• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris XTR Pro 🇺🇸

I am excited for the XTR 3i. Been patiently waiting for the illuminated version. I am starting to get head spin with all the rapid changes in models and reticles and reticle thickness. XTR III, XTR Pro, XTR3i etc. I too am curious to where this XTR3i will be manufactured.

I'm trying to "source" a Burris XTR Pro....and can't find one anywhere. I reached out to Burris via email and they said their dealers have them in stock, but what dealers? They never replied back to me after multiple attempts for a stocking dealer. I'm disappointed in the absolute shit show of support and customer service which seems to be the norm these days for most companies.

So I call Burris and talked to support, they tell me the scope is discontinued, WTF is happening to America? People are fucking retards

Last edited:
The whole reason I have been waiting on the illuminated XTR3 or now the XTR3i 3-18x50 was to be able to run a “American made/assembled” scope. If it’s being produced elsewhere and they aren’t offering the PRO model in 3-18x50 I might be passing. This doesn’t sound like good news. Sorry, I just don’t trust scopes made in China or Philippines. Germany, Japan, Austria, sure but not those other places.

The whole reason I have been waiting on the illuminated XTR3 or now the XTR3i 3-18x50 was to be able to run a “American made/assembled” scope. If it’s being produced elsewhere and they aren’t offering the PRO model in 3-18x50 I might be passing. This doesn’t sound like good news. Sorry, I just don’t trust scopes made in China or Philippines. Germany, Japan, Austria, sure but not those other places.
I'm guessing the XTR Pro is going to be a big hit and Burris will (hopefully) make a 3-18 ish model of the Pro as well.

Reactions: D_TROS
'm trying to "source" a Burris XTR Pro....and can't find one anywhere. I reached out to Burris via email and they said their dealers have them in stock, but
I have found this to be the deal with Burris. I love the concept of the scope and the company, execution seems to lack delivering to market. I have a 3-18 xtr3 on one of my guns. If I remember correctly it took forever to get, then the glass had a weird distortion to it and they replaced it. It is a good scope however. I am all over the Made in the USA aspect, but I will likely wait until one shows up in the PX before I try one out.

Burris is going to lose some customers if the 3i becomes imported even if it’s the Phillipenes or South Korea. Should have kept the price the same or increased it to cover the cost of labor. They done fucked up.

Burris is going to lose some customers if the 3i becomes imported even if it’s the Phillipenes or South Korea. Should have kept the price the same or increased it to cover the cost of labor. They done fucked up.
Burris has zero clue about this scope, spoke to 3 different people. Just like Bushnell, fucking clueless. I'm sure they both are gonna lose some market share when people move onto another brand.

Interesting. I went out and checked how much up I have on my rifle. On my factory Tikka and im not sure if the base is canted, I have 21.5 mils of up.

Before I put it on my Tikka I was shooting elr with my rimfire. I made a bet with a friend I could hit a target at 485, which is my furthest attempt with a rimfire for me, on my RimX I dialed to 19 mils of up (maxed out) and held over another 8.5 which wasnt tough at all and got a 3rd round impact. we were both crazy surprised. I was lucky enough to see my first 2 shots. Kestrel said 27.5 mils and for some reason after dialing 19, I held only 7 more daaaa.

The large FOV made holdovers at higher zoom zoom easily done.

I love elr rimfire. Im not sure what to say for scope choices other than I would get in this order: Tracking glass quality and fov. If $$ didnt matter, then the TT would be on my rifle.

Unfortunately, with 4 boys under 10, having options near $2k or under is all I can hope for. If I have a scope that can dial 20 mils, thats what I am happy with in elr rimfire.

Burris also makes the rings with inserts. I use them exclusively with rimfire to max out dialing. on any scope (unfortunately didnt have any avail but I did order some more.). very worth it in your ELR endeavor.

this thread is worthless w/o pics
down in NM in December. toughest shooting conditions ive ever shot in. the wind and dust was brutal.

View attachment 7792387

View attachment 7792394

View attachment 7792397

View attachment 7792395

I really like the matte finish, but the finish really shows dust after a very tough and dusty/windy match. Wipes clean easy enough tho.

Day one had 50+ gusts. Hardest day of shooting of my life. Finished top 308 and a tie fo 5th overall. Tracking wasnt an issue. Running 2 differents types of ammo was. daaaaa. 155's and 175's.

View attachment 7792396

Some rimfire fun with the pup. Man I love these turrets. SOOOOOO much better than the old ones.

GL!
DT
Good looking dog, love the Chesapeakes.

Great post. I've been a fan of my XTRIII and it will remain my primary optic this season. With that being said, I've all but lost patience on the illuminated models coming out. The match pro looks great, but that's not what the market, including myself, was asking for. We simply wanted illumination, specifically the 3-18 model.
D_Tros along with Birddog have done a great job marketing Burris' product, and I feel bad for them that Burris has essentially thrown them under the bus. Speaking for myself, it's getting a bit nauseating seeing their posts about how great the optic is, but yet, it's vaporware for the market. The "coming soon" mantra has worn itself thin. I'll continue to enjoy my XTRIII 5-30, but I think I'll move on at this point as I'm tired of waiting. I have no brand loyalty to anyone. I simply want to run the best equipment for the $ I can afford and that is available.
Kinda the same boat here. I was ready to order a pro for my tikka right away. A deal popped up for an ATACR so I bought that instead. I will still get a pro for it eventually, but not in any rush now.

Reactions: Yoteski
Made somewhere else
Illumination added
Price drop
Produced in greater numbers

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Its a joke
Haha, thank God I'm certain that's not the case. 🤣

My strong suspicion is the Phillipines where the XTRII has been produced these past 8 years, along with a slough of other optics.. They'll source glass from the same location, and not change anything but where its made. It won't go down in quality, but they will be able to produce them in greater number and reduce the price.

Its speculation of course. The official announcement for this new optic is the 27th.

Burris is going to lose some customers if the 3i becomes imported even if it’s the Phillipenes or South Korea. Should have kept the price the same or increased it to cover the cost of labor...
Time will tell, I have no issue with Philippines or South Korea, just as long as they're not supporting the CCP. Yes, it was appreciated that they were assembling the XTR III's in Greeley, but their facilities can only handle so much. My guess is this, if the XTR IIIi has significant drop off in sales, they will consider expanding Greeley and bringing assembly back in house, but as long as the quality of the XTR IIIi stays up with the current XTR III then I would imagine we will not see a drop in sales, but an increase due to finally having illumination.

Reactions: Birddog6424
Time will tell, I have no issue with Philippines or South Korea, just as long as they're not supporting the CCP. Yes, it was appreciated that they were assembling the XTR III's in Greeley, but their facilities can only handle so much. My guess is this, if the XTR IIIi has significant drop off in sales, they will consider expanding Greeley and bringing assembly back in house, but as long as the quality of the XTR IIIi stays up with the current XTR III then I would imagine we will not see a drop in sales, but an increase due to finally having illumination.
I suspect they are thinking along those lines. Between illumination and a $1300 MAP, there are going to be buyers who like this optic.

Burris has a very good, very long running relationship with the Phillipines. The XTRII is a very durable optic for the last 8 years and running and still sells. Their top of the line hunting scope, the Veracity has also been produced there for as many years. There are others as well.

It won't make everyone happy, but its still going to be a great value optic. It simply isn't possible to meet demand by keeping it in Colorado.

Reactions: Glassaholic
I suspect they are thinking along those lines. Between illumination and a $1300 MAP, there are going to be buyers who like this optic.

Burris has a very good, very long running relationship with the Phillipines. The XTRII is a very durable optic for the last 8 years and running and still sells. Their top of the line hunting scope, the Veracity has also been produced there for as many years. There are others as well.

It won't make everyone happy, but its still going to be a great value optic. It simply isn't possible to meet demand by keeping it in Colorado.
That is somewhat of a bummer as the fact the XTR3 was made in the USA is a big selling point. Folks follow the $$ so its probably a good move for Burris in the end. Personally I'll be throwing the Pro on a rifle because it makes me feel warm and fuzzy!

$1300 MAP... nice! My guess is there are more people who want illumination and would be acceptable of Philippine manufacture than there are those who'd rather not. I could be wrong.

I am going to need an idiots guide to Burris scopes because they have had so many SKUs in the last 3 years. . Hopefully they will update their website after the 27th. Please correct me if I am wrong on this because I am trying to decide between the Pro or upcoming XTR3i. I wanted to grab a XTRIII but the lack of illum put it on the back burner.

XTR PRO - made in Greeley, CO. illuminated red/green. Only available in 5.5-30 x 56 with SCR, SCR2 1/4 mil (I like), Horus Tremor 5. red anodized mag ring and elevation turret with race dial and tool less zero set and option for capped windage, quick change turrets. min Parallax 20yds, MSRP $2639 non horus. MAP ?

XTR3i - made in ? (Philippines perhaps). illuminated red/green. 3-18 (?) and 5.5-30 x56. Which reticles. I am assuming SCR, SCR2, Horus. Unknown if it has red anodizing. Parallax ? MSRP ? MAP $1300.

I am sure a lot of the unknowns about 3i will be revealed after the 27th. Going to have to decide if the juice is worth the squeeze to jump from the 3i to the pro

I am going to need an idiots guide to Burris scopes. Hopefully they will update their website after the 27th. Please correct me if I am wrong on this because I am trying to decide between the Pro or upcoming XTR3i. I wanted to grab a XTRIII but the lack of illum put it on the back burner.

XTR PRO - made in Greeley, CO. illuminated red/green. Only available in 5.5-30 x 56 with SCR, SCR2 1/4 mil (I like), Horus Tremor 5. red anodized mag ring and elevation turret with race dial and tool less zero set and option for capped windage, quick change turrets. min Parallax 20yds, MSRP $2639 non horus. MAP ?

XTR3i - made in ? (Philippines perhaps). illuminated red/green. 3-18 (?) and 5.5-30 x56. Which reticles. I am assuming SCR, SCR2, Horus. Unknown if it has red anodizing. Parralax ? MSRP ? MAP $1300.

I am sure a lot of the unknowns about 3i will be revealed after the 27th. Going to have to decide if the juice is worth the squeeze to jump from the 3i to the pro

Glass apparently better on the Pro.

If the glass on the 3i is the same as the glass on the old 3, and there's no quality loss due to assembly location, that will be an unbeatable value. Tough to justify 2X the price for the Pro - there wasn't much room between the old 3 and the top tier scopes to begin with... but will see.

Can the Burrii peeps confirm glass source for the old 3, the new 3i, and the Pro? I thought the old 3 already was Japanese glass...

If the glass on the 3i is the same as the glass on the old 3, and there's no quality loss due to assembly location, that will be an unbeatable value. Tough to justify 2X the price for the Pro - there wasn't much room between the old 3 and the top tier scopes to begin with... but will see.

Can the Burrii peeps confirm glass source for the old 3, the new 3i, and the Pro? I thought the old 3 already was Japanese glass...
No change on where the glass is sourced. Had a lengthy conversation about it.

The Pro is an ED glass. So far even on a sunny day, I havent seen any CA in the Pro. I havent tried to induce it yet, maybe I can find it if I try. But properly set up its been very clear.

Reactions: chase723

Its been mentioned several times the glass is noticeably better on the pro. so much so, that on the same zoom zoom, I thought the pro was on a higher magnification due to clarity and detail I could see. super weird to describe without being there.

Sooooooo let me get this straight. People complaining that they wont buy a scope that is going to be cheaper WITH more features because it is made out of the states, JUST to buy another scope that is made out of the states with less features???

lololol wow the hide gas done gone crazy....

Burris is a small company. In a small town. They cant handle upping production to keep up with demand. They opted to make their TOL optic in the good ol USA. It super sucks and breaks my heart as I was so attached to the 3 to see it produced out of country, but the pro has quickly been the hotter girl for me and Im glad it will be tagged USA.

Rumor is Burris is looking to expand into larger warehouse to up production, but if everyone here is complaining about a couple month wait for production to shift to a new optic while a whole new factory gets tooled up for a whole new optic, Id hate to see the reaction if production shifted to another location. lol. man needy ass group of "men" ;)

YMMV
DT

Just to be clear, I thing most would reject something made in Asia outside of Japan, especially China.

But, then there's those who still want the cheapest product, even though it's inferior, and made in a country (i.e. China) that really is at war with the USA.

My friend, while Burris is small, they have been owned by Beretta for the last 20 years. Beretta isn't massive, but with ~~3,000 employees (pre-COVID) and about $700,000,000 in revenue (also pre-COVID) a year, it seems maybe more cash injection for Burris is warranted?

I am a motorcycle guy, and Moto Guzzi is one of my favs, but I wouldn't own one 15 years ago. Then Piaggio Group bought them, and many years and mucho $$ later, the current crop of Guzzis made in the last 4-5 years are arguably the best they ever made, purist arguments aside.

Never underestimate the power of pouring corporate cash into a product line. Good folks at Burris/Steiner...... I would like them to succeed.

Its been mentioned several times the glass is noticeably better on the pro. so much so, that on the same zoom zoom, I thought the pro was on a higher magnification due to clarity and detail I could see. super weird to describe without being there.

Sooooooo let me get this straight. People complaining that they wont buy a scope that is going to be cheaper WITH more features because it is made out of the states, JUST to buy another scope that is made out of the states with less features???

lololol wow the hide gas done gone crazy....

Burris is a small company. In a small town. They cant handle upping production to keep up with demand. They opted to make their TOL optic in the good ol USA. It super sucks and breaks my heart as I was so attached to the 3 to see it produced out of country, but the pro has quickly been the hotter girl for me and Im glad it will be tagged USA.

Rumor is Burris is looking to expand into larger warehouse to up production, but if everyone here is complaining about a couple month wait for production to shift to a new optic while a whole new factory gets tooled up for a whole new optic, Id hate to see the reaction if production shifted to another location. lol. man needy ass group of "men" ;)

YMMV
DT

I asked for specific info on the glass - no answer, so must infer that the old 3 glass was also Philippines, and it was/is great glass - just means the 3i will be an even better value than the 3 already was. Never said I wouldn't buy if out of states production, but I'm interested in the Pro, so moot for me anyway.

The only gripe I have is with the poor management of a great many firearms related companies.

The poor management of this model change / rollout annoyed me to the point that I spent almost 7K on 2 other scopes. So easily avoidable, and so basic when running a company or a product line. They could've got me for 2 more XTR3's and then got me later for up to 4 XTR Pro's. Instead, I'm annoyed and trying other optics, and I'm not the only one. Worse is they missed the entire Xmas season and will have a huge sales gap for ~5 months.

Justifications themselves are a sign of poor mgt. I am a customer. I shouldn't care about any internal company matters whatsoever.

How much space does Burris need? I might have 3 warehouses available in a couple of months.

ETA: oops, looks like 1.5 available.

I can hardly wait to look through a Pro especially if the glass is better, I've been very happy with the glass in the XTR111 and the only complaint has been the reticle wasn't illuminated. The XTR111i will be a winner also if the quality is the same as the non illuminated models.

If production moves to the Philippines and quality stays the same, good on Burris. I'm all about having the current quality at a lower price point (WITH ILLUMINATION) so long as it's not CCP. I was pleased and surprised Burris was making the XTRIII in house, but it's understandable demand is not sustainable. It's either put up with people (like me), bitching about not having illumination and elongated wait times, or outsource the product. I'm happy the Pro is still being produced stateside. Good on Burris for trying to satisfy their customers while trying to keep part of the production here. Also, good on Burris for not contracting with the CCP.

If production moves to the Philippines and quality stays the same, good on Burris. I'm all about having the current quality at a lower price point (WITH ILLUMINATION) so long as it's not CCP. I was pleased and surprised Burris was making the XTRIII in house, but it's understandable demand is not sustainable. It's either put up with people (like me), bitching about not having illumination and elongated wait times, or outsource the product. I'm happy the Pro is still being produced stateside. Good on Burris for trying to satisfy their customers while trying to keep part of the production here. Also, good on Burris for not contracting with the CCP.
They have other scopes made by CCP already.

I will admit I have an Athlon Helos 2x12 chinesium scope. Every other scope I own is US, Philippines, Japanese or European. I have 5 of the XTR2s so I’m not against the Philippines but certainly would prefer the US made scopes. Burris has caught a lot of shit about their new CCP scopes on other forums. Let’s hope they don’t move more stuff to them.

Wake me up when the Pros become available.

I just bought a MK5 7-35x56 PR2 reticle from Leupold. I was really hoping to get a new XTR Pro, but there's zero indication of any ETA or any info. Maybe later I can get one, but at least now when it comes out it comes out and I do not "need" another scope at the moment. I hate waiting!!!

Interesting. I went out and checked how much up I have on my rifle. On my factory Tikka and im not sure if the base is canted, I have 21.5 mils of up.

Before I put it on my Tikka I was shooting elr with my rimfire. I made a bet with a friend I could hit a target at 485, which is my furthest attempt with a rimfire for me, on my RimX I dialed to 19 mils of up (maxed out) and held over another 8.5 which wasnt tough at all and got a 3rd round impact. we were both crazy surprised. I was lucky enough to see my first 2 shots. Kestrel said 27.5 mils and for some reason after dialing 19, I held only 7 more daaaa.

The large FOV made holdovers at higher zoom zoom easily done.

I love elr rimfire. Im not sure what to say for scope choices other than I would get in this order: Tracking glass quality and fov. If $$ didnt matter, then the TT would be on my rifle.

Unfortunately, with 4 boys under 10, having options near $2k or under is all I can hope for. If I have a scope that can dial 20 mils, thats what I am happy with in elr rimfire.

Burris also makes the rings with inserts. I use them exclusively with rimfire to max out dialing. on any scope (unfortunately didnt have any avail but I did order some more.). very worth it in your ELR endeavor.

this thread is worthless w/o pics
down in NM in December. toughest shooting conditions ive ever shot in. the wind and dust was brutal.

View attachment 7792387

View attachment 7792394

View attachment 7792397

View attachment 7792395

I really like the matte finish, but the finish really shows dust after a very tough and dusty/windy match. Wipes clean easy enough tho.

Day one had 50+ gusts. Hardest day of shooting of my life. Finished top 308 and a tie fo 5th overall. Tracking wasnt an issue. Running 2 differents types of ammo was. daaaaa. 155's and 175's.

View attachment 7792396

Some rimfire fun with the pup. Man I love these turrets. SOOOOOO much better than the old ones.

GL!
DT
So when will XLR release this buttstock?

I've never cared for the buttstock either.....(to me) it looks cheap like an afterthought.
I don't mind how it looks but there are no locating points to keep it upright on the buffer tube or return it to the same point. This means when I clean my barrel I have to take the action out of the stock every time. I'd also profer better adjustability and tool less adjusments

I don't mind how it looks but there are no locating points to keep it upright on the buffer tube or return it to the same point. This means when I clean my barrel I have to take the action out of the stock every time. I'd also profer better adjustability and tool less adjusments
Just unscrew the buffer tube 1/4 turn. Then you dont mess with LOP or cheek adjustment. Not nearly as easy as toolless but it goes back in the same spot every time.
I actually like the stock minus that fact. One of the few on the market that give full adjustability and aren't super overweight.

I am doing a preorder, cost is $2200 shipped for the two SCR reticles, price is higher for Tremor5. Free shipping and I pay tax for the preorders.

The new XTR3i is going to be on a different track. Greeley didn't have the facility capacity to meet XTRIII demand, so its my strong suspicion is that the Pro will continue to come out of Colorado, and the XTR3i will be produced elsewhere in much greater numbers. With illumination and a decreased price tag, they are going to sell a lot of those.
Shit! I hope not...

Where are the non illuminated XTRIII made? Still in CO?