• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushy 4.5-18x44 LRHSi Throw Lever?

Spicerack

Misanthropic Ginger
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2013
Green Bay, WI
Morning!

Any of you rifle jockeys a 3D print nerd? Looking for a line on an inexpensive option for a throw lever for one of these GAP deal scopes from last year. AADland is OOS, plus the price is $60. Can anyone help out? If anyone has a CAD file, I can probably get access to a printer. But I'd be willing to pay for a model that would be more robust than the printing media.

Semper Fidelis,
Aaron

Thank you, sir. Sent email to verify that the Elite Tactical RevIII will fit properly. Not too bad at $25 for CFRP.

I always prefer Aluminum over plastic due to feel, but their polymer ones fit great.

Great glass on that scope, if the reticle lines weren't so thick I would have kept at least one of the three I had.

I liked white tail hunting with it last season on a Tikka CTR in .260 Rem. The illuminated center portion was a great vitals sized reference point when on the move with scope on lowest mag, and dialing the magnification when sitting to find the optimal perceived reticle thickness made it perfect for my area: Can move through some thick brush at times to get to the stand where one can still-hunt and the possibility of a jump shot exists, and then there is opportunity for a shot out to 750 yds once in the stand. Shot two deer within seconds of each other at less than 50 yards this time. But I lost the spot since the owner sold that chunk of property that my stand sits on, so now I'm on the prowl for a new spot.

Tyler from MKM. Saw your email come through earlier, was going to bust out a ton of support emails tonight.

Vortex VTX A is what ya need for that scope!

Just got the VTXA one for my LRHSi. Kind of wish metal was an option. It also seems maybe it made the zoom ring loose or added play in it. Wish it came with an exact torque spec as well.

Just got the VTXA one for my LRHSi. Kind of wish metal was an option. It also seems maybe it made the zoom ring loose or added play in it. Wish it came with an exact torque spec as well.

I'm going to make a 1.74" diameter milled lever just cause they're so popular, but I'm also curious as to why you prefer metal on a lever? I've got plenty of both obviously and really prefer the poly levers. Beefier, comfier on the hand, and can take a whole lot of abuse without leaving any marks on a scope.

I'm going to make a 1.74" diameter milled lever just cause they're so popular, but I'm also curious as to why you prefer metal on a lever? I've got plenty of both obviously and really prefer the poly levers. Beefier, comfier on the hand, and can take a whole lot of abuse without leaving any marks on a scope.
I mostly prefer the metal bc of the install. It seems to me that the durability of the 3D print is inconsistent because if not you would be able to provide a standard torque spec. Stopping when the washer begins to cut into the product is not ideal for me. Beefier may feel better, but it doesn't translate to any better performance. Just my thoughts. I am not knocking the current product but I would change if you offered metal.

I mostly prefer the metal bc of the install. It seems to me that the durability of the 3D print is inconsistent because if not you would be able to provide a standard torque spec. Stopping when the washer begins to cut into the product is not ideal for me. Beefier may feel better, but it doesn't translate to any better performance. Just my thoughts. I am not knocking the current product but I would change if you offered metal.

The reason I don't offer a torque spec is because most don't have torque wrenches accurate to lower values. For example the FAT wrench set at 10 in/lbs I've seen values from 8-14 in/lbs when I've compared to a high end calibrated wrench. With our old design at approximately 9.5 in lbs was where problems could start, so "snug" was the best option.

I actually see very consistent prints with our machines and materials, we can hold +-.003 pretty reliably. We've been doing quite a few jobs for a local electrical company with parts of +-.005 tolerances they were making on a lathe then further milling afterwards for about 25% of their old cost.

The new lever design you can crank tight enough to bind the mag ring from our carbon fiber and glass fiber materials, and they will take more abuse than aluminum levers with certain impacts.

The reason I don't offer a torque spec is because most don't have torque wrenches accurate to lower values. For example the FAT wrench set at 10 in/lbs I've seen values from 8-14 in/lbs when I've compared to a high end calibrated wrench. With our old design at approximately 9.5 in lbs was where problems could start, so "snug" was the best option.

I actually see very consistent prints with our machines and materials, we can hold +-.003 pretty reliably. We've been doing quite a few jobs for a local electrical company with parts of +-.005 tolerances they were making on a lathe then further milling afterwards for about 25% of their old cost.

The new lever design you can crank tight enough to bind the mag ring from our carbon fiber and glass fiber materials, and they will take more abuse than aluminum levers with certain impacts.
Thank you for the education and great point about the low torque values.

Good afternoon,

Got the lever today. Fit is great on the mag ring with some minor obstruction of reading the elevation turret setting which is not a big deal to me. Thanks Mr. Kemp.

Semper Fidelis,
Aaron

Attachments

• 20190511_154853.jpg
    20190511_154853.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 15