• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cabelas XT1500 digital scale

jasonZ

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2008
independence, kansas 67301
So I did some searching, probably not enough, but anyhow has anybody used the Cabelas XT1500 digital scale? It looks like it's possibly made by Lyman, as it resembles their xt1500 scale. I was thinking about ordering one, while it's on sale at Cabelas. It will be used for reloading 308, 223, 40sw, and other various rounds. Any input would be appreciated. I think it would be better than the Lee safety scale that I'm currently using. If I have any problems or am unsure on the safety scale, I have to borrow my friends RCBS 750 to verify and thought this would probably work fine. The reviews on their site have pretty decent information and it is supposed to be .02gr +/- in accuracy I believe. Thanks, Jason

Re: Cabelas XT1500 digital scale

I did exactly the same thing and went from the Lee and tried the Cabela's based on price vs. features. The Cabela's has worked fine for me, except that it sometimes doesn't respond well when trickling. Personally, If I had it to do over with again I would either buy the RCBS so that I could later get the Chargemaster or...suck it up and get the chargemaster, which I have now had on my brain for the last few months.

Natchez is now selling the Chargemaster for exactly $300 so you get the $50 mail in without buying anything else.

I have the Cabelas scale and got fed up with it's lack of sensitivity to trickling and never getting consistent results from round to round. I just got the Chargemaster and I wish I would have bought it the first time around.

I had the cabelas model for a day. It didnt work from thhee word go. Had an error that the paperwork stated it had to be ssent in for repair. Good thing is cabelas took it back with no issues.