• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR3!!!

Were they having a super dooper sale or is there normal price really low normally?
That's a smoking deal, by far the cheapest I've ever seen on a scope of this price range outside of a clearance sale.
The optic is discounted to 13something. With their sitewide 12% off coupon it gets down to the price I paid.

That discount is pretty nice. I tried to add something to my order an hour after placing the order and they couldn’t do it because the box was already getting loaded into a truck.

They have had them at the $1300ish price for a while now. Discounts come and go. My guess is they are just trying to dump year end stock. I doubt Primary Arms is among the places people in the market for an optic of this type/class would shop normally.

The optic is discounted to 13something. With their sitewide 12% off coupon it gets down to the price I paid.

That discount is pretty nice. I tried to add something to my order an hour after placing the order and they couldn’t do it because the box was already getting loaded into a truck.
Here's hoping they can ship internationally!
Not keen to wait another 2 years for the local importer to get these in.

MERRY CHRISTMASS EVE!!

Last weekend had a good time down at the @competitiondynamics Safari Special!

29761434-7164-468F-B796-DAD9599C0781.jpeg

hashtagonecartridgetorulethemall

We are. And I apologize. We're just having some fun with it.

The curtain pulls back really soon..
From the grainy YouTube video it looks like it may be a switch rather than a button. Since we already know that the illumination appears controlled in the typical manner, what else could that be on the turret? LRF? Nah. What about a switch for a spring loaded mechanism that when slid to the right will immediately bring you back to zero?

Reactions: Jack's Dad
Probably they're all just trolling us with an obvious gadget that serves no function.

hate to go off topic with these annoyin pics...but I figure you guys will appreciate it. Wish I could tell more. As the scope is appearing at more and more matches...I cant not share the love. Cant answer specifics right now just my and my dog doing some rimfire practice this weekend!

RIMX 2021.jpeg

Regards
DT

hate to go off topic with these annoyin pics...but I figure you guys will appreciate it. Wish I could tell more. As the scope is appearing at more and more matches...I cant not share the love. Cant answer specifics right now just my and my dog doing some rimfire practice this weekend!

View attachment 7770206

Regards
DT
You can zoom in so far on that pic you can "almost" see everything..

Good looking dog 😉

I like the new knurling on the turrets, mag ring and ocular focus, any idea if that will carry over to the production version? Same glass as the OG version?

Since pictures and video are out there already, could we get a top down picture wherein we can make our own inferences to what this mystery XTR might be called.

I ask because my “enhance” button is currently disabled.

Since pictures and video are out there already, could we get a top down picture wherein we can make our own inferences to what this mystery XTR might be called.

I ask because my “enhance” button is currently disabled.
The mucky mucks at Burris might punch us in the eye if we go that far. It's really close though to rolling out.

The mucky mucks at Burris might punch us in the eye if we go that far. It's really close though to rolling out.
I vividly remember a middle school fist fight that involved a clenched fist flying into my eye. I can understand why you’re trying to avoid eye punches…

Reactions: Birddog6424
I hope Burris is compensating @D_TROS & @Birddog6424 well... I keep forgetting this optic exists until you guys post about it. You do 99% of the marketing for them on forums.

It might have been said and I missed it but the red isn't going to be the only option is it? I'm guessing/hoping not.

Illumination and tool-less turrets. If the turrets are splined unlike NF I'll order a couple for sure.

I hope Burris is compensating @D_TROS & @Birddog6424 well... I keep forgetting this optic exists until you guys post about it. You do 99% of the marketing for them on forums.

It might have been said and I missed it but the red isn't going to be the only option is it? I'm guessing/hoping not.
Just like with the brown Razor, I'm sure the red highlights won't see universal love.

To the best of my knowledge, that's what we have for now.

It certainly blows my color scheme, my rifles are Zombie Green! 🤣

I for one would love it if they made a less aggressive knurling for the turret
I'm debating on taking a small file to the tips of the scales to make it little more comfortable. I've done it on a cheaper scope and turned out alright.

Reactions: D_TROS
Doesn't show reticle subtensions or explain the turret button.

Think you need to drop some more random pictures/specs.....

The turret button is for when you want a MK5, but have XTRIII money....

😁 Just joking!! I sold my MK5s and use a XTRIII now.

Last edited:
We know there's illumination - can you tell us if the entire scr2 reticle is illuminated or just the main vertical and horizontal like the illumination on the mil-xt? I need to replace my 2 comp optics and if these fit the bill I'll need them asap lol

We know there's illumination - can you tell us if the entire scr2 reticle is illuminated or just the main vertical and horizontal like the illumination on the mil-xt? I need to replace my 2 comp optics and if these fit the bill I'll need them asap lol
Which is it you want? Entire reticle or cross like the Mil XT..

So, this new turret thingy won't be backwards compatible with current XTR3's? 12 mrad per rev rather than 10...

Entire reticle. Shooting night matches with the milxt is almost impossible to hold over.

I vote opposite. Too much illumination in the view washes everything out. Will be a deal breaker for a night hunting scope like I've been waiting for the 3-18 to be.

I vote opposite. Too much illumination in the view washes everything out. Will be a deal breaker for a night hunting scope like I've been waiting for the 3-18 to be.
Yup just cross.
Even if the illumination goes very dim a full illuminated tree washes out a target pretty badly in fading light.

If tried centre dot, full tree and main cross and find just main cross to be the best option by far.

Reactions: Yoteski
All changes thus far look great. When you say soon, @D_TROS @Birddog6424 I hope you mean real soon. I love my ZCOs but $4K an optic is just friggin steep. I’ll be buying a couple for sure.

All changes thus far look great. When you say soon, @D_TROS @Birddog6424 I hope you mean real soon. I love my ZCOs but $4K an optic is just friggin steep. I’ll be buying a couple for sure.
Real soon. Shot at the absolute latest, which is in a few weeks. But that last date I heard for the planned announcement is less than a week out.

So fingers crossed we have no delays.