• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR3!!!

After shooting behind a first gen Razor AMG I don’t mind the cross. But I do like the floating dot as well. I wonder how much of a premium Horus will add the to the Tremor 5?
I've heard some MSRP and MAP numbers. They were still a little loose goosy. Hopefully they'll have settled on a number by Thursday.

I do wonder if the $3k MAP of the GIII Razor will have an influence.

I've heard some MSRP and MAP numbers. They were still a little loose goosy. Hopefully they'll have settled on a number by Thursday.

I do wonder if the $3k MAP of the GIII Razor will have an influence.
Obviously don't know what all the changes are but if the XTR3 has been labeled as the scope to beat under 2k.

Seems like they'll need to have made a lot of improvements to be pushing towards 3k.

That being said the Tremor 5 can cost 5k and most people won't be to bothered.....

Dealer told me :LOL: price would be lower than the last one - maybe MSRP, but street won't be as discounted? Find it hard to believe better glass and real price reduction, when this was already the best value in the marketplace @~1600 street, but hopefully we shall see on the morrow.

Dealer told me :LOL: price would be lower than the last one - maybe MSRP, but street won't be as discounted? Find it hard to believe better glass and real price reduction, when this was already the best value in the marketplace @~1600 street, but hopefully we shall see on the morrow.
The dealer is right... and he's not.. 😉

I'm ready for this to get out in the open so we can talk about this stuff. There's a lot going on..

The dealer is right... and he's not.. 😉

I'm ready for this to get out in the open so we can talk about this stuff. There's a lot going on..

Either there's waaayyy too much margin in this industry, or it's being run by idiots. You've gotta be pissed... sure, go ahead, pump it, we got your back. Umm, guys, XRS3 is out. Guys, G3 dropped. Guys? Faaaaaack, now they're going to make fun of me on-the-line. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Birddog6424
The new XTR III and the new pro are illuminated. The prices have gone down on the XTR III while the quality has gone up, the PRO model is in a whole other ball park. Pro will ship late March.

Reactions: Chickentoast
Nothing else interests me other than the 3-18 being illuminated. I think that scope with illumination is the LR hunting scope to buy. Will be looking into this for the future.

Hope the costs isn't going to be giraffe pussy like the G3.
No, I think the number i heard seems pretty fair. And well below the G3.

The new optic is very feature rich.. If the Burris glass is close, Vortex will have dragged us into every comparison conversation..

Reactions: 346ci
Either there's waaayyy too much margin in this industry, or it's being run by idiots.
Blame the consumers who don't know the difference between warranty and end-user abuse. Companies have to work in a scope's replacement cost into the initial price

Blame the consumers who don't know the difference between warranty and end-user abuse. Companies have to work in a scope's replacement cost into the initial price
sheeple.jpeg

I couldn't help myself...

But seriously, assuming the new XTR III is a 6-36, the G3 Razor's price feels out of place. With Burris and Bushnell's offerings, I'm surprised they launched it at such a high price point.

View attachment 7782864

I couldn't help myself...

But seriously, assuming the new XTR III is a 6-36, the G3 Razor's price feels out of place. With Burris and Bushnell's offerings, I'm surprised they launched it at such a high price point.
Ours is still 5.5-30.

But it baffles me that anyone thinks they need more. ELR could kinda justify it. But I've never shot over 25x even when shooting beyond a mile. I think last time out we went to 2200 yards and I was on 18x.

Nothing else interests me other than the 3-18 being illuminated. I think that scope with illumination is the LR hunting scope to buy. Will be looking into this for the future.
Doesn't even have to be illuminated, just a thicker reticle IMO.

So the glass is imporved in the XTR Pro it seems?
I hope they clear all this up in the offical launch as I have no idea what is happening with/to this XTR 3 line.

2 things;

- That turret looks bloody huge.
-Removing the turret just to write on it is a very subtle flex.....
I love huge turrets. If there's anything I wasn't in love with for the XTR III it was that the turrets seemed smallish to me.

Ours is still 5.5-30.

But it baffles me that anyone thinks they need more. ELR could kinda justify it. But I've never shot over 25x even when shooting beyond a mile. I think last time out we went to 2200 yards and I was on 18x.

I'm around 40X most times with my BB gun :ROFLMAO:
384B2F64-C176-4386-83F2-62F19D7F27AE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Birddog6424
Doesn't even have to be illuminated, just a thicker reticle IMO.

So the glass is imporved in the XTR Pro it seems?
I hope they clear all this up in the offical launch as I have no idea what is happening with/to this XTR 3 line.

I need it illuminated. I got bit on a hunt with a NF ATACR 5-25 that didn't have illumination on a trophy whitetail in KY. Swore I'd never hunt again without illumination. I could see the deer, but couldn't see the reticle.

Assuming it doesn’t have locking elevation turret?
This does not.

And I can't speak to Burris' opinion on this matter, so this is strictly IMHO, but locking elevation turrets are a cure for a problem that never existed.

You should always check your dope on an exposed turret before taking a shot, any shot. And Lord knows I've certainly forgotten to dial on a stage or two. I'm preaching to myself 🤣

Having said that, I dont know anyone who missed a shot in hunting or competition from a bumped elevation turret.

This does not.

And I can't speak to Burris' opinion on this matter, so this is strictly IMHO, but locking elevation turrets are a cure for a problem that never existed.

You should always check your dope on an exposed turret before taking a shot, any shot. And Lord knows I've certainly forgotten to dial on a stage or two. I'm preaching to myself 🤣

Having said that, I dont know anyone who missed a shot in hunting or competition from a bumped elevation turret.
I've lost time by accidentally locking my turret on the last dial and then wondering what's happened? Why I can't turn my turret to the next target? I hate locking turrets. They are the worst

I need it illuminated. I got bit on a hunt with a NF ATACR 5-25 that didn't have illumination on a trophy whitetail in KY. Swore I'd never hunt again without illumination. I could see the deer, but couldn't see the reticle.
I 95% agree but would prefer a thicker non illuminated reticle than a super thin one with illumination.

I find a thicker reticle (on the 3.3-18 atleast) will be useful more often than illumination is.
But agree in those times when you need illumination, you need illumination.

Reactions: J-Ham and BLKWLFK9
I 95% agree but would prefer a thicker non illuminated reticle than a super thin one with illumination.

I find a thicker reticle (on the 3.3-18 atleast) will be useful more often than illumination is.
But agree in those times when you need illumination, you need illumination.
Absolutely. My biggest complaint is not a heavy enough reticle for hunting. Burris needs to step up on that one because nobody else will. A mil-quad is close, just needs a little thickening where it matters. If you hunt woods to open 600 yard fields you know what I’m talking about.

I‘m never off of 6x on 300 yards and in and only on 10-12 at 600 when hunting, I like a wide FOV to watch reactions. 2 weeks ago I had my AR with an XTRII 4-20 G2B (I think) and had to go to 10x at 310 yards because it’s a bit thin. I didn’t have time to turn on illumination, something about 2 orange blobs moving around for position. Plenty of light, just thin reticles.

Reactions: FJS
I've lost time by accidentally locking my turret on the last dial and then wondering what's happened? Why I can't turn my turret to the next target? I hate locking turrets. They are the worst
I get how frustrating that must have been.. The only scope I ever broke in competition was a MK8 CQBSS 1-8. Came in a little fast on a dump box in a 3 gun match and it busted the pinch to move locking turrets. I had to hold under the rest of the day and swap it out for day 2.
dont quote me but the XTR3 will not be avail without illum moving forward. AND there will be a price drop.

GL
DT
I heard the same thing. I think that's solid info.

Other scopes are going up in price, the XTR3 is coming down.
Absolutely. My biggest complaint is not a heavy enough reticle for hunting. Burris needs to step up on that one because nobody else will. A mil-quad is close, just needs a little thickening where it matters. If you hunt woods to open 600 yard fields you know what I’m talking about.

I‘m never off of 6x on 300 yards and in and only on 10-12 at 600 when hunting, I like a wide FOV to watch reactions. 2 weeks ago I had my AR with an XTRII 4-20 G2B (I think) and had to go to 10x at 310 yards because it’s a bit thin. I didn’t have time to turn on illumination, something about 2 orange blobs moving around for position. Plenty of light, just thin reticles.
The SCR is a good hunting reticle. I've used it for 8 years now on hunting rifles.

Its .035 mils thick.

Last edited:
so even once released I'm guessing these new models are going to be unobtainium for months and months correct?

so even once released I'm guessing these new models are going to be unobtainium for months and months correct?
There are quite a few of the XTR Pro already produced. They are up for sale for retailers.

But depending on demand, they may be tough to grab.

This isn't a teaser of what's to come like in year's past. The new scopes are in production.

Last edited: