• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell CONX Combo vs. ?

SapperMick

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2018
Born NW, Stationed in SoCal
Hello ya'll,

Been trying to find a ballistic range finder and I stumbled across the Bushnell CONX w/ Kestral combo.

Im curious if this is a decent combo or is i should be looking to buy seperate systems? For example, the Sig Kilo 2800 is nice, but then id still need to purchase a Kestral for 400-600...

Ive used LRF before but never one with a ballistics engine, so open to all comments/recommendations.

The Conx combo is a great setup and will put meat on the table,, from the price point it has to be about the best there is for ranging out to a mile, there are more expensive models that range farther but just because they go that far does not make them better, The Conx setup is ideal for realistic distances,

I just watched this video again and This Guys results are just as good as mine, He managed to range a Mule Deer Doe at 1646yds 6x out of 10 and a patch of scrub at 1490yds 10x out of 10, So although a few others have hit the shops since I still think the Conx has a lot to offer,

Hope that helps.

John.

Last edited:
John,
It does help, I ordered the CONX combo (couldnt pass up deal) and hopefully ill be able to post a review in the future when i make it back to the states.
I found a Bushnell Promo video where the user got it to hit pronghorns at 1798yds in Bright Sunlight yet Bushnell claim only 600yds and it was hitting them fast and changing as they moved about, so they hit 3X the distance, I think they are pretty good.

good luck,

I used the Bushnell Conx combo at a steel match and scored a 1,300 yrd first round hit, if that tells you anything. ALSO, I was told by a Kestrel rep that you can upgrade the software to a 5700 Elite if you need more.

Reactions: MilDot1960
I used the Bushnell Conx combo at a steel match and scored a 1,300 yrd first round hit, if that tells you anything. ALSO, I was told by a Kestrel rep that you can upgrade the software to a 5700 Elite if you need more.
Bugga me that's a heck of a result, congrats, nice job, what Rifle was you using,

thanks,

John.

John, thank you! Ill definitely look into that thread. It was delivered the other day, cant wait to get back and try out the full package!
Ya welcome Mick, coming from a vertical LRF it did take me a day or two to get use to holding it like a set of bino's but after that I was zapping everything in site, lol.

have fun and let us know how you get on, good luck.

John.