• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bushmaster ACR

jsmythe

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Nashville, TN, USA
I know this is not considered a sniper rifle, but I am hoping to get some info anyways. Bushmaster goes on and on about how you can change barrels and calibres in seconds but doesn't sell any of those parts to do that, at least not on the website. Does anyone know what is going on? Is this just an empty promise? I know they offer the ACR in 6.8 and 5.56, but no conversion kits are available that i know of. Does anyone know of a company, besides Argonauts Reincorporated, that is making ACR aftermarket gun parts?

The last time I looked into getting one it was the same issue: you can do this and this... but no parts could be found. That was back in Jan - Feb of 2013. Situation has not changed to my understanding.

The rifle is still not available in 6.8 from bushy, and there are no congitmed plans fot any other calibers either.

Acrforum. Has guys who with the help of marvin pitts havr made 6.8 and 300blk conversions using regular ar barrels.

Its to bad, the qc on the rifles has gone up, and the platform is very cool. Lack of support however will kill it.

So a lot of it is still vaporware? If the price, etc. wasn't enough of a shock when it was released, the lack of hardware for the sales bullets will certainly kill it.

This could have been a cool ass platform. It
sucks things never got followed up on and it seems to have lost steam. Shame.

Agreed. The worse thing is remington has doe all kinds of developements for it, bushmaster has yet to incorporate one of them.

I've had two of them... Bought one when they first came out with plans of a 300 AAC and sold it after it never happening, then bought another and had the barrel cut to 14.5 and setup for my suppressor. I prefer it's fit and finish to the scar and prefer the heavier barrel and less space gun/video game look, and just keep it as a neat piston 223 gun. It shoots great, looks awesome and is on par with any other ar for accuracy.