• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite 6500...

Wardy

"Gordy"
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2008
North Eastern NC
Did a search and didnt find out what i was looking for.

The Elite 6500 4.5-30X50....whats up with this scope? Is it crap or what? I am in the lookin stages for some newer glass and am weighing my options. I am leaning Heavily to another NXS.
Thanks...

Re: Bushnell Elite 6500...

You can't really compare the 6500 to an NXS. I know the Bushnell 6500 is a really good scope but have also heard that the Elite 4200 has just as good quality at the higher magnification as the 6500 and some guys prefer the 4200. I wouldn't say that it's crap, but it's not going to compare to your NXS but Bushnell does make a quality product and I doubt your going to have any issues with it.

Thanks, I was just wondering if it is really worth $750-$1000 that it costand if there were any issues with it.

Thanks.

I have 2 of the 4.5x30x50s. One is a duplex crosshair and the other is a Tactical model with Mil-Dot. I bought both of them thru ebay and were in the $600 range. For that price I really like them. They are not as clear as my upper end Leupolds and do not have the depth perception of my Nightforce scopes. I do like the small size and light weight. Clarity is good and repeatability when moving the dials is great. I did have a problem with the crosshair model losing its parallex adjustment. Sent it in to Bushnell and got it back in 3 weeks with full repair in first class condition.

Got about 400 rounds of 7WSM under my 6500 4.5-30 and still tracks fine. I didn't like it at first (NF whore) but I have actually thought about buying another.

Right on...I could be persuaded to get one of them. $600-$700 is a little easier to get over than $1500...

i have the 2.6-16x50 and unless your using all the tacticool features of the NF or S&B its fine for shooting.

personally i zero it and leave the turrets alone and use hold over to hunt.

The glass is good enough and its a nice scope.

id like a S&B again but when i got money to burn which will be next yr