• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Legend T Series 15-45x60 FFP

Following

People wondering about using phones and phone adapters, Check out phoneskope.com won't be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive looked into it. my only concern is interference with the various adjustments, mag, focus and diopter. it seems like the phoneskope mechanism would get in the ay, but I could be totally wrong.

ive looked into it. my only concern is interference with the various adjustments, mag, focus and diopter. it seems like the phoneskope mechanism would get in the ay, but I could be totally wrong.[/QUOTE]

Not really a problem ever honestly I think you'll be happy with it

Has anyone compared this spotter to a gold ring 12-40x60??? Is it that far off or pretty close to it optically?

Has anyone compared this spotter to a gold ring 12-40x60??? Is it that far off or pretty close to it optically?

Seeing as how the GR is 3x the cost you really can't compare the two. But at least the bushy has a reticle.

I just ordered one of these scopes friday. Hopefully i don't get a lemon. Ill be ordering the triad cover after i verify that my scope is ok and everything works.

I've been using mine for a bit now.

For the price you can't really go wrong. Glass is good, considering the price, and all around its a good package.

Mine seems to stop walking its focus...
wired, but nice.
Now I dont need that rubber band or send it in for repair...

saw this on my IG from breachbangclear. looks like it could work with this spotter as well (leupold is pictured). looks like a good design.

Untitled.jpg

https://kineticdg.com/product/the-optics-hub/

Thats a nice product, looks like it would be very useful on a leupold or another brand. I use the rails to mount a Burris Fastfire. Zeroed to the scopes mil reticle, getting on target is quick and easy. The Triad cover lets you keep the rails outside, making that product of no use..

Now that ive had a couple weeks to use the scope, i can give my impressions. The glass clarity is very good. Its on par with scopes over twice its price.

The build quality seems good. The rails are strait relative to the scopes center. My mechanically zeroed fastfire was very close to the mil reticle before i even started to zero it.

The only thing im not liking so far is that the glass isnt clear all the way to the edges. The last 1/4 of the field of view, at the edges, has a closer focal point.

if the edges are brought into focus, thr center is out.

Last edited:
Just talked to KDG about this mount this last weekend. Pretty cool. He design allows you to co align accessories like a range finder using adjustments made into the design. So it definitely is more than just armor.

I had had the idea to mount my Kilo to the rails on Bushy but have been worried about alignment. This may help.

For those of you who had the same issue as mine, blurry at the edges, ive cured it.

Mine was blurry at the edges, when the center was in focus. If i adjusted the focus to clear up the edges, the center would be blurry.

The cure was simple, i just needed to tighten the non-rotating part of the focus knob. The part that the rubber ring, the magnification setting numbers, is glued onto.

It looks like a factory worker in wangdong put a couple drops of something like threadlocker on the threads, and threaded it on just tight enough to align the numbers with the magnification knob , then let the threadlock dry.

It wasnt tight, just felt like it due to the locktight. I twisted it loose, worked it back and forth to free up the chinese locktite, added a couple drops of permatex blue and torqued it down with my hands.

Now its clear, all the way to the edges!!

Only had mine a couple of days so I've not had time for any range work yet, but I did mount my kilo to the left side and zero/align with the retical. I've only looked-ranged out to 500-600 m but the cool factor is with both eyes open I can co witness the kilo range while focusing on the target. I think it will work great for comps.

Mine finally arrived today after several weeks of waiting. For the money I'm very pleased with it. The rubber piece on the main focus ring broke free from the sleeve underneath but once I applied pressure and got the sleeve to free up it seems to be staying put, I'll probably put a bit of superglue under it to make sure it holds in the future.

I also picked up one of the Triad Tactical covers for the spotter and the fit is very nice as well. I don't get to the range as often as I used to but it'll get a good bit of use spotting critters. Money well spent in my opinion.

Does anyone have the o-ring size for these from Fastenal? My focus moves way too easy. The link to the Scout post doesn't work anymore.

I recently purchased one of these units and I think, for the money, its a very solid piece of gear. Not in the league of the Zeiss, but its 1/10 the price ($400 vs $4000). It is right there with the Leupold however and again at a nice price savings. Overall I would recommend it.

Pros:
love the rails - got my Vectronix -10 mounted up top, see picture attached. Very useful, one stop spotting and ranging station
turrets are great, super smooth, very easy to move/focus/change magnification w/o impacting the sight picture
small size - very mobile given its small footprint in a pack
Durable - nice coating, rugged... I'm adding the Triad Tactical cover to improve the durability, especially inside the back pack (https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Bushnell-Tactical-Spotting-Scope-Cover.html )
reticle is useful but not overwhelming the observation value

Cons:
reticle does have some 'etching fuzz' on it. Not huge.
glass isn't 'wow' good (its hardly 'crappy' bad either, overall its 'better than most' good)
edge clarity isn't great
sight picture is sensitive to head position

Attachments

• photo75677.jpg
    photo75677.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 271
I recently purchased one of these units and I think, for the money, its a very solid piece of gear. Not in the league of the Zeiss, but its 1/10 the price ($400 vs $4000). It is right there with the Leupold however and again at a nice price savings. Overall I would recommend it.

Pros:
love the rails - got my Vectronix -10 mounted up top, see picture attached. Very useful, one stop spotting and ranging station
turrets are great, super smooth, very easy to move/focus/change magnification w/o impacting the sight picture
Durable - nice coating, rugged... I'm adding the Triad Tactical cover to improve the durability, especially inside the back pack (https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Bushnell-Tactical-Spotting-Scope-Cover.html )

Cons:
glass isn't 'wow' good (its hardly 'crappy' bad either, overall its 'better than most' good)
edge clarity isn't great

pretty much what ive said all along. stop comparing it to a 4000 dollar spotter. at 450, even less most times, its a good deal and a good piece of equipment.

Any deals running on these? Best I can find is $459 and free shipping at B&H...

Sorry I'm late on this thread but is everyone happy with this spotter and what does it compare to.I was told it compares with Vortex Viper PST or Leupold MK4 and someone else said it compares with Vortex Diamondback

Sorry I'm late on this thread but is everyone happy with this spotter and what does it compare to.I was told it compares with Vortex Viper PST or Leupold MK4 and someone else said it compares with Vortex Diamondback

It is no where close to a mark 4. Whoever told you that does not know what he is talking about. This is a 450dollar Chinese spotter. Keep that in mind. It is very basic. It gets the job done but it is a long way off from a Leupold. But for the money, it’s well worth it. But I would never compare it to a 2000 dollar spotter.

Reactions: MilDot1960
It is no where close to a mark 4. Whoever told you that does not know what he is talking about. This is a 450dollar Chinese spotter. Keep that in mind. It is very basic. It gets the job done but it is a long way off from a Leupold. But for the money, it’s well worth it. But I would never compare it to a 2000 dollar spotter.
Yeah the Mk4 is a great spotter and the GR-HD is very bright and sharp, My older Bushnell Excursion 15-45 is still very serviceable, I wanted the Mk 4 but because I already had the Excursion with the Mildot Ret I went with the GR-HD because for some tasks having a Retical can become annoying.

John.

Thinking I know the answer to this already, but seeing as how the obj size is so much different, how does this compare to a Konus 80mm spotter?

I like the compact package a lot... certainly something I could take to the stand in a pack compared to the Konus, but for 300-800+yd range work, which is better? Leaning toward one of these at the moment, but if the Konus has better clarity, or low light performance, it may win out. I don't have the budget for $1,000 spotter with trying to buy a bigger house...

Thinking I know the answer to this already, but seeing as how the obj size is so much different, how does this compare to a Konus 80mm spotter?

I like the compact package a lot... certainly something I could take to the stand in a pack compared to the Konus, but for 300-800+yd range work, which is better? Leaning toward one of these at the moment, but if the Konus has better clarity, or low light performance, it may win out. I don't have the budget for $1,000 spotter with trying to buy a bigger house...

I have both the Konus 80 and this Bushnell. The image is sharper and clearer w/ the Konus, those things are an incredible value picture-wise. That being said, I use the Bushnell a great deal more because it is more compact and allows me to use night vision/illumination/Radius rangefinder in conjunction with it right out of the box.

Reactions: MotorOilMcCall
So I just got this scope in last week and I have been loving it ever since. Luckily it is my first spotting scope so I have nothing extravagant to compare it to.

I was able to make out an osprey eagle across the lake from where I live at 3.26km (2.02 miles), I couldn't see color of its feathers or anything, but I could tell there was a huge bird in a tree (with some crows to compare it too) and knew that there was a nest not far off. Pics for interest:

So these are admittedly terrible free hand cell phone pictures. But they should help. It is much nicer looking through the scope in person I have to say. I am also looking through some branches and electric lines as well. Distance to fence line is 3.26km.

View from behind the scope:
2XkOxKQ.jpg

Roughly what I will be looking at in red circle.
ANYMJH1.jpg

Bad Cell pic :(
IY5BVeY.jpg

There was an awesome moon the other afternoon so I figured I would give it a quick scope. The picture was very crisp and I could see some awesome texture on the surface of the moon as well. I also took this opportunity to google the diameter of the moon, and take a mil reading and check my skills/scopes accuracy.

I figured that the moon was filling 9.47 mills and plugged that number plus the diameter of the moon (3474-km) into the standard formula. My Calculation was 366,842.66 km.

Once that was done I looked up distance from my position to the moon for as close a date as I could get. On April 20th 10:41am (6 day old data) the moon was 368,714km from my location. (Info found here: https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/moon/distance.html)

366,842.66 / 368,714 = .9949 or 99.49% accurate measurement. I was off by 1871.34km, less then half the diameter of the moon! Needless to say I am quite happy with its degree of accuracy in the mills, and its clarity. Here are some terrible cell phone pics that I could snap via free hand (the cell phone mount for the eyepiece doesn't arrive till next week :D )

15x
RAhyTd9.jpg

45x
4dHkzJB.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MilDot1960
I know this is half the price of the LMSS so there is a different feature set, but does anyone know how they compare?

I know this is half the price of the LMSS so there is a different feature set, but does anyone know how they compare?
Well. I have both. The LMSS is nicer but not as compact. But you can’t compare the two. They r not in the same price range.

So those of you that have the older Bushnell Excursion 15-45 how does the new scope compare to the older Bushnell Excursion. Is it worth it to upgrade, maybe better glass? I have no way to currently look through one.

I see some of you guys got crazy deals on this Bushnell scope. Can someone pass on some info on where to find a deal or discount codes? im ready to buy now. -thanks in advance.

Pros:

Cons:
edge clarity isn't great

What mount are you using to attach the Vectronix to the spotter?

Hard to find in Canada for a good price. Picked one up from Amazon Canada for $750 after tax. Can't wait to use it! First impressions are solid piece of kit.