start shipping?

They've been shipping. They are pushing them out fairly regularly.

It's hard to find one sitting on a retailers shelf though. A lot of those folks have them pre-sold. My buddies gun shop here in Boise keeps selling his before they go out. He ordered two and pre-sold them. Then ordered four more and has two of those pre-sold.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Alright, I'm jumping into this thread (even though it is the Pro thread).

I'm outfitting my hunting rifle with some new glass, and I've narrowed it down to the XTR3 or the Mk5. I've seen a number of comparisons in this thread between the two (and including the Pro).

I really enjoy a wide FOV after having a Kahles K312i for a bit, and that is really drawing me toward the XTRIII. Considering the price and the wide FOV, it seems like a good buy. I think I would stick with the SCR vs the SCR2 for hunting purposes, given no illumination.

For the Mk5, I've been seeing the 3-18 PR1 for $1500, and even found the 5-25 TMR for $1500. I'd rather go the PR1, and I guess to stay logically consistent the FOV on the 5-25 will be fairly narrow in comparison. I'd be able to lighten up a few ounces as well with the 3-18.

I like consistency, so most likely I'll rescope my comp rifle with the bigger brother of whichever 3-18 I choose.

For the few below that have been comparing the XTRIII and Mk5, would you feel that $500 difference would sway you one way versus the other?

@screaminweasil
@tlsmith22
@Chickentoast
I have all 3, the MK5, PRO and the regular XTR3. For glass me personally I give a slight edge to the MK5, then the PRO and then the XTR3. For a hunting scope with neither having illumination and the FOV difference of the Burris, I’d personally go with the XTR3. I actually done a rough comparison off a sandbag earlier at abt 230 yards between those 3 for FOV, at 20X the XTR3 probably had 3-4’ more FOV. Granted that was a rough test off a sandbag but it was quite noticeable. I like both scopes and I don’t think you can go wrong with either.

Alright, I'm jumping into this thread (even though it is the Pro thread).

I'm outfitting my hunting rifle with some new glass, and I've narrowed it down to the XTR3 or the Mk5. I've seen a number of comparisons in this thread between the two (and including the Pro).

I really enjoy a wide FOV after having a Kahles K312i for a bit, and that is really drawing me toward the XTRIII. Considering the price and the wide FOV, it seems like a good buy. I think I would stick with the SCR vs the SCR2 for hunting purposes, given no illumination.

For the Mk5, I've been seeing the 3-18 PR1 for $1500, and even found the 5-25 TMR for $1500. I'd rather go the PR1, and I guess to stay logically consistent the FOV on the 5-25 will be fairly narrow in comparison. I'd be able to lighten up a few ounces as well with the 3-18.

I like consistency, so most likely I'll rescope my comp rifle with the bigger brother of whichever 3-18 I choose.

For the few below that have been comparing the XTRIII and Mk5, would you feel that $500 difference would sway you one way versus the other?

@screaminweasil
@tlsmith22
@Chickentoast

I haven't had a Pro, but I didn't keep my MK5 because the XTR3 was "better" - equivalent IQ, but brighter and less contrast (preference), 5X more mag, and huge FOV difference. Had a ZCO and a TT in-between, and now settled on G3 Razors for my heavy rifles. Mid-weights wear XTR3's, and my light carbon hunter wears an LHT.

I've compared side by side with 4 or 5 MK5s now, I've yet to find one with as good of clarity as the Pro. On a couple ocassions mirage was high, which is where the difference really shows. In our five man five scope comparison a couple months ago, the MK5 and Cronus weren't even in the hunt.

I've seen a lot of similar comparisons between the XTR3 and MK5. .

However, I'll add this caveat, I have seen a MK5 that has phenomenal glass. It's a one of a kind of all of them I've looked through. A local shooter owns it. So I know they fling an occasional wild card out there. Which is what I suspect tlsmith up there has if he thinks his looks a little better than the Pro. I do think the XTR3 and MK5 are a little brighter than the Pro, but I haven't seen either of those compete in clarity. The MK5 and XTRIII just can't discern the fine detail, especially in mirage.

Comparing the glass quality of the XTRIII to the MK5, I've seen it go both ways. Some a little better or worse. They are always close enough that you won't get hurt one way or another. But the eyebox, sight picture, and FOV go to the Burris every time. The Burris also has a closer parallax if you ever want to put it on a rimfire.

It'd be sweet if Burris did an illuminated version of the non Pro XTR3, seems like that'd be the best of both worlds for a hunting setup.
Not sure if Burris is planning to do this but seem's like it'd be popular.

Burris is doing that. They already are building it but it’s not shipping yet as far as I know.

Burris is doing that. They already are building it but it’s not shipping yet as far as I know.

They shipped a bunch already. I own one. They just rejected them for the knurling still being too aggressive.

They mag ring is fine. They are redoing the turrets on the ones they have and all the new ones going forward will be toned down. If it wasn't for that last touch up on the overall quality control, there would be some of these on the streets. They will hit the shelves before hunting season.

This is on my 300 Norma elk rifle.

Reactions: Chasing3
I was able to pick up a Pro on the PX, mounted it the other day and had my first range session this morning. I think I am going to really like this scope. I stuck it on a CZ455 since that gun is the one that seems to need the features of the Pro more so than my centerfire rifle.

First off, I’m no glass expert. I’m coming off a Vortex PST Gen 1 and a US Optic and this is the first scope I’ve shelled out 2K for.

What drew me to the Pro were the reviews on this thread, Burris’ warranty policy, and the price point that seems to punch above its weight class. For NRL22 and PRS22 I was looking for a FFP scope somewhere in the 5-25X range (or more), parallax that went down to 20-25 yds, a big honking turret with at least 10 MILS per rotation, and at least 25 mils of elevation adjustment. And at a price that a retired guy on a fixed income wouldn’t keel over from sticker shock. Based on everything I read and saw on Youtube, the Pro would check those boxes (plus a little more).

I installed it on my 455 using the Burris XTR Signature rings with the 20MOA insert in the front ring. This is in addition to the 30MOA Area 419 rail I already had on the rifle for a total of 50MOA. I had good luck with that amount of cant with the US Optic 5-25X that the Pro is replacing and it allowed 95% of the usable elevation adjustment in the USO. With the Pro zero’d at 50 yds, the 50MOA of cant gives me 24 MILS and change of ‘up’, sufficient to dial out to 400+/- yds which I hope is the max I’ll need with a rimfire rifle (fingers crossed). I also added a MK Machine magnifier for the turret (old eyes can’t see small numbers up close) and a couple yards of KT tape to protect the scope’s finish. I’m waiting on a throw lever from MK Machine, bummer that Burris is not including their throw lever with the Pro, but oh well I’ll survive.

Shooting experience: It was windy AF this morning, so I just got a quick zero @ 50 yds, then played around on a barricade at a 6” plate @ 100 yds (holding 1 to 1.5 MILS of left) and a 12” plate @ 300 yds (holding 3 to 4 MILS of left). Zero-ing was fairly straight forward, easier than the instructions in the User’s Manual made it seem. I like the tool less turret caps and it’s quick and easy to make adjustments. I did have to play around a little to get the zero mark lined up with the index mark on the scope body, but got it after making some adjustments to the internal cap. I like the size of the elevation turret, makes it easier to grab on and crank. I also like the fact that it has 12 MILS per rotation. My other scope only had 6 MILS per revolution, so dialing to 300 yds meant I had to crank it 2 full revolutions + 2. Now its only one full revolution +2 MILS and change. On the windage side, I’ve always had exposed caps even tho it seems like I typically hold wind rather than dial it (unless the stage has just one target shot from multiple positions, then I may dial wind). Jury is still out on whether I’ll run the windage turret exposed or capped.

The glass is clear enough for my eyes and I could spot my trace at 100 so I could tell when I wasn’t holding enough wind or holding too much when the wind dropped. The parallax adjustment is tight but crisp -you definitely know when you have it dialed for the right distance.

Comparing the Pro to my buddy’s ZCO… yeah, the ZCO is crisper and clearer, but the Pro will do me just fine. I really like the SCR2 reticle, it has enough info to be usable but not too much to be confusing or cluttered. It was quick and easy to spot for my buddy in the wind this morning, measuring windage and elevation corrections.

Looking forward to more range time and my first match with this scope.
Mine just arrived and the zero marks on the internal & elevation cap both don't align with the zero mark. What did you adjust to get it aligned?

Mine just arrived and the zero marks on the internal & elevation cap both don't align with the zero mark. What did you adjust to get it aligned?
Adjusted the inner turret until the outer turret lined up with zero. We’re talking micro adjustments.

Reactions: D_TROS and Kometes
5.5-30 Burris XTR 3 is an incredible package.
As far as 3_18x .....I'd suffer field of view and go Leupy Mark5.

Did I mention how damn nice the 5.5-30 XTR 3 is?? I've got 4....they are all incredible. I've got two 3.3-18x and they aren't quite as impressive IQ wise....good up to 15x or so but fall off at 18x.

The 5.5-30 at 12x-20x is a friggin sweetheart!!!

Just snagged the last XTR Pro scr-1/4 Mil from Jayse at SportOptics.com

He gave me a hell of a deal as well. Should be here next Monday. I'll have an intial comparison review with the several standard XTR3 5.5-30 SCR Mils that I have on hand. Side x side...........tripod style. (It don't lie)

Thanks again to SportOptics.com
for the hookup. As good a deal as I could have asked for.

just an FYI

The throw lever WILL be included in the PRO's moving forward on new shipments. Also, if you didnt get one, call customer service and they will ship you one free of charge.

(the throw lever wont work on any other scopes fyi)

Regards
DT
Is it black like the XTR3 or did they change it to red? They sent me an XTR3 throw lever when I emailed them several months ago.

That's what I assumed. I like how the new one matches the grip pattern though! Maybe Ill get one with me next Pro.
I agree, its a nice touch.

It's great that they are able to start getting these included in the scope purchase as they originally intended. Its just another box to check that adds up to a really good value for this optic.

They've been shipping. They are pushing them out fairly regularly.

It's hard to find one sitting on a retailers shelf though. A lot of those folks have them pre-sold. My buddies gun shop here in Boise keeps selling his before they go out. He ordered two and pre-sold them. Then ordered four more and has two of those pre-sold.
Which gun shop in Boise?

You didn't like it?

It's actually a great scope pretty impressed by it but I haven't looked through any other Burris scopes. Just decided life is short and would rather have another zco or TT 🤣

Reactions: Stoweit
Not trying to derail this thread but I have a question and figure the answer may be here. What's the thoughts on the RT-25? I am building a 22 to mimic my big rifle and I don't want a bunch of money in it, the RT-25 has the same SCR2 reticle as the Pro I am waiting on. Thoughts??

I am all over the Made in the USA aspect, but I will likely wait until one shows up in the PX before I try one out.
Well, I did pick one up in the PX. My main scopes I spend the most time behind are my MInox ZP5 on my comp gun, and I have a gaggle of MK5 3-18s on my hunting rifles. Initial impressions after mounting are good. The glass is not as good as my Minox of course, but definitely a cut above the MK5. Field of view is impressive. Reticle may take some getting used to, but will be great for hold overs. Turrets are acceptable. Mine has noticeably more "resistance" going back down in Mils than up. Not sure if others notice that as well.

I gotta hand it to Burris, some pretty innovative ideas on this scope at a price point that is not ridiculous. Plus, Made in the USA. Supposed to cloud up this evening, I might take it out and get it zero'd.

Edit: Got out this evening and shot a little bit. Scope is stupid easy to get zero'd, I am now a big fan of the tool less zero.

Had a T storm roll through when I shooting, so had a wide variety of conditions. Optically, I think it's a damn good scope, although it has it's limitations. I found the sweet spot to be at about 20-22 power with the parallax set at about 600. Shot targets at 100, 500, 700, and 1100. Got hits on all (100 was zeroing of course) center plate, so I can make a reasonable assumption the scope is tracking true. Great reticle, and for me it became much more useable and less cluttered in the 18-22x range. I could see myself shooting this scope at that mag range, which is a little more than I usually shoot at. The wide FOV helps a lot. Overall, pretty happy with it so far. Hopefully she holds up.

Last edited:
06B2F291-3AEB-446A-8B76-1DE92B0BE4B8.jpeg
Got mine just now. First thing I noticed was the red appears to be painted vs anodized. I think I like that better, I think… Elevation turret feels awesome. Can’t wait to get this thing out to the range.