• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris XTR Pro 🇺🇸

I got shipment notice for mine today. Can’t wait to get it.

Still waiting for mine. I wasn't in a hurry because I thought my Vudoo would take a few months. Ordered on 6/9/22. It arrived on 6/28. Now I'm waiting to get my scope so I can use it. Hopefully it will be here in time for Aug NRL 22 match.

Powder coat would make a lot more sense than paint, but who knows.
Be interesting to see what it is and how it wears in the field with use.

I hope mine is the original anodized as well. I don’t really care for either red but the anodized is the better of the 2 in my eyes

Reactions: Bart430
I'd rather have the anodizing as it is harder and more durable than a powder coat finish. It does vary in color from batch to batch vs a powder coat finish in which color is more consistent. Powder coating is cheaper too, so maybe that and the fact that there are more problems with the anodizing process that could delay deliveries played into the equation.

TM6

Reactions: D_TROS
FE117A55-AC92-45AA-A6CA-A360DF1CE4BF.jpeg
If I like this thing and keep it long term I’ll hit it with some black spray paint on the mag ring. Not really a fan of either in the amount that’s on there. They should have just done the elevation turret and not the mag ring.

I did get a throw lever with it but I have to call Burris about it. The screw won’t thread into it.

Reactions: Hkmiller and 346ci
RFutch what height did you go with on those ARC rings? I have been looking at them to pair with my PRO when it comes in.

07E08C7F-125F-4A2B-AB3C-47BA510F055C.jpeg
60B099CF-F9EF-48A7-84A0-E83F31D93E48.jpeg
A51E5106-5C7B-4862-B603-3F4126F074DC.jpeg
Made is out today with the Pro and my 5-25 ATACR. It was mostly sunny with a few clouds but for the most part there was a pretty heavy mirage. I gotta say I’m impressed with this Burris. It’s extremely close to the NF. Like to close to call. Resolution, color, and contrast all looked the same to me. The Pro had a slight yellow fringing on the edge of white targets but I’d say that’s the only thing it gives up to the NF and it’s not even that bad. Mostly shot at 1000 with them and I’m extremely happy with this first range trip.

The elevation turret was stupid easy to zero with no tools. It also feels great. The SCR2 is pretty thin. Thinner than the Mil-C in my NF.

I ran both scopes mostly at 16-20 and they both seem to have similar eye box at those settings. Only time I went up to 30 was when I was zeroing which was nice since the Pro is on my 224Valkyrie.

Looking forward to more time with this thing but it was a very good first day.

Attachments

• 6F902EF8-FB18-4EAA-9D54-BFB8F6471019.jpeg
    6F902EF8-FB18-4EAA-9D54-BFB8F6471019.jpeg
    892.2 KB · Views: 47
View attachment 7909577View attachment 7909575View attachment 7909574Made is out today with the Pro and my 5-25 ATACR. It was mostly sunny with a few clouds but for the most part there was a pretty heavy mirage. I gotta say I’m impressed with this Burris. It’s extremely close to the NF. Like to close to call. Resolution, color, and contrast all looked the same to me. The Pro had a slight yellow fringing on the edge of white targets but I’d say that’s the only thing it gives up to the NF and it’s not even that bad. Mostly shot at 1000 with them and I’m extremely happy with this first range trip.

The elevation turret was stupid easy to zero with no tools. It also feels great. The SCR2 is pretty thin. Thinner than the Mil-C in my NF.

I ran both scopes mostly at 16-20 and they both seem to have similar eye box at those settings. Only time I went up to 30 was when I was zeroing which was nice since the Pro is on my 224Valkyrie.

Looking forward to more time with this thing but it was a very good first day.
Were is this range?

Also does anyone know if there's a way to fix this. My top turret doesn't line up. My bottom turret does. I can't adjust the bottom turret to make the top turret line up because it starts on .05 and you can't go below 0 on the zero stop

Also does anyone know if there's a way to fix this. My top turret doesn't line up. My bottom turret does. I can't adjust the bottom turret to make the top turret line up because it starts on .05 and you can't go below 0 on the zero stop

Yes you can...flip your zero stop around to the 4 and you can go .4 below

Mine you can make the bottom turret go just a hair below 0 without dialing a click. When I do that the top turret lines up perfectly. You just have to play with it a little to get the top turret to line up.

View attachment 7906072If I like this thing and keep it long term I’ll hit it with some black spray paint on the mag ring. Not really a fan of either in the amount that’s on there. They should have just done the elevation turret and not the mag ring.

I did get a throw lever with it but I have to call Burris about it. The screw won’t thread into it.

Just received mine, and the throw lever's screw hole isn't threaded...

Also, the underside of the turret cap is anodized. So, the powder coat is likely to cover up some anodizing issue.

Also, the underside of the turret cap is anodized. So, the powder coat is likely to cover up some anodizing issue.
I submitted a warranty claim on Burris website and they had me a new throw lever out in one day. Matter of fact I need to go check the mailbox now…

Reactions: springer01

Same for me with the throw lever. And trying to install it scratched up the paint on the mag ring.

Me too...

My old XTR2/3 Anarchy Outdoors throw lever fit. So' I'm going with that for meow... Probably won't use a metallic ring due to paint/powder coat transfer.

I really hope Burris doesn't start getting off-track.... powder coat or paint on a handling surface cannot end well. It's just not durable enough and while I don't baby my gear, I don't want it to look like I drag it behind my truck.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
The stuff is anodized red underneath the red paint. There must have been some problems with the finish to paint over it

I've said on multiple threads now that anodizing is a mess. Everyone is so backed up its hard to get anything done. A long time provider of anodizing services to Burris is absolutely buried. We talked about it at my facility visit in April.

They are exploring other options. The scope is in crazy high demand and they are struggling with their service providers to get components. They discussed a couple possible options while I was there. I'm sure they are trying to land on the best one that doesn't slow production to a crawl.

I have looked through a Burris Team members and I was very impressed. The field of view blew away anything I’ve ever looked through before. The sight picture was amazing. It felt like the ocular lens was huge is the only way to really describe it. Very clean reticle and great turret features. Overall I think it’s a fantastic scope.

I was digging the anodized finish on mine it looks great to me, kinda bummed the latest releases are different. @Birddog6424 @D_TROS do you guys have any inside info on this?

All I heard was the inconsistencies with color of anodizing as well as production flow was causing headache. They switched to cerakote (not sure if its this method exactly) to speed up production as well as make the colors much more consistent.

@Birddog6424 @D_TROS

Do you guys know the thread size for the throw lever? I can probably just tap the hole.

no ideer. a quick tap might work tho.

GL
DT

Just think if they wouldn’t have used red parts there wouldn’t be an issue and more people would want them. I want to pick one up but the red is hard for me to like.

Nailed it!

I'm sure that subject came up in development. No one in the industry can overlook the years of complaints of the brown GI and GII Razor. Yet Vortex keeps the color even into the GIII. They have their reasons despite the complaints.

I'm sure Burris has their reasons for wanting those red highlights. And just like with the Razor, the feel strongly enough about it that they kept it, knowing full well some people wouldn't like it.

On a personal note, I spotted two other Pros at the Hornady PRC last weekend other than mine. And by spotted, I mean I didn't even have to get close to the rifles to see those red anodized highlights. I thought they looked pretty frickin sexy..

Went out blasting prairie dogs this weekend with the new 6br and the shot a match today. Really liking the new Pro.

I noticed that what ever they used to coat the scope black gets marked up really easily. It doesn’t scratch through but has lighter scuff marks.

The paralax and magnification ring have gotten smoother and lost a lot of the notchy feeling they had when new.

Shot the pro next to my 3-18 xtr3 this weekend and it was a noticeable improvement in glass quality.

Reactions: Birddog6424
Went out blasting prairie dogs this weekend with the new 6br and the shot a match today. Really liking the new Pro.

I noticed that what ever they used to coat the scope black gets marked up really easily. It doesn’t scratch through but has lighter scuff marks.

The paralax and magnification ring have gotten smoother and lost a lot of the notchy feeling they had when new.

Shot the pro next to my 3-18 xtr3 this weekend and it was a noticeable improvement in glass quality.

They call that Hunter Black. It's a very flat black.

I notice what you mean though. Dirt and scuffs seem very noticeable on it. But they told me as it wears it develops a bit of a different look to it. Very flat, non-reflective, I think patina is the word they used, but I can't envision an actual patina on it.

Guess I'll just keep breaking it in with dirt and scuffs and see how it looks after a season or two.

I have 3 scr2’s. I think I would prefer the scr 1/4 but can’t afford 3 pros and I like my 3-18 which isn’t available in the 2 1/4.

Can't really say I have a favorite, because out of the 3 I've only ever used the scr2, but I've never really been left wanting with that reticle.

Reactions: Amanda4461
I'm not a Tremor fan. Too busy for me.

I like the idea of the Quarter mil, the people using it really like them.

I have the SCR2, really like it, and for the sake on continuity across the optics I own, I've stuck with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redfisher60
I got a chance to look though @D_TROS Pro at WTRC a couple weeks ago. Optic wise it looked good. The reticle focus was not set for my eyes, and I didn't want to mess with it, but what I could see tells me I'm still not a fan of any of the new reticles they offer. I don't understand why they can't offer a simple reticle like a MSR or TMR style reticle?
Another thing I noticed, the clicks in the elevation turret where kind of springy feeling, and that's the only way I can explain it. Not saying it was bad, just not firm clicks like my S&B scopes.

I picked up a cert off the prize table for a XTR3, but gave it away to one of the ROs, as I decided I definitely don't like the SCR reticle offerings.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Just needs a spuhr & Aadmount caps. Tomorrow range time to see how it does.

Attachments

• 05AC2B91-C5F8-4879-BC86-509256AF64BE.jpeg
    05AC2B91-C5F8-4879-BC86-509256AF64BE.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 122
  • AFC0B70F-2FDB-49C0-AC45-51E0F1D908DD.jpeg
    AFC0B70F-2FDB-49C0-AC45-51E0F1D908DD.jpeg
    522.9 KB · Views: 120
  • A4106926-64B3-4C4B-88C2-24029416126B.jpeg
    A4106926-64B3-4C4B-88C2-24029416126B.jpeg
    337.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 1D2FD57B-36FB-4569-B7F1-8268D63ADBCD.jpeg
    1D2FD57B-36FB-4569-B7F1-8268D63ADBCD.jpeg
    334.6 KB · Views: 122
Well, I did pick one up in the PX. My main scopes I spend the most time behind are my MInox ZP5 on my comp gun, and I have a gaggle of MK5 3-18s on my hunting rifles. Initial impressions after mounting are good. The glass is not as good as my Minox of course, but definitely a cut above the MK5. Field of view is impressive. Reticle may take some getting used to, but will be great for hold overs. Turrets are acceptable. Mine has noticeably more "resistance" going back down in Mils than up. Not sure if others notice that as well.

I gotta hand it to Burris, some pretty innovative ideas on this scope at a price point that is not ridiculous. Plus, Made in the USA. Supposed to cloud up this evening, I might take it out and get it zero'd.

Edit: Got out this evening and shot a little bit. Scope is stupid easy to get zero'd, I am now a big fan of the tool less zero.

Had a T storm roll through when I shooting, so had a wide variety of conditions. Optically, I think it's a damn good scope, although it has it's limitations. I found the sweet spot to be at about 20-22 power with the parallax set at about 600. Shot targets at 100, 500, 700, and 1100. Got hits on all (100 was zeroing of course) center plate, so I can make a reasonable assumption the scope is tracking true. Great reticle, and for me it became much more useable and less cluttered in the 18-22x range. I could see myself shooting this scope at that mag range, which is a little more than I usually shoot at. The wide FOV helps a lot. Overall, pretty happy with it so far. Hopefully she holds up.
I noticed the same thing on the elevation on mine. Going up not very good & going down was very tactile & audible. Did you figure out if this is normal. Also my parallax is very stiff & not smooth at all. Is your parallax really stiff too? D_tros was definitely right about the glass being a step up vs the xtr3, mk5hd, & xrs3. Very good glass. It’s surprisingly close to my pmII & my friend who owns a TT also said he thinks it’s close to both in glass.