• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

C Products AICS Magazine Review *Pics Added*

308MAUS3R

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Missouri
I picked one up from Midway and the fit/finish is comparable to the genuine AI mags. They say it is stainless steel, so I was expecting a spray on coating like the C Products AR mags have, but these ones are black inside and out more like a phosphate type finish. These mags don't have a front insert, so they can handle longer loaded rounds, I measured the max OAL as 2.955" my AI mags handle ~2.89" OAL.

It cycles dummy rounds just fine. I'll try it at the range later this week and report back. It is more difficult to load, the mag spring is much heavier than the AI ones have. I'm not sure the originals ever had a problem of a "weak" spring, but C Products put a heavier one on it anyway. The follower is aluminum, once again, not that the plastic ones ever broke.

Overall, I'm impressed for under $60 retail.

Re: C Products AICS Magazine Review

Ok, I shot some photos.
AICSMags009.jpg

AI on the left, C Products on the right. Notice the lack of a front insert in the C Products that allows for a longer OAL.

AICSMags008.jpg

C Products on top, AI on the bottom. Notice the difference in the followers.

AICSMags005.jpg

C Products follower, more like a standard rifle magazine follower instead of being riveted like the AI.

Need more competitors offering them to bring down prices.

Now that a lot of different rifle makers seem to be offering builds using AICS mag format, hopefully more knock offs will emerge.

Assuming the quality is reliable, a magazine is one component that I dont care whose name is stamped on it.

They may "look" okay, but put some rounds through them and see if you have any problems. Here is a recent pictoral and review on these mags. You'll note that despite the excellent price...there are some serious issues that until C-Products fixes them (which I can't tell from your pics if they have)...these mags are nowhere close to the quality and reliability of OEM mags.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1861309

Take a look at my first picture, the feed lips aren't "cut off" like the first prototypes, they are just like the factory.

I have cycled 50 dummies through this one with no issues. FWIW, I had to tweak one of my AI mags to get it to work properly, so YMMV.

That appears to be a vast improvement over the "early" C-Prod mags. Thank you for the update and addt'l pics.

There is a process for blackening Stainless Steel. I did it on my 1911 stainless slide.

I'm gonna give these C-products a try. The price is pretty good on Midway right now.

I have fired about 500 rounds through my 10 round C-Products AICS mag without a problem. I use a OAL of 2.81.

As far as I can tell, the AI mag isn't worth the extra money. My mags get beat to hell in the desert sand too. I'll repost if they start failing on me.

i saw them for $46 somewhere else, so shop around and remember midways discount codes

i bought 4 10 rounders for my AICS about 6 months ago from midway and have had no issues with them at all. roughly a couple hundred rounds down range and not a single failure. overall good mag for a decent price.

I have a friend that bought a rifle with Badger bottom metal. He didn't get any mags in the deal, so he bought 4 of the C Products mags. I know for a fact he's fired well over 500 rounds through them without issue.

There are always going to be "nay sayers" to any decent product that comes out that is copying a more expensive product. If it works, it works regardless of who's name it has on it or what country it came from.

I have two of these for my rifle. They have functioned flawlessly.

I do have two downsides:
1. A little tough to load. I have an issue with the follower hanging up on the first cartridge, and the last 2 seem to be tougher to load. I am hoping that with some use they will loosen up a bit.
2. The inside of the feed lips were not cleaned up. Both sides of the inside of the feed had sharp edges the whole length. I used a stone to smooth out all the surfaces on my mags. Both of the mags that my dad ordered had the same issue. While loading and shooting, the cases would receive gouges along the length.

Again, we have fixed the rough surfaces, and the feed fine now. I just felt that should be addressed.

Wally

I picked up two of these C Products 10 round mags at the gun show yesterday for $20 a piece. I love it when I can find good deals like this. I got them for my AICS 1.5 and they seemed to fit fine. I have not been able to feed any rounds through it yet but I am hoping they will work fine. It looks like I may need to polish the feed lips reading this thread.