• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 30% Rebate Info for Elite Tactical Scopes

I talked with a rep from Vista earlier and was told I could try to submit it with the form that doesn't show the exclusion and if it was rejected to call them up to get it sorted.

But it sounds like that's exactly what you did and it didn't matter. I dunno I may be shipping this one back to Brownells.

Has anyone gotten a rebate for the XRS II?

Reactions: luv2hunt6
March 6th: Submitted my online rebate but seemed odd that I didn't get information to submit the physical UPC in too.

March 8th: Also submitted my paper rebate with actual UPC & documentation that it did NOT excluded Elite Tacticals.

March 20th: Email received that rebate has been received. I'm thinking this is from the online submission. Tracking starts with QJHP.

March 23rd: QJHP rebate has been accepted and approved.

March 24th (morning): Email received that rebate has been received. I'm thinking this is paper submission. Tracking starts with KNQX.

March 24th (evening): KNQX was declined for the following reason; "The UPC barcode was invalid for this offer".

I'm really hoping that they truly rejected my rebate NOT because of invalid UPC but for sending in rebates online and paper format (double).

I, too, got one of the "Dear John" letters from Vista Outdoors, re: my online rebate submission for an LRHSi (for which I paid a little over $1200 from Grabagun.com). I called in and spoke to one of their CSRs, who said that there's nothing that he can do because the UPC on the packaging for my optic is not on the list, as it shows to be an Elite Tactical model. He then suggested that I submit for the rebate by mail.

Now, first things first... I admit that the packaging in which my optic was delivered DOES say "Elite Tactical Hunter"; HOWEVER, I had no way of knowing that prior to purchasing (and receiving) the optic, since even the Bushnell webpage for my particular model of optic (http://bushnell.com/hunting/rifle-scopes/elite-long-range-hunter/lrhsi-4-5-18x-44mm) does not at the time of this writing have the word "tactical" anywhere on it. Further, the part/product number on the packaging for my optic (E45184HI) matches what Bushnell shows on their product information page.

So, I have taken screen grabs of the Bushnell website (that include the URL), and I plan to print them out and go nuts with a highlighter showing the part/product number and the Elite Hunter product name to include with my mail-in submission. The long and short of it is that I purchased this optic in good faith that I would be able to take advantage of this rebate, taking care to ensure that I read the entirety of the rebate form before making my purchase. That Bushnell/Vista Outdoor is taking this approach is extremely frustrating.

I am certainly going to send everything in via snail mail, but the point is that I shouldn't have to. If all else fails, I have prepaid legal representation through my job, so I can file a lawsuit with nothing more out of pocket than filing fees (about $30). I don't WANT to go that route, but if Vista Outdoors wants to be shitty about things, I guess we'll have to be shitty about things.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="BurnOut.[/QUOTE]

Your LRHSI certainly should have no restrictions whatsoever and seems like Bushnell's rep is pulling B.S. out of his A$$. On Bushnell's homepage website you have to click on "HUNTING" , "RIFLESCOPES" then "ELITE LONG RANGE HUNTER" to even get to your scope. To get to my LRS scope I have to go to click on "TACTICAL" from the homepage. This whole rebate program has given me BAD BAD BAD tastes about Bushnell in general and won't be doing business with them anymore. I hope Vista goes along the routes of Remington.

Reactions: generalzip
As stated in my post, yes, I called Bushnell and Vista Outdoors both with the same SoL response.

sorry, I thought you said you contacted them and received an email response. I didn't know you called. their response is BS and I can see why you're torqued.

I'm concerned as I ordered an LRTS from Optics Planet and it says a shipping label has been created but nothing else. I was hoping to get the scope and submit the form before someone at Bushnell gets the bright idea to start denying these claims again...

My check is on the way folks.

Attachments

• Bushnell Check Confirmation.jpg
    Bushnell Check Confirmation.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 75
I had called a few days ago, the gal told me that she would have someone enter the code manually. This morning I got an email from Vista saying the code was invalid and I should re submit.... so off to the phone...
Talking with another, he brought up my info, verified my form was the correct one that does not exclude the Elite tactical, and entered my rebate.

I went back in to the Vista Rebate look up and the rebate showed approved... so the $352 Visa gift card is on it's way...

A little bit of fuss, but nothing so great as to not make it worth my time...

Hiders,

So how is this going? Has his been settled / figured out by Vista Outdoors? Who is and who is not getting satisfaction with the process?

I just think it would be a terrible mistake on their part to not honor this for all the big ticket buyers here....this community has a long memory...please get me up to speed...thanks!!

I think the key is a little diligence, Every interaction I have had on the phone with Vista has been positive and no one has lead me to believe they are not going to honor the rebate as long as you mail them the form that does not exclude the Elite tactical scope verbiage.

Sure I had to cut off one of the UPC codes of the box (There are two, one on each end) and snail mail them with the form, but other then that and a few phone calls to stay up with the process, it has been worth....

and the best part.... still love my scope.....

Just received the denial email from Bushnell in regards to the 2 scopes I purchased from GAP.
The form submitted was definitely not the one that listed the Elite Tactical line as an excluded optic.
I messaged Bushnell on FB, and other suggestions?

Just received the denial email from Bushnell in regards to the 2 scopes I purchased from GAP.
The form submitted was definitely not the one that listed the Elite Tactical line as an excluded optic.

Received the same denial on Thursday, I called the 800 number on Friday and 5 minutes later the rebate was approved.

Reactions: hoguer
Received denial email over the weekend on the XRS II. Just called and was able to get it approved. Just FYI some of the customer service reps (like mine) are still not aware of the issue. I had to nicely ask mine to speak to her manager. That got it approved for me.

Call the 1800 number at Vista Rebates and talk to a person...

They must be in blanket denial mode - just got an email saying "The purchase date indicated on the receipt/invoice is not valid for this offer"

Have to give them a call.

ETA: Gave them a call. No idea why date was flagged, but their customer service was very helpful in getting things corrected and approved.

Last edited:
Pretty much the same deal here. Got the denial email, called Vista, and rep said everything was good and he was going to approve it for me. But then he realized the rebate for my 2 XRS II's exceed the limit system would allow him to approve. So he kicked it to his manager and I'll know more in about a week. But I expect they will approve it.

Same thing for me. Sent in snail mail. Denied. 3 minute phone call, no questions asked. Approved and should arrive within 4 weeks.

Last edited:
I tried to do it online, but the UPC kept kicking out of there automated system... So the Customer Service rep at Vista told me to send in the forms.
Some have been able to get there online submission to work by getting on the phone and having a rep key in a code that works... but the snail mail old school mail in way is the best bet.

I could be wrong but I don't believe anyone has been approved through an online submission. I think Vista is approving the rebates manually.
My online submittal was accepted from the start. I did call and message Vista Outdoors for extra assurance that the online method is acceptable. They recommended me to still mail it in which I did and was denied.

I am awaiting my rebate that i did online; however, it states approved. Zero issues and no phone calls needed.

Fellow Hiders the Rebate Gods have responded and Bushnell is back in good graces.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180413-163206.jpg
    Screenshot_20180413-163206.jpg
    740.6 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: Doogie
Mine arrived yesterday as well.

I don't think it's a "8 weeks". It's more likely done in batches. Which means more like "8-12 weeks".

Azn, really glad to see somebody finally got their Visa card!

I'm just sending in my paperwork in to Vista today on scope number 1, then I'll see how this one goes and then send off my packet for scope 2 & 3 toward the end of the month

_rum

Reactions: AznTactical
I was able to submit my form online for an xrs2 and the legend spotter. Everything seemed to have went in without issue, they did mention it could take up to 8 weeks to receive the card.

Mine was shipped on April 2nd, received the 8th, approved the 23rd, still waiting on check sent message.
But I don’t remember it being marked as received right away and I looked way more than I should have.

My 3 scopes were initially declined due to the UPC code list. Called today & 1 phone call with a Jeremy cleared it up. I'm approved, he said will be 4 weeks till my Visa cards arrive. They must be getting used to clearing this issue he went right after it.

Last edited:
I have two rebates (The scope and a RCBS powder scale rebate) in there system and both approved... just not mailed... they sure are taking there time ...

I'm sure the Finance dept. has the final say on when they pay off so they get maximum advantage/interest .

Can't tell you how much I wish it was just a damn check. I have to convert this card to cash somehow so I can put it in my account.

I do as well. Do you know if the card is considered a debit or credit card? I think with venmo you can transfer between accounts for free with debit cards, otherwise you're stuck with a 3% charge for a credit card transfer.

I do as well. Do you know if the card is considered a debit or credit card? I think with venmo you can transfer between accounts for free with debit cards, otherwise you're stuck with a 3% charge for a credit card transfer.

It is a Visa card that works just like any other "gift card" except instead of being limited to a specific vendor it can be used to pay anywhere a Visa card is accepted. In this sense it works like a debit card up to the limit of the issued amount but you use it like a credit card, which mostly means you don't ever enter a PIN code to use it.

It starts out pre-loaded with your 'rebated amount' and its value diminishes by whatever you spend against it. When balance reaches zero, you simply throw it away. Once activated, and in your possession, it is just like cash!

You can either keep track of the balance yourself by subtracting what you've spent from the original starting balance, or call the number on the card to get the remaining monies left on the card.

Gotcha, nice explanation. I'll just dump my $720 (3 scopes) back into my savings account. Or more likely buy a Nikon Black 6-24X.....lol

Called and spoke with them two days ago, and the guy told me that I had two cards being mailed out this week, but the website tracking still shows approved not mailed. Any day now! Also at 8 weeks since approval