Cadex Defence, flaunt it if you've got it!

Harry_19

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2019
Southern Alberta
300 PRC Field competition chassis, 26” rock creek barrel 7twist, Big Horn TL3 action built by Patriot Valley arms. Haven’t even had a chance to shoot it yet. But I will have some of Josh’s 241 solids loaded for me. View attachment 7443879View attachment 7443880View attachment 7443881View attachment 7443882View attachment 7443883View attachment 7443884View attachment 7443885
Build turned out great. That was the other color that I was considering for my chassis. Which Spuhr mount did you end up going with?

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976

JB.IC

Jackass of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2019
Anyone own a Kraken and have a gunsmith make barrels for it?
I may have a good deal on one.
I’m wonder is there’s any smiths out there that have the tenon information to chamber the barrels and just use the rifle like a regular shouldered barrel without needing Cadex kraken action wrench.

what I’m not wanting to do is buy a $1300.00 barrel from cadex when clearly a smith could easily chamber the barrel like any other action out there.
I also wonder if the 30/300/33 action wrench would work in the Kraken with or without any modification. I think it would be similar since the actions are the same size. 1.55”. I’m assuming the raceways are similar as well.

Mr. F

Gunny Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2011
Where in the lower 48 are you guys buying cadex chassis from?

Eric32

USAF
Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Aug 14, 2011
    Clarksville, TN
    20201216_110637.jpg

Cadex field comp
    w/ short action bottom metal
    Modified MPA grip
    Stiller TAC300
    Trigger Tech 2 stage diamond
    CBI barrel
    .150 recoil lug from Hunts long range
    PVA 12 point barrel nut
    PVA 4 port brake
    Waiting on supressor conversion from my SDN 6

Bushnell XRS H59 waiting on the gen 3 to come out
    Hawkins 1.25 rings

Cadex Defence

Sergeant
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Where in the lower 48 are you guys buying cadex chassis from?
    We have a rapidly growing network of dealers in the US that you can choose from. The best way to find them is at the link below. If you have a local dealer interested in getting set up as a dealer have them email me at customerservice@cadexinc.com. As for lead times on chassis you are looking at 4-6 weeks on the majority of products.

cheers,
    Ryan

Cadex Defence

Sergeant
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Anyone own a Kraken and have a gunsmith make barrels for it?
    I may have a good deal on one.
    I’m wonder is there’s any smiths out there that have the tenon information to chamber the barrels and just use the rifle like a regular shouldered barrel without needing Cadex kraken action wrench.

what I’m not wanting to do is buy a $1300.00 barrel from cadex when clearly a smith could easily chamber the barrel like any other action out there.
    I also wonder if the 30/300/33 action wrench would work in the Kraken with or without any modification. I think it would be similar since the actions are the same size. 1.55”. I’m assuming the raceways are similar as well.

The Tenon drawing for the Kraken has not been released for use by general gun smiths as the time, research and testing that went into this project was a huge investment and we do not want it copied. None of the action wrenches we offer will work in the Kraken other then the Kraken wrench with a factory barrel.

As for the price lets take into account that
    1. The barrel comes fluted, cerakoted, threaded for a brake and head spaced perfectly to your action.
    2. We are using premium Bartlien barrels
    3. You do not have to pay to ship your action to a gun smith and then back.
    4. You can schedule your new barrel to be delivered, and if you are in a pinch we usually have barrels ready to go that could be to you with in a week.

You should also take a look at the other multi cal guns on the market. We are actually cheaper then most of them.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Ryan

Gil P.

Blank
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 16, 2013
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    The Tenon drawing for the Kraken has not been released for use by general gun smiths as the time, research and testing that went into this project was a huge investment and we do not want it copied. None of the action wrenches we offer will work in the Kraken other then the Kraken wrench with a factory barrel.

1. The barrel comes fluted, cerakoted, threaded for a brake and head spaced perfectly to your action.
    4. You can schedule your new barrel to be delivered, and if you are in a pinch we usually have barrels ready to go that could be to you with in a week.

You should also take a look at the other multi cal guns on the market. We are actually cheaper then most of them.

Cheers,
    Ryan
    Can you do the same with your regular non MC actions? Prefits can be had for close to $800 for most other actions. I think most of us can do without the additional cost of fluting.

Last edited:

Alanh

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 25, 2020
    Alabama

frank320

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2019
    What kind of accuracy have you been getting with the 50? Between BMG, Cheytac, and Lapua there are all kinds of options.
    The 50bmg is a totally different beast to shoot accurately and consistently. Call me a wimp of whatever you want, but managing recoil on the 50bmg consistently is an exercise onto itself. I have gotten 3-5 shot groups of about 2 inches or less at 300 yards, but it requires me to really focus and do my job. Having inconsistent shoulder pressure, bipod pre-load, flinching(however slightly), throws shots off.

I am way more consistent with my MPA 6.5 PRC and 300WM - consistently less than 1.5 inches over 5 shot groups at 300 yards in any condition. The Cadex Tremor 50bmg is such a hoot and challenge to shoot though, I really love it.

AK74U

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 5, 2021
    Atlanta
    Cadex Tremor .50! I'm thinking of getting one since I can't find a Bushmaster BA50/Remington R2MI, AI AX 50, and McMillan TAC-50. Wanting to know about accuracy, repeatability, and reliability. Don't see many reviews or videos about them. Also thread pitches as I have both AAC Cyclops and AWC Turbodyne so suppression is required.

JB.IC

Jackass of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 25, 2019
    Anyone with the Stiller Tac408 1.45” action and a Dual Strike want to share their opinion on the combo?

I’ve never used a Stiller action but they seem reasonably priced

JB.IC

Jackass of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 25, 2019

Cheers,
    Ryan

I only wanted the Kraken because of the thicker tenon compared to the CDX33 action. The Kraken could easily be used as a single shot cheytac action as well if you guys would make a bolt face for it. It’s almost the perfect do it all action but it’s being restricted as per what you mentioned.

I’ve since decided to go a different direction anyways.

jb41291

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 24, 2017
    colorado springs, colorado
    One of these days I'll have to put some effort into taking better pics. This thing deserves much better than what I'm doing.

7Z1oCT6.jpg
    Which chassis model ?

jamie

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 17, 2002
    on canada
    Cadex account has been quiet lately. Must be working on my rifle :D She's a beaut. Take your time on it Cadex, I'm in no rush :)

It's the sniper grey Kraken with 6.5, 300, 338. She will be perfect >:]
    I am sure it will be!! Will this be your first Cadex?

smarcus

Private
    Minuteman
    May 16, 2018
    View attachment 7529266
    My 3 pieces of Cadex awesomeness.
    Closest is my bergara in the grey lite comp

middle in tan a Tikka CTR in 223

back a full on Cadex R7 in 6cm!! It is used in PRS with the lite comp chassis that my Bergara B14r is in
    Can you tell me the barrel length on the Bergara? That's a light competition chassis right?

JB.IC

Jackass of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 25, 2019
    Anyone have some vertical grip ideas?
    MDT is back ordered for awhile. I have their MDT grip for the ACC chassis but not sure how to make that work since it’s a two piece design.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker

Eric32

USAF
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Aug 14, 2011
    Clarksville, TN
    The mdt sits way too low when I tried it, I ended up going with the XLR slanted but the vertical is a solid idea.

Eric32

USAF
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Aug 14, 2011
    Clarksville, TN
    Same it was too low as well, I tried the MPA and MDT finally tried a old AR15 grip I had. It was a major improvement in comfort and trigger press. So I tried the XLR and it been perfect. I noticed I liked a more angled grip than the vertical.

Attachments

• 20201224_145853.jpg
      20201224_145853.jpg
      705.7 KB · Views: 18

JB.IC

Jackass of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 25, 2019
    I hate angled grips. Love my MDT ACC grip which is why I was hoping to get something similar to that on my other two Cadex rifles.

I bet my buddy could chop the MPA grip